GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about you all, but I have not slept well since the beginning of this trial. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about this case. It is disturbing on so many levels. When Jordan Davis and Dunn engaged in their sparring of words, I doubt Jordan Davis thought Dunn would pull out a gun and shoot him.

If the verdict comes down hung or NG, fear, anger and hatred is perpetuated. I had really hoped we would be beyond this as a country by now. JMV

I don't sleep well normally, and now I sleep even worse. I'm lucky if I can get 2-3 hours/night now. As a Floridian, a Mom and a person who has been impacted personally by unnecessary gun deaths, I am a staunch advocate for stricter gun laws. If MD is found NG or there is a hung jury, I'm gonna lose it. Seriously, I may have to move my family from FL.

Done with rant.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 1m
there are demonstrators starting to gather here. We'll see what happens.

I'm just sick... If the jury lets him off....

basically, anyone, anywhere, can shoot anyone and just say "I thought I saw a gun," and not face justice.

"Officer, I killed my spouse (who is about to leave me for someone else) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my husband (who just took out a million dollar life insurance policy) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my mistress (who is pregnant and threatening to tell my wife) because I thought I saw a gun."

UGH! I may never stop throwing up.

Let's hope this jury doesn't go there.

If Dunn testified that he was certain that a shotgun was pointed at him and he could describe what it looked like, then it would at least show why he thought that's what happened.

He didn't testify to that. He wasn't sure what he saw. I don't feel that he was justified in using his gun from reading his own testimony.

I'd be willing to bet you wouldn't kill anyone over it. :twocents:

I think the only time I could kill someone, would be if they were actively trying to kill myself, my husband, my elderly mom (or any other family member), or attempting to kill or seriously maim an elderly person or child.

I would intervene if someone were getting just a whoopin, but someone attempting to kill or do SERIOUS harm to an older person?? OH NO!!

But I say that now. Taking a life is a VERY serious thing, that should not be done willy nilly.

Jury asks questions on Day 4 of deliberations

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Less than an hour after the jury in Michael Dunn murder trial began its deliberations Saturday morning, the juror sent out three questions:

1.Is the defense of self-defense separate for each person in each count? Judge Russell Healey answered "Yes."

2.Are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count? Judge: "Yes."

3.If we determine deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others. Judge: "No. Self-defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count."

Dunn and defense attorney Cory Strolla objected to the way the judge answered the last count, but that the judge overruled and gave that instruction to the jury and it was sent back into deliberations just after 10 a.m.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michae...ations/-/475880/24499490/-/va41j/-/index.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Less than an hour after the jury in Michael Dunn murder trial began its deliberations Saturday morning, the juror sent out three questions:

1.Is the defense of self-defense separate for each person in each count? Judge Russell Healey answered "Yes."

2.Are we determining if deadly force is justified against each person in each count? Judge: "Yes."

3.If we determine deadly force is justified against one person, is it justified against the others. Judge: "No. Self-defense and justifiable use of deadly force applies separately to each count."

Dunn and defense attorney Cory Strolla objected to the way the judge answered the last count, but that the judge overruled and gave that instruction to the jury and it was sent back into deliberations just after 10 a.m.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/michae...ations/-/475880/24499490/-/va41j/-/index.html

:eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The Duval Clerk sourt site has this link which summarizes that info (this is unusual for Duval but saves them tons of casual registrations to their normal Clerk of Courts site, I suppose. Links to LOTS of court documents there too

http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/

1 S782.04(1)(A) MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
2 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
3 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
4 S782.04(1)(A) ATTEMPTED MURDER - FIRST DEGREE -- PLED NOT GUILTY
5 S790.19 SHOOTING OR THROWING DEADLY MISSILE -- PLED NOT GUILTY

Detailed indictment from grand jury here:
http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/files/81994169.pdf

I'm just sick... If the jury lets him off....

basically, anyone, anywhere, can shoot anyone and just say "I thought I saw a gun," and not face justice.

"Officer, I killed my spouse (who is about to leave me for someone else) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my husband (who just took out a million dollar life insurance policy) because I thought I saw a gun."

"Officer, I killed my mistress (who is pregnant and threatening to tell my wife) because I thought I saw a gun."

UGH! I may never stop throwing up.

Let's hope this jury doesn't go there.
This is exactly my fear. You put it far better than I did. Thanks for making it so clear.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -

bbm: :eek:

I'm really not liking the way this seems to be turning out....

Verdict watch threads tend to be more anxious chatting and fewer facts as the evidence has been discussed extensively earlier, during the trial. JMO, it's just the nature of the beast.

Former prosecutor analyzes Michael Dunn jury

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -
Jurors in the Michael Dunn trial have spent the equivalent of more than four work days in the jury room, dissecting evidence, discussing their opinions and deciding on guilty or not guilty.

Channel 4 spoke with a former prosecutor to get perspective on the way the jury has kept this case in their hands since Wednesday.

"It indicates that they're going to be splitting the baby," said former Assistant State Attorney Wesley White.

Video at link:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/former...-jury/-/475880/24497606/-/k38vjo/-/index.html

Oh, trust me. People like MD already have the magic phrase on the tip of their tongues: "I was in fear for my life. I was in fear for my life." They know that's all they have to claim initially and then can fabricate the details later because there's a good chance that someone will identify with such a fear, irregardless of whether or not it is a reasonable fear. I'm just surprised in this case that anyone could fall hook, line and sinker for this ridiculous defense.

It was interesting that in his testimony he used words like imminent threat, which were a part of the jury instructions. Strolla coached him well.

:eek:hoh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

so glad u have the taptalk link here ..as I will download it to my droid..

that way while grocery shopping I can check this thread whilst waiting for a verdict..

eta, hi every 1..following along

He already said in his letters that he is planning numerous law suits. :facepalm: :banghead:

I still can't figure out how someone can shoot at teens 10 times then drive away and not call police. What ever happened to not leaving the scene of a crime. And I think Dunn knew he hit Jordan, Jordan must have screamed in pain.

Other weapons in Dunn's car should have been shown.

Not happy with prosecution. They could have shown who Jordan was. And I do think it was a hate crime. That's why there is no remorse to this date. Not from Dunn, or Dunn's daddy. imo

I still can't figure out how someone can shoot at teens 10 times then drive away and not call police. What ever happened to not leaving the scene of a crime. And I think Dunn knew he hit Jordan, Jordan must have screamed in pain.

Other weapons in Dunn's car should have been shown.

Not happy with prosecution. They could have shown who Jordan was. And I do think it was a hate crime. That's why there is no remorse to this date. Not from Dunn, or Dunn's daddy. imo

People who are shot don't usually scream, do they? I would think the reaction would be more like stunned silence. But my only experience with gunshot wounds is what I hear in cases like this and what I see in the movies.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
During jury selection Cory Strolla asked prospective jurors if they could stand up to peer pressure. Possible one juror took him seriously.

People who are shot don't usually scream, do they? I would think the reaction would be more like stunned silence. But my only experience with gunshot wounds is what I hear in cases like this and what I see in the movies.

I don't think he did scream.

They for sure don't when they are gasping for air as was testified to.

FYI, I tried to post a link to the schedule of lesser includeds, etc., but for some reason it said my post was going directly to moderation. Maybe a mod can rescue it?

Does anybody still think the judge will even go with the Allen charge? My perception is that the judge already feels that this jury is trying very hard to come to a unanimous decision and he won't want to "scold" them. I guess he'll ask both sides what they want to do, but he seems to respect their ability to try to work things out and the next note or verdict form may well be the end of it. MOO Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes