GUILTY Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is a model of the above 1980s Holden Commodore....

35aqjr4.jpg

I suppose my burning question is whether Cowan and Jackway were known to each other? In cahoots within their criminal elements? A shared drug dealer, perhaps. Low-lifes know low-lifes. Sometimes they connect.

Is there any proven connection?

This is what I would like to know. How and when did they meet? It seems likely they did this together using Jackway's car but Cowan claims he was home about 3pm and his ex-wife verified that unless she is lying due to fear. Has Cowan ever admitted to knowing Jackway or dobbed him in?

Unless something is mentioned in the trial, we can't discuss whether or not Cowan had any previous criminal history.

We can discuss Jackaway's history as he was a POI. Might I also add, one thing criminals are very good at is telling lies...lots of them!

Douglas Jackaway...

http://www.mako.org.au/douglas_jackway.html

Unless something is mentioned in the trial, we can't discuss whether or not Cowan had any previous criminal history.

We can discuss Jackaway's history as he was a POI. Might I also add, one thing criminals are very good at is telling lies...lots of them!

Douglas Jackaway...

I definitely think Douglas Jackway is a compulsive liar especially as he got aggressive with the defense lawyer. It was terrible reading what crimes he has done the poor boy pure evil and sick. I hope he doesn't get released from prison there has been hearings about releasing him. He seems to me to still be very dangerous and extremely likely to re-offend.

I definitely think Douglas Jackway is a compulsive liar especially as he got aggressive with the defense lawyer. It was terrible reading what crimes he has done the poor boy pure evil and sick. I hope he doesn't get released from prison there has been hearings about releasing him. He seems to me to still be very dangerous and extremely likely to re-offend.

Agreed gregjrichards. He is one dangerous criminal who remains a danger to others and therefore, should remain imprisoned IMO.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-teenager-daniel-morcombe/story-fnihsrf2-1

"...He denied asking his friend Michael Harbot to give him an alibi for the day Daniel Morcombe went missing"...

"...He also refuted Mr Edwards’ suggestion he warned a female friend about giving him an alibi by telling the police he was at home"...

I am so confused. Does the prosecution have a theory of the crime that includes this Jackass fella? Is Cowan's confession to the undercover cops only partially true in that he implicates himself but not his accomplice? Is Jackway not going to face charges over Daniel?

Wednesday 26th February 2014 Day 11 of the Daniel Morcombe Trial starts at 10.00am today.

Hi everyone I'm really sorry but I wont be able to post the twitter posts by @KateKyriacou from the trial tonight as I am not well and have to go to hospital in the morning. Don't worry it is nothing serious. I wont be able to stay up and follow the trial tonight. I am sure Fuskier and other members will post updates and articles about the hearing today.

It has been very difficult to hear updates from the trial and I pray Daniel's family will get a conviction. I will still keep up to date with developments in the case both here and online at news websites in Australia.

Thank you to everyone who is posting updates and articles about the case. Hopefully my condition will improve soon.

Please follow @KateKyriacou or @francenenorton on twitter if you wish to receive updates about the case as they happen.

Hi everyone I'm really sorry but I wont be able to post the twitter posts by @KateKyriacou from the trial tonight as I am not well and have to go to hospital in the morning. Don't worry it is nothing serious. I wont be able to stay up and follow the trial tonight. I am sure Fuskier and other members will post updates and articles about the hearing today.

It has been very difficult to hear updates from the trial and I pray Daniel's family will get a conviction. I will still keep up to date with developments in the case both here and online at news websites in Australia.

Thank you to everyone who is posting updates and articles about the case. Hopefully my condition will improve soon.

Please follow @KateKyriacou or @francenenorton on twitter if you wish to receive updates about the case as they happen.

Sorry to hear that you are unwell gregjrichards. Hope that all goes well for you in hospital. Thank you for assisting with posts on the Thread. Staying up all night to contribute posts shows commitment to justice for the Morcombe family. We look forward to your continued contribution once you are better. We'll try to keep the Thread updated daily. All the best to you for now.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...hristmas-cake-court-hears-20140225-33fya.html

Daniel Morcombe trial: Child sex offender called Daniel a 'Christmas cake', court hears
February 26, 2014 - 12:01AM by Marissa Calligeros

A serial child sex offender allegedly referred to missing teenager Daniel Morcombe as "Christmas cake" and laughed at his family's plight, a court has heard.
Douglas Jackway was in prison in 2006 when he allegedly told an inmate that Daniel was "no one's Christmas cake no more"..."You said they [the Morcombe family] should just get over it. Do you agree with that?" Mr Edwards asked....Mr Edwards: "I suggest you said ... Daniel was in the forest. Remember that?"...

SUPREME AND DISTRICT COURTS BRISBANE
LAW LIST
Wednesday 26 February 2014

SUPREME COURT OF QUEENSLAND

SUPREME COURT CRIMINAL SITTINGS
COWAN
Justice Atkinson
Court 11
Floor 5 10:00 AM
(Trial Part Heard)

The trial is listed for today, but it seems no media tweets anywhere this morning.

There must have been some delay this morning. This tweet has just arrived.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
Day 11 of Morcombe murder trial underway in Brisbane. First witness today is Det. Snr Const. Ross Hutton. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3m
Photographs of a goateed Jackway are being tendered. Jackway claimed in his evidence he never grew a goatee. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 8m
Det Sen Const Hutton is being cross examined on the inconsistencies in former suspect Douglas Jackway's statements to police. #morcombe

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...hristmas-cake-court-hears-20140225-33fya.html

Daniel Morcombe trial: Child sex offender called Daniel a 'Christmas cake', court hears
February 26, 2014 - 12:01AM by Marissa Calligeros

A serial child sex offender allegedly referred to missing teenager Daniel Morcombe as "Christmas cake" and laughed at his family's plight, a court has heard.
Douglas Jackway was in prison in 2006 when he allegedly told an inmate that Daniel was "no one's Christmas cake no more"..."You said they [the Morcombe family] should just get over it. Do you agree with that?" Mr Edwards asked....Mr Edwards: "I suggest you said ... Daniel was in the forest. Remember that?"...

That was hard to read, I can't imagine how Daniel's family feel... So sad.

If Cowan and Jackway are proved to know each other and also proved that they committed the crime together what would that mean for the current trial?

Fuskier I just wanted to personally thank you for your excellent updates about the case. I pray that justice will be done here I am confident it will and Daniel's family get closure.

FUSKIER

:blowkiss::bow::jumping::aktion::jumping:

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 12m
Mr Wood said he saw three people at the back of the car. One was child-sized. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 14m
Giving evidence is Aaron Wood, who saw older blue car parked under Kiel Mountain Rd overpass. He said he had to swerve around it. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 19m
Giving evidence is Jozsef Gabri, who was driving Bruce Hwy at 6.15pm Dec 7, 2003, saw blue car and white van parked, two men and a boy.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 32m
Giving evidence is Carol Wilson, who drove under the overpass and saw a boy. Further up a white van was parked, she recalled. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 36m
Giving evidence is Stephen Salmon, who was riding his motorbike on December 7, 2003, and saw a white van parked near the overpass. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1h
Photographs of a goateed Jackway are being tendered. Jackway claimed in his evidence he never grew a goatee. #morcombe

It's always been my opinion that there were two involved in Daniel's disappearance.

Some witnesses have said they only saw one guy standing near Daniel, while others said they saw two guys. At the time some witnesses drove past guy number two could have been inside the blue car hence the sightings of only one.

OMG & possibly several cars??
Marley, these 'pedophile rings' where images are passed around the net. Firstly the images have to be obtained. Could these rings do similar that if a pedophile locates a child he contacts others to participate? I guess like some rapes we hear about (Scaf) where others are contacted to join in. Gruesome yes but this little boy was like bees to a honeypot!! So very sad :( when I was a little girl my mum used to watch out for me more than my three brothers but now OMG it's the boys in danger too.
Once I had an uncomfortable feeling with a man on a bike around a child when I pulled over and only watched him, he looked at me and quickly rode away. Who knows what may have happened if I didn't stop. Hey it may have been the child's big brother! I just kept an eye on the situation I'm sure they don't want to be exposed and they operate secretively. It was an experience I'll never forget and it plays on me that IF I'd seen Daniel and these men I WOULD HAVE PULLED OVER and reversed back but stayed in the safety of my car. Oh if only someone had stopped and/or reversed a little or kept an eye out, even in the rear vision mirror, it may have diffused the whole horror. A couple of lousy minutes is all it'd take.
People don't like to be filmed, say if someone tailgating me, I'll hold up my phone as if I'm filming the incident and they back off REALLY quickly.
Same, same but different.

IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO REAR A CHILD

Douglas Jackaway...

Thank you.
From gregjrichards posted tweet...
I've got 13 years martial arts training, Jackway told police attempting to seize his car. #morcombe
Expand
I found this hilarious. What an arrogant useless piece, this guy Jackway.
It is concerning...all this Jackway talk. The jury hears he was a POI early...The jury hears about his blue car, his past crimes (esp. the daylight abduction of the poor young boy). The jury hears him defiant in testamony, cussing and all. The jury hears So much more about Jackway.

I envision Cowan sitting cool, calm, and collected. He may seem a mild fellow compared to J. The defence counsel is strong. Frustrating.

The Crown's prosecution team MUST have some sort of smoking gun ahead?
I'll keep waiting for it.

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 53m
Undercover officer who sat next to Cowan on plane to Perth in 2011 has commenced his evidence. Went by name Joseph Emery. #morcombe @abcnews

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 53m
Now giving evidence is undercover officer who went by the name of Joseph Emery. He caught a flight with Cowan from Bris to Perth. #morcombe

Emmy Kubainski ‏@emmykubainski 49m
Undercover Qld police officer takes the stand in Brett Cowan's murder trial. @7NewsBrisbane #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1h
Driver Aaron Wood tells jury he saw a blue car under o/pass with 3 people near it. #morcombe @abcnews

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 1h
Witness describes seeing a blue sedan&white van off highway and child's expression "apprehension, possibly fear." @9NewsBrisbane #Morcombe

Motorist Carol Wilson tells court she saw a boy on Nambour Connection Rd and a white van up the road. #morcombe @abcnews

Witness Stephen Salmon tells court he was riding motorbike when he saw a white van near o/pass. Didn't see any people. #morcombe @abcnews

news.com.au ‏@newscomauHQ 32m
Man tells of how he saw “scared” boy with 3 men, a blue car & white van, about 6pm day Daniel #Morcombe vanished. | http://bit.ly/1jyGHaj

#Morcombe jury hears from 2 witnesses who saw a white van parked near Kiel Mountain Road overpass on 7 Dec 2003 @9NewsBrisbane

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 58m
The court has heard McLean called Cowan several times when Cowan was arrested and charged with murder. #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 59m
Witness Leslie McLean, who spent time in prison with Jackway and knew Cowan, has been accused of telling Cowan where Daniel's remains were.

Associate of Cowan's denies he told Cowan someone else had told him where Daniel #Morcombe was buried @9NewsBrisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23