GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just awful - giving someone a pass to kill because they don't like loud music - I'm crying

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic
#MichaelDunn says if deadly force is justified against one person, NOT necessarily justified about others. - response to juror questions

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 3m
#dunntrial jurors also asking "are we determining deadly force justified for each person, each count?" Judge Healey says yes. #VerdictWatch

I am sorry, but if this question even had to be asked this jury is just a bunch of....Insert your own words, I don't need my first ban over this :steamed:

Maybe there is one holdout and they are just asking it to appease him/her...that could be it...right? right? :please:
Yeah, right :facepalm:

ETA- and OF COURSE this is happening whilst the US vs. Russia game is in OT

I hate that question...they must be considering self-defense probably regarding Jordan.

I hope they at least convict of attempted murder times three for the other kids. That's 20 years each.

Honestly, as long as he never gets out of jail, I'll be (sort of) ok.

Furious that Jordan would be passed over though.

I'm hating this.

What I believe, is that he will have to own up to what he did. He may think he escaped punishment in this life, but I guarantee you that he WILL be held to account once his life is over. And hopefully if he goes to jail, prison justice will be served, and if he (God forbid) doesn't go to jail, street justice will be served.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 21s
Healey is right now speculating what the jury question could imply, not confirmed juror intent though #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

So, do y'all think they're still hung up on that one count? It sure sounds like they're doing their best to work through that one, but are confused by the instructions.

I'd rather they hang on the one count, because it appears that they are finding him guilty for the other ones. He'll be in prison, and that's a good thing.

Just my take on it with only one cup of coffee so far.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 23s
Lawyers haggling over language healey will use with jury to answer question. #DunnTrial

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
They appeared deadlocked on one charge last night. Not clear if that's still the case. #DunnTrial

I'm not okay with it. Jordan's family deserves justice. :please:

I completely agree. I just don't want him to walk, and am nervous given the questions. Like I said I'll be furious for Jordan's family if justice isn't served for him.

What I believe, is that he will have to own up to what he did. He may think he escaped punishment in this life, but I guarantee you that he WILL be held to account once his life is over. And hopefully if he goes to jail, prison justice will be served, and if he (God forbid) doesn't go to jail, street justice will be served.

You are so right!

So, do y'all think they're still hung up on that one count? It sure sounds like they're doing their best to work through that one, but are confused by the instructions.

I'd rather they hang on the one count, because it appears that they are finding him guilty for the other ones. He'll be in prison, and that's a good thing.

Just my take on it with only one cup of coffee so far.

I am thinking they may not come back hung.

Rachel Leitão ‏@RachelLeitao 31s
.@Angela_Corey and @StrollaLaw disagreeing w/ how to answer question 3. #verdictwatch #michaeldunn

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 24s
Strolla and #MichaelDunn object to how judge wants to word last answer on justifiable force applying to each count independently #DunnTrial

The judge just indicated the interpretation we all have here. But, let's remember, folks, there could be one or 2 hold-outs and the rest of the jury may not cave.

There's a guy in California, Cameron Brown, going on his 4th? trial soon. Last 2 trials ended in hung juries because they couldn't decide on the degree of murder, not that he was guilty of murder. Ps, he's NEVER been let out on bond. Been in jail since the get-go. Google the case, it's fascinating.

48 members and 64 guests viewing this thread. Guests come on in and join us.

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 2m
Summary - Judge Healey says "self-defense & justifiable use of deadly force apply separately to each count." - #MichaelDunn verdict watch

I wish people wouldn't bash they jury. It is vital that they get it right. You can't play games with peoples lives. I give them credit for doing their due diligence.

Retweeted by Stephanie Brown
Andrew Pantazi ‏@TU_Court 59s
Jurors are dressed nice on a saturday. Each one looks exhausted. #DunnTrial
Expand

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 3m
Defense would obviously like jury to think if they believe one charge justified by self defense they all should be. #DunnTrial

I am feeling ill over this. He is so lying about a gun. And the jurors may want to believe this? This is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member