GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be they are hung on the murder charges vs. self-defense? I can't see them all agreeing to self-defense. But whoever is hung up on self-defense might feel that because JD was in the car that they have to consider all the occupants as a threat. The driver wasn't even in the car when the argument took place. I can't believe 12 people could not see MD was lying and those lies were pointed out to them by Guy. jmo

The jurors are well relaxed looking and dressed well. hmm

and i might add bags packed at hotel and ready to go. they are tying up the last bit of verdict form...ran into some legalize snag...

I'm not sure about this morning but it is close.

I'm gone after about noon today and just know i am going to miss the whole deal but i'l catch up tonight.

To me, it appears that they believe Dunn and Jordan Davis' actions warranted his death if I am hearing the implications of the jury's questions correctly as to the other counts. Therefore, justifiable homicide and Not Guilty of Murder. Hopefully this is where the jury does not agree and it will be hung. I was afraid this would happen. JMV

I don't like this MD talking back and forth with the judge definitely will come back on appeal if he's found guilty of anything. MO

He was under oath and the judge asked him a question. He was entitled to answer even though it of no use. The judge made his decision as to how to answer the question and that is why he is there. Crying the blues.....he should have thought about that before he pulled the trigger. jmo

Men such as Dunn meaning white men??

Not particularly - older men who seem to want to tell them how to behave(any race) - anywhere, anytime. Teenagers have their own views on what they think they should/should not do.

I see Dunn as deliberately parking next to them so he could tell them to turn down the music - enforcing his ideas on them. They didn't respond as he thought they should. I'm not very fond of rap music - but I would have parked my car well away from the boys.

Remember, we have access to a LOT more information than the jury does. And really, none of us were there. The jury has to go on the evidence and the testimony. Everyone agreed Jordan and the defendant were jawing with each other and dropping F bombs (though if I were a juror, I'd be concerned that the defendant lied about cursing....he said he was courteous throughout and he wasn't), and they may believe he felt threatened.

That being said, it seems clear through the questions that they do not believe he was justified in shooting at the car as it drove off.

But in all honesty, it's like the detectives said in the interrogation room, if they wanted to shoot you, they're NOT going to get out of the car to do it, they would have blasted you before you knew it was coming (paraphrased).

I feel badly for Jordan's parents, but as long as this arrogant bully is put away for decades, I think they will feel justice has been somewhat served.

IIRC the boys testified that Dunn was polite when he asked to have the music turned down. They also JD was going off and dropping F bombs but they couldn't hear everything he was saying because of the music. One also said that JD did put his hand on the door handle at one point.

This is so horrible...would they consider Leland also a threat because, according to MD, glared at MD? Still cannot figure out how MD was able to see anyone else in the car since he was sitting in the front seat and lower..how could he see Leland in the back seat?

Not particularly - older men who seem to want to tell them how to behave(any race) - anywhere, anytime. Teenagers have their own views on what they think they should/should not do.

I see Dunn as deliberately parking next to them so he could tell them to turn down the music - enforcing his ideas on them. They didn't respond as he thought they should. I'm not very fond of rap music - but I would have parked my car well away from the boys.

He also could have moved his car if he didn't like the music. So easy.

Instead, he takes a life. :notgood:

To me, it appears that they believe Dunn and Jordan Davis' actions warranted his death if I am hearing the implications of the jury's questions correctly as to the other counts. Therefore, justifiable homicide and Not Guilty of Murder. Hopefully this is where the jury does not agree and it will be hung. I was afraid this would happen. JMV

Zuri I agree and I think there is no way to look at this right now given the questions asked...other than they are buying or close to buying self defense.

I want to hear better where Controlling Dunn explains to the judge how he would like that last question answered.

dunn looks slightly happy and seemed very empowered in the courtroom...he has every reason to think they are buying his story

During the trial I remember thinking... if shown the photos of the SUV with the dowels in them and asked to guess where Jordan Davis was sitting when killed, I would have said the front passenger seat. That guy imo is lucky to be alive and unharmed.

can't you just see MD gettng away with thiis and then filing defamation suits and he and Rhonda can go traveling again

can't you just see MD gettng away with thiis and then filing defamation suits and he and Rhonda can go traveling again

He already said in his letters that he is planning numerous law suits. :facepalm: :banghead:

I'm not a fan of any music really loud, and window rattling bass is probably the worst. That being said, if I'm at a red light or something, I just deal with it because I KNOW I'm leaving soon. And really.....it's THEIR car, they can listen to whatever they want.

I think the worst, and most scary, music is that death metal. Sounds like the devil himself is singing it.

The fiance's police interview is riveting. Did the jury hear any of it?

I don't know about you all, but I have not slept well since the beginning of this trial. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this case. It is disturbing on so many levels. When Jordan Davis and Dunn engaged in their sparring of words, I doubt Jordan Davis thought Dunn would pull out a gun and shoot him.

If the verdict comes down hung or NG, fear, anger and hatred is perpetuated. I had really hoped we would be beyond this as a country by now. JMV

Does someone have a link that they can paste in here that shows the EXACT charges and lessers.

TIA

I'm not a fan of any music really loud, and window rattling bass is probably the worst. That being said, if I'm at a red light or something, I just deal with it because I KNOW I'm leaving soon. And really.....it's THEIR car, they can listen to whatever they want.

I think the worst, and most scary, music is that death metal. Sounds like the devil himself is singing it.

I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't kill anyone over it. :twocents:

I know he wrote that after this is over, he wants to sue Corey, et. al. and get a bunch of money.

The calls we are listening to are from early on in the case. I'm sure others will be trickling out for a while, especially if there is a hung jury on one or more counts. It will be interesting to see the changes in demeanor among the principals.

I wonder where Charlie is now? Still with Rhonda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood