GUILTY Canada - Loretta Saunders, 26, Halifax, NS, 13 February 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when VH is to make her appearance in court? I read the mother's desperate scramble this morning to find out which court and court time for BL's so the family could be present.
Did BL get a bail set? How much? I'm hoping the judge sets their bail very high as they have already proven they are flight risks. I pray they are both remanded IN CUSTODY, but without a body or evidence showing that LS is likely deceased, they will both likely get bail.
Her court appearance is Thursday on the car theft charge and she also has 2 outstanding warrants previous to this situation. 1 is for uttering threats the other 1 I am not sure

Brett Ruskin ‏@Brett_Global 4m
PHOTO: Victoria Henneberry lands in #Halifax handcuffed, and gets into an awaiting RCMP transport van. pic.twitter.com/rcbBYScU17

A few things that come to mind:
1. We don't know if it's a credit card or a bank card that was used, right? In any case, the new chip-reader things that you just tap your card onto, don't even require a password or PIN. It's quite possible that they had her wallet and used it without needing to transfer funds.

2. There's been no mention of being in possession of anything other than the car and the bank/credit card, right? Nothing about a wallet? (even in a "theft-under" charge?). Does this mean they just took the card, or ditched the wallet?

3. Where are the parents of either of the accused? I have seen mentions of cousins here and there, but no reply from a parent of either or any other family member? Just curious what they would say or do in response.

4. If you read VL's facebook profile, those posts do not seem to be the posts of someone who could commit murder. They do, however, seem like the posts of a young woman who has gotten mixed up with people/circumstances that she later regrets, (on a regular basis, it seems). At the start of the New Year for the last couple of new years she posts a resolution to make it a better year, go to the gym, etc. etc. This leads me to think that she gets influenced by those around her, when at her core, she isn't "evil". This then makes me think that she, when removed from the person who influences her, might do the "right thing" and cooperate.

All of this is JMO.

I seem to remember MSM stated more than once it was a debit card.

Theft under or theft over refer the value of the item stolen Theft under 5000 or over 5000 which was the charge in Ont. I think the theft over was for the debit card and the theft under would be for the car. The car was a 2000 Toyota Celica I am not sure it would be worth 5000

VH appears to from a military background, her immediate family is in Ont
BL is originally from NS not Halifax he has family through out Southern AB including his father, numerous aunts, uncles and cousins.

I hope one of them cooperates Loretta's family deserves that much from these 2.
I hope

I agree the texts came from someone using a computer not linked to her banking information. The interesting thing to note here is that as far as I have read in this case the banking card itself was only used in ontario. If they had gotten the password from Loretta in Halifax, it doesn't make sense for these two dunce heads to wait until Ontario to use it, if they are stupid enough to use a missing persons flagged bank card anyways. This leads us to the transcanada and CCTV, this evidence is critical for the circumstantial evidence to show if Loretta was in the car or not however, I think we all believe this to be wishful thinking that we would see her in any of the footage. However, if it is true that they only used the card in ontario, it might be a hopeful sign that she was with them and finally did give them her password.

I'm not sure if this has come up yet or not but if you visit Victoria Whatever Her Real Last Name Is's FB page https://www.facebook.com/victorianblake.leggette?fref=ts&ref=br_tf you can see that her "recent activity" lists her activating FB mobile on the 15th. As soon as I heard they were trying to use Loretta's debit card, it made me wonder if they were accessing her banking info through online banking as well. That may or may not be relevant but we do know they were already on the road on the 15th so this was her way of staying connected through her phone, while on the run in Loretta's car.

Such a sad case :( I hope they find Loretta soon.

Love the mohawk idea Matou but I doubt he would want to make that much of appearance, plus the roof of that car is pretty low, generally mohawks and low roofs don't mix. However, I am not a mohawkologist so you might actually have something here, as it would stand out to any gas station attendant you asked working that night if they did indeed see and talk to Blake. .

Blake did NOT have a mohawk at the time. The photo of VH and BL that originally circulated is more than a year and half old. As of 2 months ago BL still had short hair/buzzed hair.

It should ALSO be noted that VH changes her hair style color a LOT. Within last couple months she has been brunette/blond and black hair.

Blake did NOT have a mohawk at the time. The photo of VH and BL that originally circulated is more than a year and half old. As of 2 months ago BL still had short hair/buzzed hair.

It should ALSO be noted that VH changes her hair style color a LOT. Within last couple months she has been brunette/blond and black hair.

Getting into the police van tonight her hair looks brown.

Most recent photo I have seen thus far on VL facebook. This wasin Nov/13
check out the link of her getting into the van it looks like officer is helping her remove her coat and leans forward under the interior light no way her hair is black medium brown or dark blonde.

PS do I not know you from somewhere else LOL

The card was only used in Ontario according to reports, however they asked boyfriend in a msg for mothers maiden name on the 15th I believe. Which tells me they were still in Halifax. It also makes me think the reason they would have wanted the security question is because they wanted to log into online banking, and E-transfer funds to one of their accounts. Which would require a security question as it would have been from a new computer/device. Why they used the card in Ontario, I'm not sure. Just my thoughts.

The card was only used in Ontario according to reports, however they asked boyfriend in a msg for mothers maiden name on the 15th I believe. Which tells me they were still in Halifax. It also makes me think the reason they would have wanted the security question is because they wanted to log into online banking, and E-transfer funds to one of their accounts. Which would require a security question as it would have been from a new computer/device. Why they used the card in Ontario, I'm not sure. Just my thoughts.

Her (VH) phone records (actual phone activity) will clear that up I'm sure. Even if she deleted history, apps, etc., there's still a log and unless she's a geek (which I seriously doubt) she hasn't wiped her phone. Since they were on the run, her phone (and his phone) is all they would have had to use for banking, social networking, etc. so it will all be there.

check out the link of her getting into the van it looks like officer is helping her remove her coat and leans forward under the interior light no way her hair is black medium brown or dark blonde.

PS do I not know you from somewhere else LOL

From a LS fb group perhaps?

A few things that come to mind:
1. We don't know if it's a credit card or a bank card that was used, right? In any case, the new chip-reader things that you just tap your card onto, don't even require a password or PIN. It's quite possible that they had her wallet and used it without needing to transfer funds.

2. There's been no mention of being in possession of anything other than the car and the bank/credit card, right? Nothing about a wallet? (even in a "theft-under" charge?). Does this mean they just took the card, or ditched the wallet?

3. Where are the parents of either of the accused? I have seen mentions of cousins here and there, but no reply from a parent of either or any other family member? Just curious what they would say or do in response.

4. If you read VL's facebook profile, those posts do not seem to be the posts of someone who could commit murder. They do, however, seem like the posts of a young woman who has gotten mixed up with people/circumstances that she later regrets, (on a regular basis, it seems). At the start of the New Year for the last couple of new years she posts a resolution to make it a better year, go to the gym, etc. etc. This leads me to think that she gets influenced by those around her, when at her core, she isn't "evil". This then makes me think that she, when removed from the person who influences her, might do the "right thing" and cooperate.

All of this is JMO.

Victoria is 28 years old and has been bouncing across the country for a couple of years. Her linkedin page indicates that she has plans to study, but her instability suggests that she doesn't follow through. Her job history ended in 2009, but her study plans continue today, where she states that she intends to graduate from the Athabasca University with a Bachelor of Commerce in 2017.

She might appear young and cute on a facebook page, but her actions don't communicate young and cute. For example, there is an outstanding arrest warrant for her for uttering threats. The threats must have been substantial for it to be reported to police.

As for a basic timeline....
LS leaves her bf's home Feb 13th
LS reported missing Feb 17th
VH & BL arrested in Harrow, ON Feb 18th

Homeowner of house they were at in Harrow, was quoted saying the following:

"The man who owns the Harrow home where the car was found told CBC News he's friends with Henneberry and that the couple had been staying with him for the last few days."
(source: http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/story/1.2544794)

If the had already been there a couple days plus the 22+ hour drive from Halifax to Harrow, they seemed to have left Halifax c.Feb 14-15th.

Unless BL and VH have evidence to give the police to indicate the boyfriend I think this is very unlikely and what does sherlock say about the simplest explanation? If he did have something to do with it, they would both be pleading that they stumbled across Loretta's car, car keys, and bank card (which would never happen) or that the boyfriend had this elaborate idea.... I mean at this point in time, if he was the culprit, what do they have to lose? Tell the truth that he did it. Somehow I doubt they have a good enough story to pin it on him.

We have already covered why he took time to report it (her previous meth issue) and past tense use of the term "alive" simply because of english being a second language. Its possibly that he had something to do with it but generally the guilty culprit isn't the first to come out and speak with national media, I mean it happens but....

BBM

Loretta did not have a meth issue, she was taking methadone to treat a former addition to opiates.

I'm not sure if this has come up yet or not but if you visit Victoria Whatever Her Real Last Name Is's FB page https://www.facebook.com/victorianblake.leggette?fref=ts&ref=br_tf you can see that her "recent activity" lists her activating FB mobile on the 15th. As soon as I heard they were trying to use Loretta's debit card, it made me wonder if they were accessing her banking info through online banking as well. That may or may not be relevant but we do know they were already on the road on the 15th so this was her way of staying connected through her phone, while on the run in Loretta's car.

Such a sad case :( I hope they find Loretta soon.

BBM - Great catch.

She activated Facebook for Mobile on Saturday, February 15, 2014 at 1 56 a.m. specifically.

Respectfully snipped by me for space considerations:

They found the car by tracing cell phone pings from Loretta's cell phone which led them to Windsor Ontario and then to Harrow Ontario.

This is what makes me think those 2 couldn't possibly have been so stupid to murder Loretta, then take off in her car, use her bank card and use her phone.

I mean, seriously, how dumb could you possibly be? I don't know. Something doesn't add up on this one.

Sorry for the double post a bit ago... Not sure what happened, stupid phone. Maybe a mod can delete my second post(#635)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong