GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
whether the hold outs are black or white, or what ever, as long as they keep holding out, is all i ask.

I hope they can reach a verdict -- guilty on all counts (w/at least 2nd degree on the murder charge).

My gut (or maybe wishful thinking) tells me they are split between 1st and 2nd degree.

I was just reading an article on WJXT's website and one of the comments opines that the AA jurors are holding out for guilty. I'm not surprised by the comment, but I am saddened it received only 6 down votes and 23 up votes. These are scary times we live in. IMHO.

IMO - pay no attention whatsoever to the comments under articles of that news station. I know I certainly do not. Comments by cowards, racists, and the ignorant are pretty much the norm there.

I pray for Justice for Jordan and his family. As I firmly believe, this will happen.

JMO

IMO - pay no attention whatsoever to the comments under articles of that news station. I know I certainly do not. Comments by cowards, racists, and the ignorant are pretty much the norm there.

I pray for Justice for Jordan and his family. As I firmly believe, this will happen.

JMO

I does seem WJXT attracts the most vile comments. I've noticed the local paper isn't quite as bad but that's not saying much.

Oh my gosh y'all, this is the most frustrating jury watch ever. This case seemed like such a slam dunk to me, do any of y'all think the prosecution could have done a better job? I'm pulling my hair out!!

I didn't get to see much of the trial at all. Did anyone testify about how much Dunn had to drink at the wedding? Also who orders pizza when they have a stomach ache? Don't you usually want soup or crackers and not something that sits in your stomach like a rock? My third question is if you have a riffle and someone is shooting at you wouldn't you shoot back? because if someone is shooting at you and you shoot back that is self defense.

I didn't watch all of it legalmania but I did see Dunn's beloved testify that he went to the bar four times to get a drink. As for who orders a pizza when they have a tummy ache it is NOBODY! Dude is a straight up murderer. He thought he was going to drive away into the sunset, thank goodness someone wrote down his license plate number.

Hold out for guilty on M1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does seem to be the more common theory, doesn't it? Namely, that one or more jurors will not join the others in an M2 verdict because they want an M1 verdict.

I suspect it's also very possible that it could be a holdout over guilty vs not-guilty (self-defense) -- whether it's M1 or M2. For example, it could be 10-2 M2 vs. not guilty.

If it's the former, you would hope the majority could convince the minority that an M2 (mandatory minimum 25 years) is ultimately so much better than a mistrial on the top count necessitating another trial on this count.

We can only hope there are no holdouts for not guilty on the top count.

Hi all. I don't post much, but wanted to ask a question. I remember from another case, but this was AZ, that when there were lessers included, they had to get past the 1st degree to even consider the lessers. So for the AZ case, they had to get past 1st degree and find suspect not guilty of that charge, to move onto a lesser charge, of say 2nd degree, manslaughter, etc. Do we know if that is true in Florida? Seems to me if it works the same way, they are past the murder 1 charge. No? My understanding is that juries must work from the highest charge down, then all the lessers. Is this wrong?

And I am worried, this seemed like a slam dunk for me. They are deliberating way too long for my liking.

I does seem WJXT attracts the most vile comments. I've noticed the local paper isn't quite as bad but that's not saying much.

I've been following there since before the trial started (I'm a Floridian) and yeh, there's a dynamic in Florida that even the editorial pages seem to have only vitriolic commenters that appear to have a lot of time on their hands to post their agendas. You'll note a handful of names appear over and over and over, in the particular news items with particular themes.

They seem to "camp" on controversial topics. This is also a dynamic near Daytona where I used to live. A handful of regular commenters always the first to post on a topic in a negative way, it's like their "territory" or claim to fame in their community or something... :banghead:

:coffeeup: Good morning!

This morning, I made the conscious decision to not try and figure out exactly what's going on with the jury. My intention is to read all about the possibilities here. Otherwise, I will end up in the looney bin :scared:!

I listened to the first set of calls here,

http://www.news4jax.com/news/jail-c...ased/-/475880/24492038/-/x83kftz/-/index.html

and reconsidering the love of his life's role in all of this. At least, she is smart enough to stick to her original story and avoid perjury charges, unlike her beloved Michael David.

It is also interesting to hear the continuing discussion of his first attorney, Robin.

Now that I have the cast of characters down, I think I'll start all over again and listen to the whole passel of calls end-to-end.

One thing I have to say, though, is that we don't have the entire contents of the Black Friday Letter, just some juicy and contradictory bits and pieces. The jury has the entire letter. I hope it helps in the end in untangling the mess that jury deliberations have become.

When the jury first came back with their question, I was sure it was over. Then, after dinner, it seemed that, while there were walls to break down, it sounded like they might be able to do that. Good night's sleep, a little rest away from the tension, and we might have a verdict today.

Hi all,

I too have been following this case from the other side of the pond .. and I nearly drove myself demented yesterday checking back over and over to see if a verdict was in and it wasn't. We are of course several hours ahead of the US, so I'm all out of sync timewise, and I was unable to settle all evening.

For me from this distant perspective he is 100% guilty and I can't understand what can be taking this jury so long. If I was a juror it would take me all of 30 seconds!

I think maybe I don't understand the charges/punishments properly and this isn't a straight discussion over guilt or innocence. There surely can't be anyone, who on hearing that evidence, can think for a second this man is 'innocent', and should go unpunished for taking this young man's life?

I'm hoping that it is taking the jury so long because they have various degrees of 'guilt' to consider - greater or lesser charges.

If anyone can help me out here in explaining what is on the table for this jury in terms of charges/sentencing, I would be very grateful. The threads are so huge and move so fast, it is almost impossible trying to pinpoint the information I'm after.

Thank you!

Hi all. I don't post much, but wanted to ask a question. I remember from another case, but this was AZ, that when there were lessers included, they had to get past the 1st degree to even consider the lessers. So for the AZ case, they had to get past 1st degree and find suspect not guilty of that charge, to move onto a lesser charge, of say 2nd degree, manslaughter, etc. Do we know if that is true in Florida? Seems to me if it works the same way, they are past the murder 1 charge. No? My understanding is that juries must work from the highest charge down, then all the lessers. Is this wrong?

Babe hit exactly what I have thought...the first has to be a problem with m1 or m2 because if there is any question on that being not guilty then they really can't move on to an agreement on the rest unless the rest were not guilty. I just dont think any jury would have 12 people that would agree on that.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Less than an hour before #DunnTrial jury begins deliberations again, see the dramatic end to yesterday: http://bitly.com/1g5nMke #MichaelDunn

I think this will ..go down... quickly this morning. I don't envision them taking into lunch. jmo

My manners: Morning Peeps! :gathering:

Mornin' peeps! :coffeews:

Hope they come back with a swift verdict this morning! :gavel:

:judge:

I would encourage people to listen to the phone/jail house recordings...MD was like a child in terms of his relationship to his "daddy" as he calls him in one tape and our little Rhonda certainly changes her interest level and tone even in the month span of the tapes. She is actually the smarter one diverting the talk when MD wants to go in the direction of race etc. She is not as dumb as I thought but clearly depends on him financially. They are so excited about "Corey" the saviour who has just come on the job...I mean he is a NRA guy and this is important to them. I hope we can get more of those tapes...I don't think MD is walking as the differences in the jury room would just not result in people caving to not guilty...that just could not happen.

sorry I have no manners ...good morning to all...I sort of this Popsicle is right...may be pretty quick today and no doubt in my mind they will be packed and ready to leave the hotel before they come to court. They clearly know what they will face on the outside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304