Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're as fine as can be expected," Mrs Dickie said yesterday.

"I'm surrounded with all my family here. We're actually trying to organise the funeral.

"(Husband) Gerard gave permission to us to arrange the funeral in co-operation with him."

It's understood that Mr Baden-Clay, who reported his wife missing the morning after she reportedly took a late-night walk and didn't return, spent the long weekend at Tallebudgera on the Gold Coast with friends and his three daughters, who are still coming to terms with their mother's death.

The trip was part of an annual gathering that the late Mrs Baden-Clay had joined in previous years.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/all...church-on-friday/story-e6frg12c-1226349239865

Thanks Amee and Waiting For Justice. So Allison had been found. Shame they couldn't have have an ounce of respect and waited until after her funeral or heaven forbid cancelled the all important yearly family gathering....

Thank you for the Welcome MM. I have been with you all since the very first thread.....just quietly lurking! Thought it was about time I put my head up!

Yep! They did go away. Now I might be getting mixed up (it has been a loooong time sent I went back over the details from the beginning) but didn't TMH go as well? Or was that another time she went.

I remember hearing that TMH went on this trip also. But not sure if it was true or just rumour. But guess GBC would have needed someone to tie his shoe laces.

I am genuinely curious. Does anyone know if the Dickie family were actively involved in the search? I know they maintained a vigil at the command post. I've never heard it reported or read (in the MSM) that they were involved in the search.

I am genuinely curious - why did GBC's parents assist GBC in covertly contacting TMH.
Quote from bail docs
Lawfully intercepted telephone calls on one of the defendants phone lines supports that the defendant used his parents to assist him in covertly contacting TMH on his behalf.

I remember hearing that TMH went on this trip also. But not sure if it was true or just rumour. But guess GBC would have needed someone to tie his shoe laces.

Surely if it were true TMH would have mentioned it in her 4th statement on May 26th/June 2nd re what contact she'd had with GBC in the previous weeks.

On another note, I'm intrigued (and very sad) with all the details that are coming to light in the Morcombe case. So I'm looking forward to June with great hope and anticipation that the same thing will happen for the BC case and we'll know a lot more.

I am genuinely curious. Does anyone know if the Dickie family were actively involved in the search? I know they maintained a vigil at the command post. I've never heard it reported or read (in the MSM) that they were involved in the search.

Lycheefarmer Who searched and how the search was conducted is not really the point.
Simply put Why? did the BC family not maintain a vigil or at the very least pop in daily to the command post.
IMO your argument is futile.

"I'm trying to look after my children at the moment, we've got three young girls," he said.
"We really trust that the police are doing everything they can to find my wife.
"I've tried to help the police as much as I can."
It was the last time he would speak to a reporter until weeks later when he told The Courier-Mail his real estate business was still thriving.

Speculation mounted that the business was struggling.

It was this - not his wife's murder - that would see Baden-Clay finally break his silence.

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail.
"I've had people calling up thinking we're closed but that's not the case."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/no...alking-to-others/story-e6frf7jo-1226395031444

:maddening:

Lycheefarmer Who searched and how the search was conducted is not really the point.
Simply put Why? did the BC family not maintain a vigil or at the very least pop in daily to the command post.
IMO your argument is futile.

Seems to be very much the point for some posters. My point is that I have heard nothing about any member of the immediate or extended Dickie family searching (and make no judgement about that) but the other family seem to be judged so harshly for taking the same approach but maintaining a more private vigil. After all the senior BCs are about the same age as Mr and Mrs Dickie judging from photos of them. Does anybody know for certain that the BCs did not attend the Command Post? <modsnip> People respond to grief in different ways and I would hate to live in a society where people forced me to grieve in public or the way everybody else thought they should.

I've misplaced the bail doc & statement but I was unfortunate enough to re-read TMcH police statements & No. 4 shows what a **** she is!! The pushing and backhanded comments made me sick. To say she's stayed Allison's house when she & the girls were away and then on to say her house was dull & depressing. Grrrr yeah! GBC should have been helping looking after it, instead SHE was slithering around and demanding.
TMcH should be incarcerated as being a motivating factor in Allison's death.

She was like a seagull in the background pecking, pecking and screaming mine, mine, mine.
Bloody horrible creature! IMO

Seems to be very much the point for some posters. My point is that I have heard nothing about any member of the immediate or extended Dickie family searching (and make no judgement about that) but the other family seem to be judged so harshly for taking the same approach but maintaining a more private vigil. After all the senior BCs are about the same age as Mr and Mrs Dickie judging from photos of them. Does anybody know for certain that the BCs did not attend the Command Post? <modsnip> People respond to grief in different ways and I would hate to live in a society where people forced me to grieve in public or the way everybody else thought they should.
lycheefarmer, It sounds you are a local with some knowledge and I appreciate your input to this site as it genuinely throws some left field balls. We are not here to put you down (& visa verse) at all but to discuss and 'chew the fat' together. If you have some insider knowledge that we don't know about please keep it coming. If you know that the BC clan were there searching we'd like to know these things for sure. Do you know any of the BC's? We are always open to healthy constructive debate. Welcome back :seeya:

Would you be meaning lycheefarmer ....If the BCs assumed the stance .... yes well, Gerard is innocent; we all are.

...... Could it have been that they, somehow believing in their own heart of hearts that none of the BCs had anything to do with Allison's death/murder, just needed to continue 'business as usual';

Just looking at how the following was handled:-

..... a missing person report was made;

..... apart from NBC and EBC giving the Police statements which have not been able to be revealed to anyone else (most certainly wouldn't have contained anything to incriminate GBC or themselves);

..... told the Media about the depression from which Allison had suffered;

..... in early stages, looked like they they were trying to convey that they hoped that Allison would just return;

..... a number of friends and acquaintances visiting the home to offer support;

..... had to just get on with life and with all of the family in the BC residence;

..... Olivia telling the Media that they just wanted their lives to get back to 'normal'; (IMO not a very mature statement to make... under the reality of the circumstances);

All this ............ with the drama of a Command Post diagonally across the road from the GBC home (which had been declared a crime scene) and Media reporters camped outside their home.

DRAMA ! ........ well, Allison was missing for 10 days (while the hunt was on to find her); before her body was discovered 14 kms away under the Kholo bridge...... out of range of her mobile phone triangulation;

Then we find out:
..... (sosocurious: Quote from bail docs) - Lawfully intercepted telephone calls on one of the defendants phone lines supports that the defendant used his parents to assist him in covertly contacting TMH on his behalf.

The Detectives found quite a bit of evidence, and much was presented at the two attempts for Bail for GBC.
GBC was committed for Trial, following the Magistrate having heard evidence put forward.

You say lycheefarmer, ".........maybe they're just an innocent family doing the best they can in horrendous circumstances" ....... I think maybe you are trying to say that it is not fair to be critical of the BC family and make assumptions that they may have withheld some information from the Police; Olivia said &#8216;&#8216;One day the truth will be revealed."
I really do think that criticism of the BCs actions has to be accepted.

Mrs Baden-Clay's best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, has helped the Dickies in their ordeal and was at the search site every day. She was one of the last to have contact with Mrs Baden-Clay, texting her on the night she disappeared about her plans for the following day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/grief-for-lost-daughter/story-e6freoof-1226346302840

Come Monday, Mrs Baden-Clay's devastated family were willing to do anything to help.

They had begged to help search the dense bush surrounding her Brookfield home but were told by police to leave it to the professionals.

Her parents, siblings and extended family spent each day at the police command post.

It was the quickest way for them to get information and Det Supt Ainsworth gathered them around regularly, explaining each day's efforts.

It was on Monday that Mrs Baden-Clay's parents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, stood before media crews to beg for information on their daughter's whereabouts.

For Mrs Dickie, it was too much.

http://www.news.com.au/national/all...baden-clays-call/story-e6frfkvr-1226341287303

It is very possible that no immediate or extended family members of either family physically participated in the search.

My point was that the Dickie family and friends were at the command post each day hoping and waiting for news that Allison had been found.

Presumably they answered questions, consented to interviews and provided statements. They co operated while in the grip of one of the most tragic of situations a family can find themselves.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ve-interviews-during-effort-to-solve-death-of

Quote from article

The parents of GBC refused requests for further information and interviews during the massive effort to solve the death of Allison police claim in court documents.
NBC has provided a BRIEF statement about contact AFTER 6.30 am Friday.

The question I have is what reason would there be to refuse requests for further information and be interviewed regarding events before 6.30am Friday?

Oops Amee was typing while you were posting

Happy valentines day to all my darlings at WS

Everybody's searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone
Who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All

Happy valentines day to all my darlings at WS

Everybody's searching for a hero
People need someone to look up to
I never found anyone
Who fulfilled my needs
A lonely place to be
And so I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago
Never to walk in anyone's shadow
If I fail, if I succeed
At least I lived as I believe
No matter what they take from me
They can't take away my dignity

:blowkiss: :valentine: :blowkiss:

Love to everyone. Xxxxx
I don't know why but this is a cozy spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend