OK OK - Molly Miller, 17, & Colt Haynes, 21, Wilson, 7 Jul 2013 - #2

All righty then, here's the Carter County meth arrest data.

The total population of Carter County per 2012 US Census estimates is 48,085 souls. Its major population centers are:

Ardmore: 24,677
Lone Grove: 5,139
Healdton: 2,787
Wilson: 1,729
Dickson: 1,230

Carter County covers 834 square miles, which breaks down to about 57.65 people per square mile.

Go here and scroll down to the very last chart on the very last page:

http://www.okruralhealthworks.org/PDFWEB/AE-13081.pdf

This chart shows Arrests By Category according to the OSBI's Uniform Crime Report. Pay attention to the Rate per 1,000 numbers, and compare Carter County's on the left with the statewide Oklahoma numbers on the right.

Total juvenile arrests per 1,000 were 17.5 in Carter County in 2011, compared to 20.4 statewide.

Total adult arrests per 1,000 were 71.7 in Carter County in 2011, compared to 49.4 statewide.

Summary of felony drug arrests by LE jurisdiction from January 1, 2013 through today's date, a period of about 13 months:

Carter County SO: 31 total, 19 meth-related offenses

OHP: 7 total, 1 meth-related offense

OBNDD: 6 total, 1 meth-related offense (Endeavoring to Manufacture)

Office of Juvenile Affairs: 1 total, 0 meth-related offenses

Parks & Recreation: 1 total, 0 meth-related offenses

OSBI: 12 total, 6 meth-related offenses

Ardmore PD: 190 total, 99 meth-related offenses (3 for Endeavoring to Manufacture)

Dickson PD: 5 total, 3 meth-related offenses

Healdton PD: 3 total, all for possession of meth

Lone Grove PD: 8 total, 5 meth-related offenses

Wilson PD: 16 total, 12 meth-related offenses (2 for Endeavoring to Manufacture)

Lighthorse PD: 4 total, all for possession of meth

Carter County has five times the population of Love County, and also has the city of Ardmore, which was recently named the most violent city in Oklahoma, according to the FBI. There were only six arrests for manufacturing meth in Carter County during this 13-month period, a number that leaves me less than impressed.

Ardmore= the most violent city in OK? I'm very surprised.

Ardmore= the most violent city in OK? I'm very surprised.

Yeah, well, if you read the link, Ardmore PD blames it on gang activity and says they've cracked down on that since 2011, the year this ranking is based on.

http://www.kten.com/story/22820814/ardmore-tops-fbi-crime-rate-chart

The article also says Ada and Durant are third and fourth on the list. Ada is about 70 miles northeast of Ardmore and Durant is about 52 miles east. None of them are anywhere near a metropolitan area, and not really what you'd think of when you think "gang activity." More like "drug activity." I think it's time for all the LE jurisdictions in that part of the state to coordinate a serious crackdown on THAT.

Yeah, well, if you read the link, Ardmore PD blames it on gang activity and says they've cracked down on that since 2011, the year this ranking is based on.

http://www.kten.com/story/22820814/ardmore-tops-fbi-crime-rate-chart

The article also says Ada and Durant are third and fourth on the list. Ada is about 70 miles northeast of Ardmore and Durant is about 52 miles east. None of them are anywhere near a metropolitan area, and not really what you'd think of when you think "gang activity." More like "drug activity." I think it's time for all the LE jurisdictions in that part of the state to coordinate a serious crackdown on THAT.
You're exactly right. Gang activity, no. These are very rural areas. Drug activity, absolutely. With Ardmore being along I-35, I could understand the drug activity if it were out-of-staters (being on one of the main drug trafficking routes), but it appears it's mostly locals. I have very little doubt this case is drug related.

I don't think it's major, but I think there is a growing gang presence in Ardmore, much like in Lawton. However, the drugs in that area are not at all limited to confines of the circles that gang members run in. And I'm 100% sure this case will somehow come back to drugs.

I got to thinking about the lack of manufacturing cases and it led me down a path to some stats on treatment across the state. The numbers are a little dated (2006-2008), but I thought you might find it valuable or at least worth a look, OkieGranny http://digitalprairie.ok.gov/cdm/compoundobject/collection/stgovpub/id/25463/rec/28

Originally posted by TooCurious
Here is something that I haven't seen on here.

SF, the person who owned the car, is good friend's with CN's aunt. SF was arrested and in the affidavit it lsaid she had been on the phone with CN' mom and aunt. CN's aunt works at a Dr. office as does SF. Different offices but at one time they allegedly did work at the same office. (CN's aunt's current office that she has worked at for 10 years) CN's aunt, her boss the Dr., allegedly called PMF on behalf of CN's aunt. (Cn's aunt called later with the threats of blowing PMF's face off) It just so happens that the Dr. is the wife of the Assistant DA of one of the counties (Love or Carter) and serves in the other too.

I am losing faith in that all judicial system by the day. This case should be assigned a special prosecutor. Does anyone think SF will get anything more than a slap on the wrist?

