SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm listening to the blogtalk now, so sorry I forgot to link/

Thank you. I don't interpret it as a direct quote. I interpret it as the reporter looked at the police report and then wrote his/her story based on that report. But it is fine if you take it as a direct quote. It is stated in MSM and we each get to interpret things as we see fit.

I appreciate the response.

Thank you.

Salem

Why did they use quotes then? Aren't quotation marks only used when using someone else's words? I thought so, but am really bad at this topic, which is why I have someone do this side of our business for us... Thankfully!

Why did they use quotes then? Aren't quotation marks only used when using someone else's words? I thought so, but am really bad at this topic, which is why I have someone do this side of our business for us... Thankfully!

Sadly, it would not be the first time...I have seen quotes in news stories that did not match once I saw a video of what person actually said. But I can see Te having said both phrases, IMO.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1004566#.UvfPCn-9KSM

Well in this article...the title says "have Heather" but the quote in article says "Heather was first, M is next" so just like much else in this case, either reporting is f'ed up or people are saying different things to different sources...

clu, I'm launching off your post. ty

Last night, on this very subject, I posted my way into trouble somehow.
Eventually I became frustrated, so I gave up trying to express the meaning behind my posts which was -

1. there are two different versions of the story and
2. wanting to know why.

It probably was something I said that set peeps off, but instead of concentrating on the problem of inaccurate reporting that has occurred repeatedly, the concentration was placed mainly on TE's behavior as was REPORTED also, involving the differing messages he received from the perps driving the jeep along with his reactions to the messages.

How come if one is trying to get to the bottom of a question, one is accused of not being 'nice'? I don't think asking questions equates with not being 'nice'. I know men don't think along these lines.

There's so much anger right now, of course it's understandable. But there's still hope that Heather is alive. The eruption if her body is found will be catastrophic. I can see someone in a rage, after hearing the news, taking the law into their own hands. I wonder if LE would give the Moorers police protection. I am not saying they would want to protect them, but would they be obligated to if they felt that emotions would be very strong after finding Heather? I could see them having a squad car outside the house as soon as the news gets out.

Right, he said he called & called & called. I remember 7:00pm coming up too. Did he say they called from PTL until like 7:00? I forget. I remember him saying it was getting dark. I remember wondering if they drove directly to Heather's place for a well-check visit.

I'd have to go back and look around. I remember TE talking about calling but don't remember the time for sure. Sorry,I'm no help .lol :blushing:

I have been busy the past couple of weeks and tried to catch up as best I could. I remember questioning the details of HE's purse, phone and clothing as I feel it was very important Incase an item was to show up during a search or at least people could be in the look out Incase an item is found. IMO, considering she may or may not have always carried a purse, ,now that time has passed and debit or credit cards have not been active???? This maybe why "purse is thought to be missing"??? If this is the case, I still believe that the DETAILS of these items are very important, along with what she was last seen wearing, details of phone.... keys... everything, they could turn up ANYWHERE and as a community we need to be on the look out. How many Times have you driven down the road and spotted a shoe, hat or clothing..... you just never know!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I think TE was saying he didn't know because LE took stuff out of the apartment which he didn't see.

I am just trying to clarify for myself since so many statements that have been made in this case seem to have an equal and opposite one, somewhere.

Did TE say that even with HE missing for almost two months, and talking to LE daily, that he doesn't know if HE changed her clothes?

There's so much anger right now, of course it's understandable. But there's still hope that Heather is alive. The eruption if her body is found will be catastrophic. I can see someone in a rage, after hearing the news, taking the law into their own hands.

I hope that doesn't happen but would fully understand if it did because I would do the same.

I don't know. LE may have evidence that makes all this moot. The interview on myhorry made it sound like they didn't really think she left, and I'm inclined to agree that it's the least likely explanation. Yeah, it seems like they're focused on OM with good reason, but on the other hand you'd think that with several weeks to investigate, they would have found enough evidence to arrest him by now if he was guilty.

I know that I used to work with a woman who was in a deeply abusive relationship but she did such a good job of hiding it that none of us even suspected until the morning she didn't come to work because she was in the hospital and he was in jail for putting her there. So it seems possible that HE might have tried to hide it from her family.

Or maybe she feared for their safety; threatening harm to others is a common ploy of abusive partners.

She might have driven the car to Peachtree Landing to meet a friend who took her to the bus depot or airport? She might not have wanted to be picked up at the apartment if she thought the guy was watching her. And the friend might not be cooperating with the police because of protecting HE.

why take phone and keys ( could have locked them in car)you're not going to be using?

I am just trying to clarify for myself since so many statements that have been made in this case seem to have an equal and opposite one, somewhere.

Did TE say that even with HE missing for almost two months, and talking to LE daily, that he doesn't know if HE changed her clothes?

he said basically what I wrote previously....

Hockeymom, I didn't say or even mention TE or anyone else talking about if they have taken one or not. Peter did encourage them to do so, so perhaps he knows something we don't or is simply assuming as others are.

Hockeymom may I ask a question? It appears many have differing views/opinions....it's pretty obvious which way most opinions lead based on which comments they "like" as well as the comments or leading questions that are asked, myself included. I'm curious if you feel the M's aren't responsible what your theory is? No condemnation at all, just curious of your take?

BBM - I think that Hockeymom, myself, and others that like "certain" comments are only trying to keep an open mind on all of the this. Emotions are extremely high in this case, and, unfortunately, we do not have a POI named as of yet. Until then, I think it's a smart move.

I have been busy the past couple of weeks and tried to catch up as best I could. I remember questioning the details of HE's purse, phone and clothing as I feel it was very important Incase an item was to show up during a search or at least people could be in the look out Incase an item is found. IMO, considering she may or may not have always carried a purse, ,now that time has passed and debit or credit cards have not been active???? This maybe why "purse is thought to be missing"??? If this is the case, I still believe that the DETAILS of these items are very important, along with what she was last seen wearing, details of phone.... keys... everything, they could turn up ANYWHERE and as a community we need to be on the look out. How many Times have you driven down the road and spotted a shoe, hat or clothing..... you just never know!

Or a jacket? MOO

I certainly don't like only posts I agree with. I like posts that I think are well expressed, or add something that I didn't know before, or make a good point in the discussion.

It doesn't do to develop tunnel vision about a case...

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/07/4008899/police-investigate-threat-made.html#

Maybe Amanda Kelly or Tonya Root, the authors of the article, would be willing to kindly clarify the source. They claim the info is taken from an incident report and they put the words that were said (a threat) in quotes.
Later the Carolina source uses other words that alter the threat, not the threat but HE's status. Was that sentence pulled from the incident report as well?

I'm uncomfortable trusting info from neighboring news sources who don't quote the same message from an incident report. What I mean is, I don't understand how or why this is possible.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/07/4008899/police-investigate-threat-made.html#

Purse, cellphone, keys and Heather missing per TE. He doesn't know if she changed clothes or not as he hasn't seen what they took from her apartment. TE was told by LE that Heather may have changed clothes, but TE doesn't know if she did or didn't.

Your post seems to answer a question I posted before reading your post.

"May have changed clothes"? I can't even believe this is for real.

Especially in the early days, it made no sense that no one mentioned anywhere what HE may have been wearing (I did not assume she was necessarily wearing the same clothes as in the photo when she went out.).

But to read that TE supposedly can't get information from LE about whether or not HE changed clothes is shocking to me, if true.

Even if it is not clear IF or WHAT she changed into, what she was last seen wearing is important, just as the details of last person to see her, last calls.... all of these things rule out or lead to something else. No details should be overlooked.

Maybe Amanda Kelly or Tonya Root, the authors of the article, would be willing to kindly clarify the source. They claim the info is taken from an incident report and they put the words that were said (a threat) in quotes.

Later the Carolina source uses other words that alter the threat, not the threat but HE's status. Was that sentence pulled from the incident report as well?

I'm uncomfortable trusting info from neighboring news sources who don't quote the same message from an incident report. What I mean is, I don't understand how or why this is possible.

Welcome to Myrtle Beach! Enjoy your stay :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they used quotes, which they did, it should mean it's a direct quote from the report, or a quote of a person's words. That is what it SHOULD mean. If something is paraphrased I would not expect it to have quotes.

Thank you. I don't interpret it as a direct quote. I interpret it as the reporter looked at the police report and then wrote his/her story based on that report. But it is fine if you take it as a direct quote. It is stated in MSM and we each get to interpret things as we see fit.

I appreciate the response.

Thank you.

Salem

Salem, this isn't fair. I'm sorry but news media people can't quote their opinions.
We can't brush off everything that is wrong with the information being put out.

Just like if one wants to push a subject so as to stand correct (when something is indeed a fact) they can quote a math book to prove rules put forth within.

I've consciously tried to increase my critical thinking skills as I've gone along in life, you can't ask us to dumb ourselves down.
Nobody would have done that to BondJamesBond during the Anthony case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam