TX TX - Maoye Sun, 50, Mei Xie, 49, & two sons, 9 & 7, Cypress, 24 Jan 2014

today's latest.....nothing, nada, zilch :waitasec:

Homicide detectives are asking the public for help in a case involving a family of four that was fatally shot in their Cypress home last week.

Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said during a Tuesday press conference that investigators have very little information on the case and need anyone with information to come forward.

A mother, father and their two grade-school sons were found in different rooms of their home in the 14000 block of Fosters Creek Drive about 7:30 p.m. Thursday.

The couple was last seen on Jan. 24, according to Garcia. All four were shot with a gun, but investigators do not know the type or caliber, Garcia said.

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/c...fice-Slaying-of-Cypress-family-is-5203745.php

"One law enforcement source said investigators suspect foul play because the back door was open and a window was broken. Investigators do not know if the crime was random or how many suspects were involved.

All of the family members were shot at least once in the head and the Harris County medical examiner ruled all four deaths homicides on Monday.'"

I have a lot of family in Cypress... this is very close to home. Too close. tk71texas, you're in the area, correct? Has there been an increased amount of crime in Cypress lately or is it just me?! First, there was the string of home invasion sexual assaults... where the man (thank God he's been arrested now) was targeting women and kicking down doors in broad daylight, that was horrifying. And now.. we have this? An execution style shooting to an entire family?!

Very scary. And tragic. I'm leaning towards some kind of personal "hit" but what could have made this family a target? Alternatively, maybe a random hate crime? Perhaps a case of mistaken identity in a drug related retaliation crime?!

I'm stumped, honestly.

"One law enforcement source said investigators suspect foul play because the back door was open and a window was broken. Investigators do not know if the crime was random or how many suspects were involved.

All of the family members were shot at least once in the head and the Harris County medical examiner ruled all four deaths homicides on Monday.'"

Shot in the head, oh my god... the 7 and 9 year old... :(

Furthermore, it just dawned on me that if no one around them heard the gunshots, does that mean a silencer had to have been used? Wouldn't this indicate some sort of planning and premeditation? Sincere question- I'm not the world's biggest expert on gunshots and silencers and whatnot. :blushing:

This sounds like a gang hit to me. I suspect the victim knew their killer.

One thought that crossed my mind: the deceased father was reportedly an engineer at Cameron. Cameron was a major player in the BP spill.

Not to go all conspiratorial here, but it does make you wonder if there's any correlation...

Shot in the head, oh my god... the 7 and 9 year old... :(

Furthermore, it just dawned on me that if no one around them heard the gunshots, does that mean a silencer had to have been used? Wouldn't this indicate some sort of planning and premeditation? Sincere question- I'm not the world's biggest expert on gunshots and silencers and whatnot. :blushing:

Don't real guns sound like fire crackers? Inside the house, would it really be audible to neighbors? Especially if you are inside your own home....

I have a lot of family in Cypress... this is very close to home. Too close. tk71texas, you're in the area, correct? Has there been an increased amount of crime in Cypress lately or is it just me?! First, there was the string of home invasion sexual assaults... where the man (thank God he's been arrested now) was targeting women and kicking down doors in broad daylight, that was horrifying. And now.. we have this? An execution style shooting to an entire family?!

Very scary. And tragic. I'm leaning towards some kind of personal "hit" but what could have made this family a target? Alternatively, maybe a random hate crime? Perhaps a case of mistaken identity in a drug related retaliation crime?!

I'm stumped, honestly.

there has been an influx of crime in recent months in the cypress area........it's very unsettling. Yes they caught the serial rapist thank gawd due to a very alert citizen who recognized his sketch and car description. There are a lot of busy stay at home moms in the cypress area making some for easy targets in my opinion. People need to be more aware of their surroundings for sure

I live in this area and this is absolutely horribly and frightening. Houston is quickly becoming a crime ridden city due to the influx of people moving here and other reasons.

Scary---Definitely will be more observant in my neighborhood.

Don't real guns sound like fire crackers? Inside the house, would it really be audible to neighbors? Especially if you are inside your own home....

It depends on what kind of weapon they used. It doesn't necessarily require a silencer to keep a gunshot quiet... if it's a smaller caliber weapon, it won't make as loud of a "bang" as a larger... but there are plenty of things around the house one can use as a silencer (pillow, etc.).

I'm flabbergasted how the investigators have played this so close to the vest, and now they are scrambling asking people for help. There's a common saying that the odds of solving a homicide drop by half after the first two days. If they were dead for over that, then the investigators released nothing until now... they have a heck of a case on their hands. The ME should be able to narrow down a time of death... after that, if I were the investigators, I'd be looking at security footage of everything around the house.. neighbors, gas stations, anything. There are certain deductions they could draw from the crime. The odds are it wasn't one person who committed this crime, but multiple working together. Did they watch the house before? Did they know the people? Did they stage the break in? So many questions to answer.

Heard through the rumor mill the parents had issues and fought a lot.

I haven't heard thing more than y'all today. I heard the rumor about the parents arguing but I'm not sure it's true. They would "argue" in Chinese in their driveway. Sometimes the Chinese languages sound a lot like arguing even when they aren't. We have American friends, living in working in China now, and we've talked about how difficult it is to read people based on the way they are verbally expressing themselves there. There is a huge LE presence in the neighborhood, a lot of unmarked police cars patrolling, along with our usual constable patrol.

My older sister, brother-in-law, two nieces, and one nephew live in this exact neighborhood. I was immediately worried for them and still am. I'm actually worried for myself, as well, as I live within three miles. I figure, though, that as someone mentioned, there's a lot of surveillance now, and that it's not likely that anything will happen so close to the first incident (both in physical proximity and time).

It is a tragedy, and I eagerly await more news on this matter.

My thinking (and I am just speculating, of course) is that it sounds like someone who was very angry with either the mom or the dad. Not necessarily gang affiliation, as someone has said, or involvement in some international espionage or crime matter, but just someone THAT pissed at them and hence desiring to take them out in that execution-style way.

Those poor little boys. My heart hurts for them. I don't have any children of my own, but I have been endeared to children my whole life, and my own nieces and nephews are the same age or close to the ages of the boys. I have a 13 year old niece, a 6 year old niece, and nephews ages 7, 10, and 11. I would be destroyed if they were ever hurt in this way.

So I just watched the coverage of this on the local news and it said this poor family were all shot once in the head while they lay in their beds. They then went on imploring the public for help; please call in tips etc. etc. If you know anything about what happened to his family please call in. They are also having trouble locating any next of kin for the family. Please call in if you can assist in any way, help, public,help! But not ONE time throughout the entire segment did they mention the family by name, nor show a single picture. I'm stumped.

So I just watched the coverage of this on the local news and it said this poor family were all shot once in the head while they lay in their beds. They then went on imploring the public for help; please call in tips etc. etc. If you know anything about what happened to his family please call in. They are also having trouble locating any next of kin for the family. Please call in if you can assist in any way, help, public,help! But not ONE time throughout the entire segment did they mention the family by name, nor show a single picture. I'm stumped.

exactly!!!!.........it's crazy the hush hush on the whole thing. CyFair ISD has already released the names of the boys because they attended school there. The Houston Chronicle has released names based on public records connected to the house and cars but LE has been mum on the whole thing. It looks as if they've been in the US for several years as dad went to UT in the mid 90s. Surely they have other family in the states by now....is it normal for immigrant families to live in such isolation?

The murders have been the lead story at International TV.

Reporters here tell us the family was all alone in this country so reporters have been spreading the word trying to help find relatives in China.

“So there’s no one they can rely on,” said Tiffany Zhang. “This is just a single family here. So we just try to do from the outside as brothers and sisters to do things we can.”

The local Chinese TV station is reporting that family members of the victims have been contacted in China.

A brother and sister are working to get a Visa to come and officially identify and claim the bodies, but it could be days before they arrive.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Dete...n-the-murder-of-Cypress-family-243848701.html

:wagon:

to all the new members

:welcome4:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member