Lloyd Welch is Person of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder how long Helen Craver was his girlfriend for?

Interesting how closely this Welch character resembles the sketch in the press release.

I am puzzled as to why this is the first time in 39 years that Montgomery County Police have released the sketch to the public.

The only sketch ever released in the past was the sketch of the Tape Recorder Man. It was released on 1 April 1975 and a few days later slightly modified and re-released. It is NOT the one in the above link.

Wow.. That is close.. But I wonder why the kids that were witnesses said he was 50 ish..

I hope it is him and I hope they can get something on him on what he did to the girls and where they are.

I've attached the pdf info package from Mont. Co. Police press conference

Attachments

• Info-Packet-Lyon.pdf
    389.3 KB · Views: 48
Wow.. That is close.. But I wonder why the kids that were witnesses said he was 50 ish..

I hope it is him and I hope they can get something on him on what he did to the girls and where they are.

I think the witnesses who talked about a 50 year old man were talking about the tape recorder man... who is *NOT* the man in this sketch. This sketch says that they believe the person to be late teens/early twenties, which must have come from the people who helped provide the sketch. This age range fits with Welch's age at the time (18).

She died with the last name of Welch in 2009

ETA: It actually says AKA.. Not that she was married to him..

JFYI

There is a Helen Jean Carver born in 1954 who died in 2010 in Ohio. This appears to be the only Helen Craver within the age range who has died. Question is--did they get married? Her "other" known name is Helen Welch.
And how and when she died?

Interesting how closely this Welch character resembles the sketch in the press release.

I am puzzled as to why this is the first time in 39 years that Montgomery County Police have released the sketch to the public.

I also wonder why they never released this sketch before. I wonder if they had lots of similar sketches in the file and, convinced the tape recorder man was the most likely to be relevant, didn't want to confuse the public? And then when the cold case squad took over the file and was going through people arrested in the area (re: the burglary) or SOs convicted of raping young girls nearby (re: his other priors), they noticed the resemblance to this particular sketch and followed up?

I think of 6yo Morgan Nick who went missing in Arkansas. She was attending the game with her mother and had joined some friends to catch lightning bugs. Morgan was last seen standing near her mother’s car where she had stopped to empty sand from her shoes.

Theres a composite sketch of subject.

http://www.morgannickfoundation.com/about/morgans-story/

snip from Richard's most awesome case summary:

On Monday 7 April 1975, at 7:30 AM, a witness in Manassas, Virginia reported that he saw two young girls bound and gagged in the back of a beige 1968 Ford station wagon. This sighting was at the corner of Grant and Center Streets in Manassas. When the driver of the car (a man who the witness said resembled the composite sketch of the suspect) saw that he was being followed and watched, he accelerated, ran a red light, and drove west on route 234 toward Interstate 66. It was reported that the vehicle had Maryland plates, possibly with the following letter/number combination: DMT-6**. The last two numbers could not be seen because the plate was bent. That combination of letters had been issued in Cumberland, Hagerstown and Baltimore, Maryland. A search for all possible combinations of those plate numbers failed to produce any information.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Case Summary

I wish they had given the name of the carnival company and the years Lloyd and Helen worked with the carnival.

Also, I think we should definitely include any cases in North Carolina.

I wish they had given the name of the carnival company and the years Lloyd and Helen worked with the carnival.

Also, I think we should definitely include any cases in North Carolina.

Just curious why it matters? He didn't abduct the girls at the fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288