GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think he's an Agriculture cop, technically. MD has a way of stretching the truth.

If he's found guilty he'd better hope there's no internet access that would allow any other prisoners to read his letters from jail!!! :scared::floorlaugh:

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Agricultural-Law-Enforcement

Bureau of Investigations: "The bureau responsibilities include the enforcement of criminal and civil violations occurring on Department properties, or any crimes involving agriculture such as farms or farm equipment, animals, livestock, poultry, and any crimes involving horticulture, aquaculture, or citrus products.
The bureau is responsible for enforcement of laws governing consumer issues including illegal Telemarketing Operations, Sale of Business Opportunities, Solicitations of Contributions, Sellers of Travel, Motor Vehicle Repair Fraud, Health studios, Dance Studios, Pawnshops, and Moving & Storage companies."

Yep, sure sounds like MD's friend could give him sound advice on a murder investigation :floorlaugh:

If the Jury follows the law there is no way to convict him. The State didn't prove premeditation. The defense clearly made the point that he was intimidated and threatened. Florida State law makes it clear the if you threaten bodily harm and faint action to make that person believe you are going to take action, use of deadly force is justified!

Like I said from the beginning this had little to do with loud music and everything to do with threats and intimidation.

Maybe, hopefully this will be a wake up call to every young person that being polite will get you a lot farther in live then being belligerent!

Yes there is, No one threatened him. He started the issue, He shot at a car full of kids that was right next to his car. when they were retreating he continued to shoot at them.

There is no self defense here. None. The law is clear, You have to be in fear for bodily harm/life. He was not. Not in the least. He was in his car, sitting there and picked a fight.

JMO

If the Jury follows the law there is no way to convict him. The State didn't prove premeditation. The defense clearly made the point that he was intimidated and threatened. Florida State law makes it clear the if you threaten bodily harm and faint action to make that person believe you are going to take action, use of deadly force is justified!

Like I said from the beginning this had little to do with loud music and everything to do with threats and intimidation.

Maybe, hopefully this will be a wake up call to every young person that being polite will get you a lot farther in live then being belligerent!

I respect your opinion and understand how you reached it, though I don't agree. However, all it will take is the 12 members of the jury to share your views and Dunn will be free...scary thought IMO.

Believing that Jordan threatened and intimidated Michael hinges on nothing more than his word. Not one other person heard Jordan threaten him, nor get out of his car. Dunn has every reason to lie and his story is not consistent. He was plain shown to be lying during Rouer's testimony. He started the altercation then kept it going when he thought he heard the teens talking about him/swearing. No evidence of a shot gun either, other than his word.

Premeditation happens in a split second. When he grabbed his gun and began firing, that was premeditation. He aimed right at Jordan and continued to do so even after they were pulling away. He got out of his car and took a police stance and continued firing. He was very much in control of his actions and knew if he hit the boy he could kill him.

There are too many assumptions being made.

I just heard on good old HLN ...they had the Davis family attorney who apparently has already settled a civil suit with MD and he had to do lots of research and digging on MD and he says he knows "alot" about him that would indicate that his behavior that night was not unusual. He cannot say anything. I want to know...

These couple of interviews with neighbors/former neighbors of MD's are really interesting and seriously put into perspective why the only ones to testify for him were friends of his parents, not his own friends. Except for that one guy who only saw him every now and then. The first couple of minutes of the first recording said exactly what I was thinking just watching his testimony and police interview. Encourage others to listen to this too.

http://courtsandsportsradio.com/2013/10/17/michael-dunns-neighbor-talks-about-michael-dunn/

At his age, (or any age?) it's a RED FLAG :moo: when a man (especially one who is married) says that he doesn't have any *best male buddies* that are long term. EVEN MORE OF A HUGE red flag, :moo::moo::moo: if he has NO male friends :seeya:

Only if the jury believes the defendant since he is the only person who felt threatened or saw a weapon.

IMHO, he has a severe credibility problem.

Popsicle, You have been posting throughout this trial. Are you now on call? Will you get any sleep?:loveyou:

hahaha, I am too excited about the foot of snow we are getting so likely not much sleep.

That case has piqued my interest, especially in regards to stand your ground. If you watch the video of the incident, the victim was very aggressive with the shooter. At one point it looked like he hit him in the face, though it's grainy and dark. I am not at all justifying what he did and I'm sad that he was killed, but I wonder to myself what would happen in that case if the man was black and pushing around an old man? What sort of names would people think to call him? How much more support would he have?

I watched the Curtis Reeves hearing and it was way more than a bond hearing...it was a mini trial. That one does not have the black and white issue but Reeves is all over the self defense and is an retired cop. From what I could see in the video the victim grabbed his popcorn and threw it at him and Reeves had that gun out so fast that he had to have gone out when he said he went to the manager he came back quickly and boom it was so fast. He appointed himself the phone police in this theater...not the first time he confronted anyone. The whole theater was empty and he had to pursue it with the victim. I think this self defense/stand your ground has empowered way too many gun toting people in Florida.

Just listening to Dunn's account, it's not ringing true.

He says he heard Jordan threatening to kill him and asked if he was talking to him. Dunn says Jordan said, yes I'm going to kill you. Then he saw a shotgun. Then Jordan makes a move to get out of the car and goes, "this s*** is going down!"

Okay, normally when people decide to kill you, they just do it, if they're serious. Then, as I've said before all this threatening with a shotgun in his hand and Dun still had time to reach over, open glove compartment, grab his gun, unholster it, turn off safety, *advertiser censored* it and fire? He was coming at him and Jordan still couldn't get a shot in? He was so angry and murderous that even as he was being fired at he didn't shoot back or a fire a shot off?

I mean, come on. How can people believe this?

Believing that Jordan threatened and intimidated Michael hinges on nothing more than his word. Not one other person heard Jordan threaten him, nor get out of his car. Dunn has every reason to lie and his story is not consistent. He was plain shown to be lying during Rouer's testimony. He started the altercation then kept it going when he thought he heard the teens talking about him/swearing. No evidence of a shot gun either, other than his word.

Premeditation happens in a split second. When he grabbed his gun and began firing, that was premeditation. He aimed right at Jordan and continued to do so even after they were pulling away. He got out of his car and took a police stance and continued firing. He was very much in control of his actions and knew if he hit the boy he could kill him.

There are too many assumptions being made.

He had to consciously decide that this "" wasn't going to talk to him that way, reach about three feet, open the glove box, take pistol out, take holster off, take safety off, put round in chamber (*advertiser censored* it), take aim and continuously pull the trigger (6 1/2 lb of pressure) to fire ten rounds, the last rounds fired after leaving his vehicle, taking firing stance, holding pistol with both hands, knees bent, aim and continue firing into leaving vehicle. I think that constitutes Premeditation.

I watched the Curtis Reeves hearing and it was way more than a bond hearing...it was a mini trial. That one does not have the black and white issue but Reeves is all over the self defense and is an retired cop. From what I could see in the video the victim grabbed his popcorn and threw it at him and Reeves had that gun out so fast that he had to have gone out when he said he went to the manager he came back quickly and boom it was so fast. He appointed himself the phone police in this theater...not the first time he confronted anyone. The whole theater was empty and he had to pursue it with the victim. I think this self defense/stand your ground has empowered way too many gun toting people in Florida.

If you watch the video closely, it looks like he takes his gun out of his pocket before any popcorn is thrown. At least in my opinion.

FL is really a wonderful place to be. It sunny (most of the time) its warm most of the time. So please don't saw us off.

True... I was texting with a friend in Florida last week, living vicariously through her while she was at the beach and I was suffering my 4th day of -5 degree temps thanks to the horrid windchill!!!

Ok, I won't saw you guys off! Florida is probably my only chance for a free beach vacation now that I'm going to be paying off my grad school loans!!!

BUT.........only the dead victim and the shooter heard or said the "threats". Quite the conundrum.:scared:
No one saw the "gun" except MD.
MD even questioned his account, from a gun to a stick, while being interrogated by LE.
MD pulled the trigger 10 times, 7 times more than needed, if he was just protecting himself...or the "love of his life" :facepalm:

This all started because MD got his panties in a bunch over loud music. He would have probably sat in his vehicle for no more than 5 minutes, endured the noise (was there any noise ordinance that was being broken?), and been off to his motel with his jug of wine, chips, GF, and the rum and cokes waiting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member