GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Guy is right. I think Dunn has been running from reality since that night.

I've wondered if he was drunk.
Not that it matters...it doesn't IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 2m
Now come the jury instructions. Judge Healey says they will probably take about 30 minutes. - #MichaelDunn trial

FYI Guy, they weren't "kids", "boys", "lads" but young adults. Davis was 2 months away from being 18. The driver of the car was 20 and on probation for a 3rd degree felony. Like Dunn, they also left the scene.
Guy is playing around in Court again with another dummy. Does he not learn?

Respectfully, they are kids. They drove out of the Gate parking lot to get away from the man shooting at them. They drove into the adjacent parking lot, in the middle of the lane, saw Jordan was hurt, and returned to the Gate for help. What do you think they should have done?

I thought Mr. Guy was respectful, engaging and showed proper outrage with Dunn and his actions. Whether you agree or not, the States Attorneys stood up for those 4 kids, their families and their friends. He gave their pain and outrage a voice. JMO

As an aside during lunch break ... Hate missing out with live streaming on computer for this ..now 3g on phone . Internet is down and was without electricity for just a short time . Atlanta and ice issues impacting viewing of closing .

Thinking of CarolinaMoon who said she was going out. Xoxoxoxo

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

And I'm back, safe and sound and not a snowflake to be seen yet. Now, it's going to start at around 6 PM and snow/rain/sleet for 24 hours with a bit more possible Friday.

No fancy radio and I just "upgraded" to a flip phone that can actually take pictures!

I listened to the end of Guy's closing and am reading here now. Great job all of you! I'll know what to listen for when I watch it later.

Instructions, and then on to VERDICT WATCH!

I am 45 years old, and I would hightail it out of a parking lot if some lunatic was shooting bullets into my car!

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 58s
Jury can choose - 1st deg. murder, 2nd deg., manslaughter or not guilty (justifiable / excusable homicides not crimes) - #MichaelDunn trial

And I'm back, safe and sound and not a snowflake to be seen yet. Now, it's going to start at around 6 PM and snow/rain/sleet for 24 hours with a bit more possible Friday.

No fancy radio and I just "upgraded" to a flip phone that can actually take pictures!

I listened to the end of Guy's closing and am reading here now. Great job all of you! I'll know what to listen for when I watch it later.

Instructions, and then on to VERDICT WATCH!

Guy's rebuttal was great. It was, dare I say it, even better than Juan's rebuttal closing.

This is what you got out of the speech?

It doesn't matter what you call them, Michael Dunn is not allowed to murder young adults either. Or old adults. Or senior citizens. Or doddering old fools.

And it doesn't matter what our perceptions are, in a court of law anyone under the age of 18 years old is considered a child so referring to them as boys or kids is exactly what most of them were. Guy calling them boys covered them all, including the 20 year old. jmo

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 1m
Jurors must also decide if #MichaelDunn committed 3 counts of attempted murder and shooting into an occupied vehicle. All separate charges

I've wondered if he was drunk.
Not that it matters...it doesn't IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect he was over the legal limit. His "one drink" grew to "three or four drinks" when the GF was interviewed. I usually double that amount, because folks tend to half what they actually drank when it's an issue. I think the alcohol in his system emboldened him to pull that gun. I also think it was a big reason he fled the scene and didn't call the police.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 16s
Healey: 1st deg murder includes premeditation. 2nd is an act performed w/o regard for life. #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

I suspect he was over the legal limit. His "one drink" grew to "three or four drinks" when the GF was interviewed. I usually double that amount, because folks tend to half what they actually drank when it's an issue. I think the alcohol in his system emboldened him to pull that gun. I also think it was a big reason he fled the scene and didn't call the police.

It could also be the reason he continued to drink at his hotel. He could explain having alcohol in his system if they came to arrest him. JMO.

I am 45 years old, and I would hightail it out of a parking lot if some lunatic was shooting bullets into my car!

A lot of us would hightail it out of the parking lot if some lunatic was shooting bullets at someone else's car! Or if we just heard shots being fired, period. No one in the Durango did anything wrong.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Remember, jury must first decide "not guilty" on 1st deg before considering 2nd deg or manslaughter by act, acc to instructions #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 6m
Acc to jury instruction, "premeditation" (1st deg) has to be enough time for "reflection" on the act, but no specific timeframe #DunnTrial

Dang..........................a large pine tree limb just slammed down on my roof over my bedroom. There are limbs down all over my yard, pine trees are bending over with ice. Lost power for just a few a little while ago. I will probably lose power just as verdict comes in.

FYI Guy, they weren't "kids", "boys", "lads" but young adults. Davis was 2 months away from being 18. The driver of the car was 20 and on probation for a 3rd degree felony. Like Dunn, they also left the scene.
Guy is playing around in Court again with another dummy. Does he not learn?

Didn't the defendant also refer to them as kids when he was interviewed by LE?

Agree with you 100%. I have been waiting for someone in-the-know to express that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj