GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

Great job Texas, now let's bring it home with death row next week.

So now that I'm hooked on this trial, I will be watching on Monday, to see the penalty phase. Thanks to all the great posts, and I'll see you all on Monday.

My family is going to commit me to a mental hospital if I watch one more trial...thankfully, this was quick and to the point! :seeya:

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m

#BrandonDaniel's dad and sister rushed passed media. Made no statement. #JaimePadron's family taken out back door of courtroom.

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 3m

Matt Boldwin, a friend of Jaime's from San Angelo PD is serving as family spokesperson. "We are very pleased with outcome of this trial."

Chris Sadeghi ‏@chrissadeghi 1m

Asked if Padron family wants life or death for Daniel, Baldwin simply says the appreciate the support of the community.

Verdict: [video=youtube;htCPZbBxC68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htCPZbBxC68[/video]

Daniel guilty of capital murder in Officer Padron slaying

AUSTIN (KXAN) – A Travis County jury found Brandon Daniel guilty Friday of capital murder in the 2012 slaying of Austin Senior Police Officer Jaime Padron.

The verdict means Daniel is eligible for the death penalty or life in prison without parole. The sentencing hearing will begin Monday at 9 a.m., court officials said.

http://kxan.com/2014/02/17/officer-padrons-accused-killer-to-stand-trial-tuesday/

WOW I go run errands and get back to this fast rendered verdict. I had a feeling it was a done deal. Good Job!! Be back Monday for the finale. See ya'll then.

Oh brother! Just had a piece on local news. BD's defense attorney says the next phase is all about Brandon. Nobody has heard about him or his life. :rolleyes:

At this point they will be just trying to save his life.

Anyone know what time this will start today?
Sentencing phase, yes?

:seeya: TIA & G'morn!

ETA- Never mind, I see Softail already provided that answer, I did not see it :facepalm:
TY!

Good morning!!!

Nymeria are you getting a head start at St Patty's Day? If so count me in!

Can anyone find a livefeed that is watching the penalty verdict? WAT seems to be rehashing the guilty Murder 1 from Friday.

Good morning!!!

Nymeria are you getting a head start at St Patty's Day? If so count me in!

Can anyone find a livefeed that is watching the penalty verdict? WAT seems to be rehashing the guilty Murder 1 from Friday.

Live here now....OK never mind, just news reports about case.

http://kxan.com/live-stream/

YES, my son and I love St. Pats Day! Feel free to join in :seeya:
Perfect Holiday, no gifts to buy, no cards to send, and very little decorating to do! (We do have some decor up already though, shamrock lights and such :) ). I make special meals and my son buys special beers.

Halloween is still my favorite though ;)

State now giving opening statements for the penalty phase.

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 1m

Defense says #BrandonDaniel's prolonged drug use was in an effort to "self medicate" his problems away. #JaimePadron #keyetv

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 2m

Defense tells #DanielTrial jury #BrandonDaniel attempted suicide at 11 yrs old & began using drugs/alcohol in middle school.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 3m

Defense tells jury they can consider voluntary intoxication as mitigating factor for sentencing. Jury could not when deciding his guilt.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 5m

Defense tells #BrandonDaniel jury this is the time "we can tell you about him." A bright, intelligent guy who helped people.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 7m

State asks #BrandonDaniel jury be strong and consider the life that has been taken away. #JaimePadron
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 9m

State says they will show how #BrandonDaniel plans to profit on being a "cop killer" by selling stuff on the Internet.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 11m

State says they will show jury "bad stuff" of #BrandonDaniel. Says he has two parts of his personality which came together on 4/6/2012
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 12m

State making opening statements to #BrandonDaniel #DanielTrial jury. Says this case will show Daniel should be put to death.
from Austin, TX

Alex Boyer ‏@AlexBoyerTV 13m

#BrandonDaniel #DanielTrial jury walking into courtroom. Same jury that found him guilty of capital murder of #JaimePadron

https://twitter.com/AlexBoyerTV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back