GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
January 20, 2014

The trial is expected to draw massive public interest, with one court booked for the hearing and a second "overflow court'' to allow a live stream of proceedings

BRUCE and Denise Morcombe will relive the horror of their son Daniel's 2003 disappearance when they are called from a pool of more than 100 potential witnesses for a murder trial next month.

The Courier-Mail can reveal they are expected to be first to take the stand among dozens of forensic, DNA and other scientific *experts who were instrumental in locating the Sunshine Coast teen's remains in thick bushland adjacent to a macadamia farm in 2011.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ed-of-his-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226805346588
BBM~
Mr./Mrs. Morcombe remain the epitome of strength and courage of a missing/murdered child. They reign supreme in character...no wonder this little boy's smile captures hearts across the world...even after all this time. Daniel is a reflection upon his parents. They empower us so...who have never walked in their shoes.
Mr. Boyce now...http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ed-of-his-murder/story-fnihsrf2-1226805346588 Awe...I'm endeared with his words and tears.

F Shadoo...Justice shall prevail...all with a guiding Hand...
I am so happy to think of Daniel...and today his inspiring parents. They are the TRUE story.

Just sayin...Whenever I hear the words "Oh, NO" in my everyday surroundings...I think of Daniel. 'Sha' (Cajun...for 'precious'), little Daniel. Daniel Morcombe.

I am glad that they are being looked after. I know it is nothing in the face of what they've been through but the respect and care that can be given to them during this process honours Daniel.

Thoughts with the Morcombe family tonight. Tomorrow is the start of a chilling and final chapter in the hopes of getting Daniel justice. Still can't believe this day has come.

The details will be horrific but the outpouring of love and support for Daniel and his family has been far far more than the evil act of one man.

The Morecombes believe Daniel is at peace and they can feel his presence sometimes.

God I'm crying now, the impact of this beautiful boy and his wonderful family is still very real in Australia. I hope justice is on its way.

Eta - from a sleuthing POV it is interesting to compare the Morecombes with the reactions of other parents with "abducted" children.

To this day Denise Morecombe looks devastated. Her grief is real and palpable. Mr M is stoic and brave but you can see the desperation and grief in his eyes to this day. They have both aged incredibly, profound grief will do that.

Interesting to compare to some parents who have seemed to almost enjoy the attention and celebrity...and make money off their childs misfortune which they quickly spend on themselves.

The Morecombes have ploughed every cent and every emotion into working to keep kids safe. They set up a Foundation to administer the funds which is working hard every day to educate on child safety. They would have to be the most selfless people.

Interesting to also note they were never POI's. Their grief was too real from day one.

You're so right SS. That look you are describing on Mrs Morcombe's face - I've seen it before on a parent of a teenager that was murdered and she found his body. That glassy-eyed, distant stare - the look of someone not sure if they can go on without their child by their side. It's very very sad.

I think the evidence is going to be horrific. Not just in relation to Daniel's abduction, but also the history of some of these low life paedophiles. I wonder how much of it will be allowed to be discussed in court.

Kay McGrath ‏@KayMcGrath7 50m
"Today's a day we approach with some anxiety..." Another part of the journey begins for Bruce and Denise Morcombe. Details @7NewsBrisbane

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 36m
Brett Peter Cowan is now in the dock. Clean shaven. Daniel Morcombe murder trial about to start. #morcombe @abcnews

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 1h
Bruce and Denise Morcombe sitting in reserved section of Courtroom 4... Jury empanelling today. #morcombe @abcnews

Hopefully we have some tweeters at #morcombe trial. and #danielmorcombe. I'll have to stop soon.

Leonie Mellor ‏@leoniemellor 19m
Brett Peter Cowan pleads not guilty on three charges - murder, indecent treatment of child, interfering with corpse. #morcombe @abcne

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 15m
The jury is being selected now. They'll all be questioned on their knowledge of the case. #DanielMorcombe

APN Newsdesk ‏@APNNewsdesk 20m
Cowan also arraigned under his other name - Shadow Nunya Hunter. #court #qld #dmf #danielmorcombe

APN Newsdesk ‏@APNNewsdesk 42m
Jury selection away. First two picked. But could change as process goes on. Hundreds of jurors available #court #qld #dmf #danielmorcombe

I must move off now, shall leave twitter open.

Retrospective posts throughout the day:

Alyse Edwards ‏@Alyse_Edwards 1h
#morcombe trial adjourned and will reconvene tomorrow @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1h
Justice Atkinson warned jury not to conduct their own investigations and ignore media coverage of the trial. #morcombe @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1h
Justice Atkinson tells jury trial won't sit on Fridays. Opening addresses to begin tomorrow @9NewsBrisbane #morcombe

Supreme Court hears #morcombe trial will run for about six weeks. There will be no sittings on Friday's.

Justice tells #morcombe jury "It's fundamental for a fair trial...You act only on the evidence you hear in this court"

ABC News ‏@abcnews 9h
The long-awaited trial of the man accused of murdering Qld teenager #Daniel #Morcombe begins in Brisbane today. http://ab.co/1efiK1S

TEN News Queensland ‏@tennewsqld 3h
A jury of 12 + 3 reserves have been empaneled in the trial of Brett Peter #Cowan, accused of murdering #Daniel #Morcombe in 2003.

Justice addresses jury in Daniel Morcombe murder trial

Brett Peter Cowan, 44, is charged with one count each of murder, indecently dealing with a child under the age of 16 and unlawfully dealing with a corpse.

He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Under grey skies, Bruce and Denise Morcombe, Daniel's twin Bradley and older brother Dean walked into Brisbane Supreme Court on Monday, with Bruce pausing to thank supporters.

"Ten years, two months and three days we find ourselves here, so it's been a long grind," he said.

"But we certainly thank the media, police, the SES and the community for getting us to this point and we'll see what the next few weeks unfold."

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...urder-trial-20140210-32cko.html#ixzz2suCQT6vv

Thinking of Daniel, Bruce & Denise Morcombe, family & friends....

1euesm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member