TooCurious, you must have been in rare form the day you posted this, because I know the story and still could barely make heads or tails of what you wrote, lol.

In a nutshell, Con's aunt is a long-time employee of the wife of the Assistant District Attorney over Love County. Molly's cousin PMF posted a description of her frightening experience with Con's aunt and her boss, buried deep in the comments here.

Anyway, I was just checking in on Sabrina's latest selfie and noticed that she recently "liked" a page so I clicked over to see what it was about, and it turns out that this same Assistant District Attorney is now running for Associate District Judge.

This buddy-buddy stuff with the prosecutor's office, geez, I don't even know what to think anymore.

Oh, wait, while we're on the subject, the last we heard on Con's mom was on January 23, when it was reported that the Carter County sheriff had sent additional charges against her to the DA's office for firing at a moving vehicle. That was over two weeks ago and there's still nothing about it on ODCR, so what's the holdup? Is anything being done, or is it just going to... fade away?

Maybe the newest way to make meth has become popular. It is called "shake and bake." There may not be need for a lab anymore with this method. The chemicals and ingredients are put in a 2 liter bottle and shaken. The reaction cooks all the ingredients into a meth.

http://bluelighters.blogspot.com/

If this the popular new way to create meth, maybe it is even more difficult for LE to find the cooks, because a lab set up is not needed. I have no idea if this is the case. I'm just pointing out the possibility.

A Facebook rumor page, thinly disguised as a missing persons page, is plagiarizing my maps:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1435597493344782&id=1399532586951273&stream_ref=10

And my posts (these are definitely not my maps):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...3741829.1399532586951273&type=1&stream_ref=10

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9952142&postcount=527.

Not cool to rip off someone else's work, MPDB. Shame on you.

Con was supposed to hire or apply for an attorney by February 10, but there's no Entry of Appearance listed on ODCR yet.

They sure did steal your maps and post. Wonder who runs that page?

Your maps are awesome, Okiegranny! Guess they're just not talented enough to do their own.

They sure did steal your maps and post. Wonder who runs that page?

Your maps are awesome, Okiegranny! Guess they're just not talented enough to do their own.

Thanks! I have no idea who runs it. Other FB pages have used my maps without proper attribution, but I've never before seen anyone copy and paste my posts and try to pass them off as their own original thoughts.

Thanks! I have no idea who runs it. Other FB pages have used my maps without proper attribution, but I've never before seen anyone copy and paste my posts and try to pass them off as their own original thoughts.

That is absolutely WRONG. I think the administrator needs to be kindly told that taking other posts from other sites and using as their own is just not right. That admin is actually going back and forth with someone and pretending they wrote the original post. Further down they take another map and more of the same. You have to click on the "missing person discussion board page" link at the top right to get to main page.

Totally Incredible. And it is recent too.

Sorry to see that Okiegranny. They at least should have mentioned they didnt do all the work.

,^^^ Must be complete morons to have to steal someone else's thoughts...although okiegranny's thoughts and maps are awesome!

You should start watermarking your images before you post them.

,^^^ Must be complete morons to have to steal someone else's thoughts...although okiegranny's thoughts and maps are awesome!

I don't like the stealing as well, but those are very well done maps. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they say . . .

WebSleuths owns the copyright to whatever we post here, so I handed off the plagiarism issue to the admins. I'm over it. Although it did add a little blip of excitement during a very boring period on this case when there's nothing to do but watch and wait, lol.

Thanks for the watermark idea, djcoma! I briefly took up computer-generated art as a hobby several years ago and still have GIMP installed, so I've been experimenting with that on how to add a watermark to my maps that won't be too intrusive but can't be cropped out. My skilz are pretty rusty though, so it's going to take a little more practice. Channels and filters and layers, oh my!

Anyway, moving on, we have Con and Sabrina's court date to look forward to on Tuesday morning. I don't anticipate any courtroom drama as it sounds like a preliminary conference is really just an administrative meeting in front of the judge. I think the best we can hope for is some fresh news coverage, hopefully including interviews with LE and/or family members that elicit new details about what happened that night and an update on the progress of the case.

I can watermark your maps for you, if you want. Just PM me if you need help.

I just did a map for the Charli Scott case in Maui:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10241740&postcount=180.

Can you see the watermark? This was just a quickie job because they were stumbling around on that thread trying to pinpoint all the different locations with Google Maps, which is too unwieldy for this sort of thing, IMO. Did the best I can manage at this point, but still need more practice.

Found another instance where my maps and text were hijacked; I'd thought it was on a different FB page but no, it's on the SAME ONE! :facepalm:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1407249189512946&id=1399532586951273&stream_ref=10

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972420&postcount=11.

I have no intention of contacting the admin of this page personally because my Facebook profile is under my real name and I have zero interest in creating a second profile using my WS moniker. This person has already shown a lack of good judgment and I wouldn't trust her (I'm guessing it's a her) not to publicly ID me as OkieGranny. Since this case is probably a double homicide not too far from my own front door, I prefer not have my IRL name out there on the gossip pages.

/vent

Okay, I'm over it. Really. Let's move on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back