GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's G on the other four charges as well. As you said I can't imagine those who wanted to find MD guilty of 1st degree murder would say NG on attempted murder.

Good point. I don't know about the rest of you but I feel I have PTSD from Florida juries. :banghead:

Had to leave for about a half hour --- WHAT is happening? Was an Allen charge given? Can't decide on murder count 1? We may have to go through this again? i just can't believe this!

I am sooooo Pis%%d.. what is wrong with these people? I understand it and I didnt even graduate for Gods Sake!!:drumroll: What dont they understand about a young man dead?:tantrum: Its the Florida laws! darn rewrite them. I am so mad. I cant thank Anyone, my button wont work..:banghead:

I can't imagine that they'd be deadlocked on the murder charge but find Dunn NG on the attempted murder charges because that means at least one side thinks he's guilty of something for killing Jordan. How could you think he was guilty of killing Jordan (on any of the charges) and think he was not guilty of attempted murder of the other passengers in the car, especially considering that Tevin Thompson escaped injury only because the bullets didn't make it all the way through his door, and Tommy Storns barely escaped being shot in the head? This jury is making absolutely no sense!

BBM.

Don't blame the entire Jury, there might only be one juror!!!!

Why would they find guilty on attempted murder, but hung on guilty of murder. Isn't the only difference that Jordan was actually killed?

No, there are several degrees they'd have to be unanimous on.

Also, folks might think there's doubt that Jordan was 'scary' acting enough for it to conceivably be self-defense with him, but they know the other kids were literally just trying to get out of there. You can't shoot them. They weren't even impolite to the man!

you must have inadvertently clicked on the multiquote button (paper with quotation mark on it) at some point that when you clicked on the regular quote button to quote popsicle's post the other was incorporated as well.

OT:
(in reply to my question: --? I don't know where the first quote comes from, but this has happened to me more than once today. When I reply to a post (quoted post in this case was popsicle's) my reply shows two quotes. cWhere is this first quote from? Strange)

Thank you! I didn't know what that quote thing was for, and do remember bumping it on the ioad. Thanks for the help)

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Each juror now get to explain the weakness of their own argument. Other jurors told not to interrupt each other. #dunntrial

This is good instruction. It may take them some time to do it, but I think the jurors don't want a mistrial and will work it out. JMO>

The way it's being worded in the media is they are hung on murder one and the lesser charges. In other words they are hung on 1st degree, and the lesser chargers of 2nd degree and manslaughter. That's my take. Anyone else?

This is the way I heard the judge read it

If jurors take this seriously, it may still be awhile before we get verdict. #DunnTrial

Each juror now get to explain the weakness of their own argument. Other jurors told not to interrupt each other. #dunntrial

I am not a Florida lawyer, but I have a problem with a judge telling jurors so specifically how to deliberate. No one is supposed to tell a jury that. This judge seems a bit odd to me.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 3m
Dunn family was inscrutable when jurors said they were deadlocked. I think they were expecting it. #dunntrial

Darren Kavinoky ‏@DarrenKavinoky

#DunnTrial penalties: M1=Life in prison; M2=25yrs+; Manslghter=9-30yrs; Attmpted Murder 20yrs each/60 total; shoot at car: 15yrs. #OnTheCase

https://twitter.com/DarrenKavinoky

I would rather them just walk away and go back and do it again..

Then someone needs to school Angela And Guy on getting this right.

I agree with Alan Dershowitz on little else, but he and I agree with you about Corey.

She has a track record of overcharging and, according to Dershowitz, "submitting [a] perjurious affidavit".

She also has a reputation of retaliating against Florida bar members who dare to cross her (source: FL counsel who shall remain nameless). Suffice it to say that the descriptors "politics" and "grandstanding" have been used.

We do know that non-attorney staffers have felt her wrath merely for testifying to the truth.

"Ben Kruidbos" is all I'll say about that.

Unfortunately, that is what I took out of it.

Don't agree with O'Mara. They could say he was NG on Count 1, the killing being self defense.

He COULD be guilty on the other 4 for firing shots at the other people in the car who did not "possibly" have a gun. IE: not self-defense, especially when the other 3 did not threaten his life.

Also, the jury could say that MD is guilty of Murder and can't come to agreement on at what level. (Lesser includeds). That can also hang.

ETA: O'Mara corrected his statement! Now he agrees with me.

This is good instruction. It may take them some time to do it, but I think the jurors don't want a mistrial and will work it out. JMO>

We may not want them to work it out...especially if they come back with a NG

LOL My computer just scared the carp out of me!! I have the window up for the wildabouttrial live feed and suddenly a feed with the local news from outside the court house. My sound is on explode so I think I jumped a foot!!

Florida statutes says this about justifiable use of deadly force.

Most people would not think it's reasonable to shoot someone who's reaching into their pocket for the very reason you state. It could be a cell phone that their reaching for. MOO.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.012.html

the problem seems to lie with the jury's interpretation of what is reasonable vs unreasonable. Lately a lot of juries IMO have seemed to feel fears I would consider ridiculous and NOT reasonable - reasonable. Therein lie the rub IMO.

If this jury comes back with not guilty or is unable to find Dunn guilty of murder it suggests to me that people in general feel it is reasonable to fear young black men with loud music and who curse at you when you confront them are to be feared and therefore, its okay to shoot at them. This scares the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member