GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, confessing here. I have served on a death penalty case and I did "talk" the other jurors to see things my way. Had three holdouts but I'm stubborn and did manage to "convince" them to change their minds. I can testify that things can get pretty heated in a jury room. I have never had any patience with "stupid". One of my weaknesses.:sumo: Hope supporters of guilty verdict hold their ground and don't give up.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Protesters outside courthouse chant we want justice now and justice is a crime. #DunnTrial

Oh boy, they are not happy to spend Saturday picketing the courthouse I see. I'm glad the jury wants to work on the weekend, get this thing over with.

(BBM)
OK, confessing here. I have served on a death penalty case and I did "talk" the other jurors to see things my way. Had three holdouts but I'm stubborn and did manage to "convince" them to change their minds. I can testify that things can get pretty heated in a jury room. I have never had any patience with "stupid". One of my weaknesses.:sumo: Hope supporters of guilty verdict hold their ground and don't give up.

^This^

"being in a room by myself sucks but it's better than being in a room with those animals" Md

I played with the "code" too, lol. I think the hint has something to do with a part of computer programming and Dunn may have set up his own program that could be used to decipher the code.

Probably Isabelle.
I tried using a bunch of weird code breaks (and NO, I have zero talent in this area, just googled my way around).
I even gave my son a copy to check out, he did find the word "WRONG" right off the bat but it did not fit when trying to decode more, lol. I was so geeked when I thought he had broken it that fast!
It likely is something that would mean nothing to the case at all, but the fact that it is there and no one knows what it is drives me :nuts:

I have the First Coast News app installed -- they seem to have the quickest alerts.

Could you post that number please? I am looking on the website but can't seem to find it

Nevermind I think I found it.

Ok, here's the plan.....

As soon as the jury begins deliberations in the morning, get in the shower, run errands, get called into work, or loose your power. Then, make sure your phone is either left at home, the battery is dead, or that your toddler runs away with it.

That way we can guarantee a verdict.:floorlaugh:

:facepalm: I really need to quit getting hooked on these trials...

on the other hand, I was on a jury this past fall and we had two holdouts in deliberation, that believed the defendant was not guilty. (it was a kidnapping/assault case) After several hours one lady said that she didn't feel the defendant was innocent, buuuut...she wasn't sure they were guilty either. it took several more hours of patiently going through the evidence...bit by bit...until she and the other juror finally agreed with the majority. One odd thing the lady said afterword when we were walking out was "I just don't like to judge people". Damn. Could have slapped her but I didn't.:banghead:

on the other hand, I was on a jury this past fall and we had two holdouts in deliberation, that believed the defendant was not guilty. (it was a kidnapping/assault case) After several hours one lady said that she didn't feel the defendant was innocent, buuuut...she wasn't sure they were guilty either. it took several more hours of patiently going through the evidence...bit by bit...until she and the other juror finally agreed with the majority. One odd thing the lady said afterword when we were walking out was "I just don't like to judge people". Damn. Could have slapped her but I didn't.:banghead:

Yep, my longest holdout was a 21 yr. old hair stylist who kept saying that they did not prove them innocent. It literally took forever to convince her that he was to be considered innocent when he walked into the courtroom, he had to be proven guilty. :banghead:

First coded message I played with came out as "WRONG....", just took the 9th letter in the sequence.

2nd coded message came out "EFILLER", but I might have read the letters funny :facepalm: 7th letter of the sequence.

We need to find that couple from the Zodiac case, or their offspring (They were older in the late 60's, might not be with us any more).

Oh you're still a newbie, you don't know what "hooked" means until you need intervention!!!!!!!!

jmo "I can't wait until this jury comes back from dinner with my not guilty verdicts. I really can't wait to be home in my own bed for V-day."

"Not Guilty"? I thought you believed he was guilty.

Hey, fun fact, Debra Messing is following this trial (per Vinnie Politan's twitter).

Pauley Perrette is a trial watcher too.

Just have to mention this: Before the 1996 Olympics, a resident of New Mexico was trying to buy tickets over the phone, but the ticket seller refused her tickets because they were not allowed to sell tickets to a foreign country! The seller thought New Mexico was in Mexico. True story! :floorlaugh:

Being from Atlanta I get teased about the intelligence of Georgia folks. :)

Before I get to the BBM part, the first part would be hysterically funny if it wasn't such an indictment on our schools.

Now for the BBM part.

Being from New York I'm constantly being teased about being suave and sophisticated.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Protesters outside courthouse chant we want justice now and justice is a crime. #DunnTrial

*BBM*
If it is a crime, why do they want it?
Am I missing something, or do they need some writers?

Could you post that number please? I am looking on the website but can't seem to find it

Nevermind I think I found it.

I have the First Coast News app installed on my phone available in the play store. I think I signed up for the texts, but somehow it didn't go through cuz I'm not getting any.

HTH.

+1 :banghead:

Then why wouldn't you tell them during jury selection that you have a hard time judging people!!!

Our jury was fairly civil, but one woman needed convincing and she was crying. We all told her that if she didn't want to go with the verdict she could hold out, but she agreed with the decisions on all the charges.

*BBM*
If it is a crime, why do they want it?
Am I missing something, or do they need some writers?

:floorlaugh:

I have the First Coast News app installed on my phone available in the play store. I think I signed up for the texts, but somehow it didn't go through cuz I'm not getting any.

HTH.

:tsktsk: That's a shame, and on Valentines day too. I know how you feel. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members