SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I've seen it referred to as 'road kill highway' or something like that. Cant remember where I read that, but when I first read about human remains being found there last week, my heart skipped a beat thinking it was possibly Heather. Placed there to look like she was a hit and run victim.

Of course it turned out to be an older gentleman. May he RIP.

"That blogger's " description (rk hwy) is the exact reason why I have a nagging suspicion about that area. Since I am not that familiar with that area, I had no idea that the man's remains were found along 378.

With so many missing in this area, you would think that a massive search of the entire county wouldn't be wasted, not just to look for Heather but anyone at this point.

I really have nothing to add that others haven't alteady stated. I think of this young girl every day and pray for answers for her family.

I also live near a semi secluded boat ramp and now take note of anyone pulling in or out every single time I ride by. Odd I know, but this case has really affected me emotionally.
Probably a good idea not to meet you married bf, shady friends or an ex bf in a secluded boat docking area.

Probably a good idea not to meet you married bf, shady friends or an ex bf in a secluded boat docking area.

Actually, this just triggered a thought lol.

Though secluded, the boat launch near me is a flurry of activity on a nice day...and fishermen love to get an early start. If HE was there early that morning, someone would've had to have seen something. If she drove herself there, she must not have been there long enough for anyone to notice, or of course it's possible she was never there at all.

Unless PTL is just not a popular boat launch, or there was crappy weather.

Heather didn't like driving in the rain... from what she posted on Twitter

Actually, this just triggered a thought lol.

Though secluded, the boat launch near me is a flurry of activity on a nice day...and fishermen love to get an early start. If HE was there early that morning, someone would've had to have seen something. If she drove herself there, she must not have been there long enough for anyone to notice, or of course it's possible she was never there at all.

Unless PTL is just not a popular boat launch, or there was crappy weather.

RE: or there was crappy weather

'Did you mean Crappie weather'?

Yes poppygirl, and many fishermen night fish. Duck hunters and fishermen are many times from other areas of the state, as well as other states. This is why local, as well as national awareness is very important in missing person's investigations. The recent Hannah Anderson (CA) abduction is an excellent example of the importance of awareness..

I don't know if this case will ever be resolved...but I absolutely feel her disappearance is connected to the affair with SM, whether he is a perp or not. Just too odd for the series of calls reported not to have led to her leaving her apartment to meet someone. And her running into a random perp would be way too coincidental, IMO, especially having her car end up where it did.

I don't think this case is so strange...how we have to post about it is strange, maybe LE being this quiet is strange...but no stranger than Holly or Kortne or Katelyn or Lauren, IMO. It is always strange when a young woman vanishes, seemingly without a trace. It really does not happen that often. JMO

A few things with that theory have begun to bother me. I hadn't originally realized that Myrtle Beach was such a high crime area. I grew up in Miami, Fl, and in the late 60's/early 70's had neighbors who were shot, murdered, and a friend who disappeared and years later after a confession, it turned out she had been murdered by a complete stranger.
As far as SM...I don't think an affair between an older married man and a younger woman is all that unusual. I can understand his deception when he got caught, and don't think he really thought much beyond having to answer to his wife.
As far as the taunting that was spoken of earlier...I don't think anyone who was truly guilty of such a serious crime would publicly taunt. It was, IMO, the behavior of an immature person, but not something I would expect of someone who was truly guilty of murder.
HE might have had many conversations on many occasions with SM, and maybe this time she decided to clear her head and go for a drive. She may have parked her car at PTL, locked it, and gone for a walk.
I do believe that the possibility of her meeting up with a random stranger/strangers isn't that far fetched.

A few things with that theory have begun to bother me. I hadn't originally realized that Myrtle Beach was such a high crime area. I grew up in Miami, Fl, and in the late 60's/early 70's had neighbors who were shot, murdered, and a friend who disappeared and years later after a confession, it turned out she had been murdered by a complete stranger.
As far as SM...I don't think an affair between an older married man and a younger woman is all that unusual. I can understand his deception when he got caught, and don't think he really thought much beyond having to answer to his wife.
As far as the taunting that was spoken of earlier...I don't think anyone who was truly guilty of such a serious crime would publicly taunt. It was, IMO, the behavior of an immature person, but not something I would expect of someone who was truly guilty of murder.
HE might have had many conversations on many occasions with SM, and maybe this time she decided to clear her head and go for a drive. She may have parked her car at PTL, locked it, and gone for a walk.
I do believe that the possibility of her meeting up with a random stranger/strangers isn't that far fetched.

She had the condo to herself...her date said she was tired. I just think only SM could have gotten her to go out, if she still had feelings for him.
Also, it depends if a rumor her brother posted was true...if so, then the affair was a source of irritation, shall we say, to TM.
But anything seems possible. I wonder if we will ever know. I always start out thinking that of course we will, but with the cases I latch onto, that has not been true.

Despite my last comment, I also try to entertain the idea of another perp entirely. Like NewYork said, it'd be odd for someone who's guilty to publicly insert themselves in the drama. Maybe it's an instance of adding insult to injury...like, wow that girl I didn't like is missing and I want to make sure everyone knows what she did to me. Could be as simple as someone being vindictive and immature. Sad, nonetheless.

There are many details that can't be shared here as to why this theory is a strong one.

While you can't rule out the possibility of this being a stranger, I'll be shocked if we find that to be the case.

Despite my last comment, I also try to entertain the idea of another perp entirely. Like NewYork said, it'd be odd for someone who's guilty to publicly insert themselves in the drama. Maybe it's an instance of adding insult to injury...like, wow that girl I didn't like is missing and I want to make sure everyone knows what she did to me. Could be as simple as someone being vindictive and immature. Sad, nonetheless.

Or she believes her husband is innocent, and knows she is. But she could be wrong about him?

My honest opinion….TE and DE know their daughter is not safe. I'm sure LE told them what they couldn't say for fear it would hurt the investigation. My feeling is that there was some evidence somewhere (her car, her apartment, someones else's car or home) enough to point to foul play and her being deceased. Maybe DNA results haven't come back yet and that is all they are waiting on? I found it odd (in my mind) that they had a candlelight vigil for her within days (December 22nd) of the missing report, like they already knew they would never see their baby again :( There is a crime scene somewhere, maybe LE found it right away and the cue searches were arranged by others (who don't know all the details). LE didn't stop the searches because they didn't want to tip anyone off to the fact they were on to them.

Also - The 2nd poster I had (hung it at my work) did have her tattoos on it. They had her car up on their missing page and it caused lots of confusion.
Thankyou, this is insightful. I did think the candlelight vigil was early also. Have they had one every month? It seemed TE did say present tense and past tense off and on when he was interviewed. This is so sad in so many ways. I misunderstood about the posters. It really helps to have locals help us here.

Thankyou, this is insightful. I did think the candlelight vigil was early also. Have they had one every month? It seemed TE did say present tense and past tense off and on when he was interviewed. This is so sad in so many ways. I misunderstood about the posters. It really helps to have locals help us here.

Yes, this was helpful. For the time being, I am going to choose to believe that the truth will come out soon.

Hopefully LE did uncover a lot more and they are just waiting on test results or something else before charges can be filed.

I am holding onto the hope that we are much closer to a resolution than what it apears right now.

Or she believes her husband is innocent, and knows she is. But she could be wrong about him?

Good point, definitely. That perspective changes things for me a little bit. Maybe she knows nothing and he's sticking to his story.

Dorice 'dee dee' Moore did that very thing right here on this forum.

Some people have said that tourism is the reason why LE isn't saying anything, why there isn't much local media attention, etc. But there have been some very high-profile cases in tourist areas. Caylee's case was in Orlando. There are more hotel rooms in Orlando than any other case in the US. It's a major tourist destination. If I go by what some people are speculating, then Disney should have put a stop to that circus, right? Or what about Madeleine McCann or Natalee Holloway, both went missing from tourist areas, and their cases were huge. So what's different about Heather's case?

Some people have said that tourism is the reason why LE isn't saying anything, why there isn't much local media attention, etc. But there have been some very high-profile cases in tourist areas. Caylee's case was in Orlando. There are more hotel rooms in Orlando than any other case in the US. It's a major tourist destination. If I go by what some people are speculating, then Disney should have put a stop to that circus, right? Or what about Madeleine McCann or Natalee Holloway, both went missing from tourist areas, and their cases were huge. So what's different about Heather's case?

This is South Carolina….it is like a different country here. There is a good ole boys system and the media is owned, IMO

JMO I am not sure I believe tourism is a factor...but then I do not live there. Also MB is much smaller than Orlando. And almost nothing keeps people from going to Disneyland, apparently. MB is extremely dependent upon tourists. Also, if people read about this case while researching MB, they might draw the conclusion this was an affair gone bad and nothing to do with their safety, IMO.

This is South Carolina….it is like a different country here. There is a good ole boys system and the media is owned, IMO

This is true. Take a look at the Board of Directors for WMBF and WPDE. They both have Directors that serve on the Chamber of Commerce as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or, whether he is innocent or not, someone is doing damage control regarding anything that might belong to SM that is found in HE's car, home, etc. Some people don't care about innocent or guilty, just keeping the status quo. Just another option to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson