GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if rhonda will do the talk show circuit after the verdict,,,doubt he is calling her "the love of my life" tonight.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom · 3m
Trial spox confirms that even though courthouse is closed for the day, deliberations are ongoing for undetermined time frame #DunnTrial

I hope that means they will find him guilty of murder tonight!! This can't possibly take them long.

If Florida gets it wrong again... ugh!

Not having lots of faith in this Florida jury... Hope they prove me wrong & come back with 1st degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, I admit I'm a cynic but I would not mind being pleasantly surprised about this jury.

The full jury has been selected there are four alternates. The breakdown on the jury is this;

4 White Males
4 White Females
2 AA Females
1 Hispanic Male
1 Asian Female

The two AA women and the Hispanic male, I think, will be staunchly for murder 1. JMO

I'm doubtful about the murder 1 - I think he was so outraged about a young man turning up the music in HIS space that he thought "I'll teach him a lesson" - and that was it. If he had not had a gun the likely outcome would have been using something - anything (tools in car perhaps) to smash the back windows of the car or belt the roof of the car or whatever.

Standing your ground about loud music - when it is imminent that you are leaving - is old fart privilege of the worst possible kind. I think murder but not 1st degree.

From the get go.......anyone with a CCW KNOWS that if you fire your weapon in a public place/within city limits, you have to notify LE.

This gives LE the knowledge that a shot(s) was fired in a specific area and if they get swamped with 911 calls, they don't send multiple officers to the area. They can also relay to the 911 dispatchers that the situation has been reported.

Don't "thugs" do the EXACT thing that MD did? Fire off a bunch of rounds, go back to the "crib" and down a few with a pizza? Oh, and wait for the "other thugs" to hunt them down but leave his gun in his vehicle where no doubt the "other thugs" will bust out the windows, take anything of value, and the gun? Between drinks and pizza, take his vicious attack dog out to take a "potty break" while his hysterical GF is sweating bullets that the police are going to show up?!?!?!?!?!:scared:

Where EXACTLY should the teens have gone after their vehicle was all shot up? They pulled away to get away from the shooter.....maybe drive to the local hospital? The Police station? Or maybe just go back to the well lit, heavily populated scene of the crime where the witnesses are? If Jordan hadn't been shot, wouldn't it have been the place to go so they could get a report, if for nothing more than insurance reasons? At anytime, did the driver seem more worried about his curfew than his dying friend?

Here's a fun exercise: Let's pretend all parties were white, or black......what the heck, PURPLE. :facepalm:

Wonder if MD has a " Life" t-shirt on underneath those court clothes........

Everything MD did was WRONG, unacceptable, illegal, loose your turn, go to jail.:banghead:

NO ONE SAW A GUN EXCEPT MD! Does anyone else think that something just ain't right about that?

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
FULL STORY: Jury deliberating #MichaelDunn's future, here's what you need to know from closing arguments: http://bit.ly/1djERso #DunnTrial

I hope that means they will find him guilty of murder tonight!! This can't possibly take them long.

BBM
This is my issue right here. I have no confidence or faith in Florida jurors. I apologise to those who live in Florida!!

I haven't been following this at all so from the prospective of someone with no knowledge of the case but I did see Dunn's testimony. My impression/questions:
1. How long was the line in the gas station store? The girlfriend seemed to be taking forever.
2. I felt like something was missing from his story; his deteriorated hearing was mentioned but his own words made me think he had super hearing.
3. Hey stupid, call the police. I don't understand why he felt he didn't have to.
4. I have no understanding of guns but the whole firing at the car because he felt his girlfriend was now in danger because the victim's car was further away; that sounded fishy.

He seemed to be guilty of something but, like I said, I am clueless about this case

You can find almost gavel to gavel coverage of the trial here. It has all the witness' now. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyf5vDg8ngPjHlo9l29Dwqw/videos

These couple of interviews with neighbors/former neighbors of MD's are really interesting and seriously put into perspective why the only ones to testify for him were friends of his parents, not his own friends. Except for that one guy who only saw him every now and then. The first couple of minutes of the first recording said exactly what I was thinking just watching his testimony and police interview. Encourage others to listen to this too.

http://courtsandsportsradio.com/2013/10/17/michael-dunns-neighbor-talks-about-michael-dunn/

Holy Canoli! The dude's been married three times and now has found the "love of his life"? I thought his "fiance" seemed very afraid of him. This may shed light on why. Too bad the cops couldn't get the ex-wives to come and testify in rebuttal about MD pulling his gun on them.

I thought the neighbor, Ken Whatshisname, was a cop but Guy said he's from the Department of Agriculture.

Not calling someone in the Department of Agriculture is almost as good as alerting the police. :waitasec:

Yes that was such a joke he had nothing to do with local law enforcement...he was out of DCA...Dunn really had nothing

So Dinner is done here and I am on to chocolate chip cookies. I tend to cook like mad in Verdict watch..
Thank goodness I will most likely be shoveling snow tomorrow to burn it all off.. :)

Come on Jury! Please get this right!

Answers in red!

Thank you for filling in the blanks, I really appreciate it.

So it sounds like it took longer for him to describe it than in real time.

With that in mind perhaps moving the vehicle directly in front of the entrance so the gf can just step out into the car would have been more logical than grabbing your gun.

On another note I'm getting pretty sick of the exploitation of certain trials for cable news ratings; it's really getting out of control.

no black men on the jury is interesting. Doesn't matter, just interesting. Wonder if they (if any were called) were stricken by the defense. Imagine so.

Hoping to come in to a GUILTY verdict in the morning! Thanks to all for the coverage updates and the insights (silly and serious) shared here.

no black men on the jury is interesting. Doesn't matter, just interesting. Wonder if they (if any were called) were stricken by the defense. Imagine so.

Hoping to come in to a GUILTY verdict in the morning! Thanks to all for the coverage updates and the insights (silly and serious) shared here.

I actually noticed that all but one if the minorities on the jury was a female. The only male was a Hispanic man.

I'm doubtful about the murder 1 - I think he was so outraged about a young man turning up the music in HIS space that he thought "I'll teach him a lesson" - and that was it. If he had not had a gun the likely outcome would have been using something - anything (tools in car perhaps) to smash the back windows of the car or belt the roof of the car or whatever.

Standing your ground about loud music - when it is imminent that you are leaving - is old fart privilege of the worst possible kind. I think murder but not 1st degree.

I disagree. I think it could be considered murder 1, because at any point, he could have stopped. It doesn't matter how long ahead of the shooting he planned to shoot the kid for it to be considered premeditated, right? Even if he thought, "I'm going to shoot him and teach him a lesson!" a split second before he started. He didn't accidentally shot this kid, it was an intentional act due to a situation that he brought upon himself. He could have stopped when he reached for his gun, when he took it out of his glovebox, when he had it locked and loaded, when he aimed, and any time after each of the first 9 shots. He didn't though; he decided to kill this person and he did. Even when the kids drove away, he ran a few feet away behind his car and continued firing at them.

There was no danger to him, except that maybe his undies would become permanently bunched.

I think that's a good way to undermine the verdict before it even comes down. If he is found guilty you can't simply chalk it up to the black mothers on the jury (one of the black women is childless, btw, don't know which one). There's plenty of evidence in this case, and a man was nodding along with Guy earlier. I guess it's easier to feel an outcome was made on emotion alone. I see this a lot in general elections.

Also, why the black mothers? Why not the other mothers on the jury? Or the fathers?

i am certainly not trying to undermine anything. I am just saying that these two jurors will likely relate sympathetically to the victim and his family because of their experiences out in the world. And that's all. Nothing nefarious in my comment.

I never said anything about a verdict based upon emotion alone. I just said they would likely relate to this victim's experience. It does not mean the defendant is not guilty.

I thought this forum thread was set up so we could discuss the verdict and the jury? That is what I was doing. I was speculating on the jury make up. don't think I was out of line and don't appreciate being accused of undermining the verdict or any of the other implications.

If this comes back NG I'll invest in a Florida store that sells white pancake makeup and teaches people how to act like stick up the :butthead: white people.

i am certainly not trying to undermine anything. I am just saying that these two jurors will likely relate sympathetically to the victim and his family because of their experiences out in the world. And that's all. Nothing nefarious in my comment.

I never said anything about a verdict based upon emotion alone. I just said they would likely relate to this victim's experience. It does not mean the defendant is not guilty.

I thought this forum thread was set up so we could discuss the verdict and the jury? That is what I was doing. I was speculating on the jury make up. don't think I was out of line and don't appreciate being accused of undermining the verdict or any of the other implications.

That's all I was doing too. You posted something I responded. That's a discussion. I don't think I was out of line either. I'm not accusing you of a thing, I just think it's a bit presumptuous to think the black mothers would be more apt to sympathize with the boy than anyone else with children.

Nothing nefarious.

Holy Canoli! The dude's been married three times and now has found the "love of his life"? I thought his "fiance" seemed very afraid of him. This may shed light on why. Too bad the cops couldn't get the ex-wives to come and testify in rebuttal about MD pulling his gun on them.

RR had a right to be afraid. In copies of MD's letters from prison to RR it appears he is trying to "go over" her accountings of what happened. Even though the main portion of the letter is redacted you can tell what he is trying to do by the way he leads into it. Then she has the DA's office pressuring her to keep to the truth of her statement. RR was also watching the first day of the trial when someone from the DA's office called her to tell her not to watch the TV. So she was quite aware of what the State's case was and what the witnesses were testifying to on that first day. jmo

If this comes back NG I'll invest in a Florida store that sells white pancake makeup and teaches people how to act like stick up the :butthead: white people.

LOL. The rest of us could just get saws and cut Florida off the rest of the continent. Anyone good and decent should probably start packing and leave just in case!

I actually do worry about how people in the community will react if this is a NG verdict. I can't imagine anyone will be pleased with that outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member