Trial Discussion Thread #1 - 14.03.03-06, Day 1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woot got it. I bet we are about to lose power though.

Roux is asking the witness to explain what she meant when she said earlier that "it was a confusing evening".

Now Ms. Burger is testifying in English.

Ah, I knew the whole translator problem would come out--even predicted it would be better for her to just speak in English!

i think the translator is kind of helping the witness in a way, because it is a good buffer. Roux is being such a jerk and rude, that it helps to have a person speaking in between them.

Now Roux is trying to put words in her mouth.

Desperation from "brilliant" DT?

Again no objections from PT or Judge.

OMG I want to punch Roux in the face so bad right now!

Good morning/afternoon/night everyone!

Roux should not be allowed to ask this witness about what her husband heard.That is for when he testifies.

Sickening from Roux and also that PT and Judge do not object to this.

Exactly, I am shocked there are no objections to this line of questioning. All she can testify to is what she heard but he is like a dog with a bone trying to put words in her mouth. Very astute women hope she won't allow herself to be intimidated into answering his way but she is holding up well !!

Roux is sooooooooo rude it is ridiculous. I think the judge is annoyed by it too. I hope so anyway.

Witness testifying in English. Describes the events as extremely traumatising. She specifically states that Reeva's screams were petrifying.

Clarifying she prefers Afrikaans (native language) but can speak both. She is offering to testify in English for the benefit of the court but after discussion remains speaking in Afrikaans.

(Condescending, imo) defense accuses witness of speculating. Witness clarifies she could hear Reeva's voice until just after the final shot, when it faded away. Witness says she didn't have a stopwatch to time screaming vs. shots. She says she was woken by screaming. Heard both yelling for help. Called security. Then heard 'petrified screams' and shots. Most helpless feeling she's ever had.

Just BEFORE the gunshots, the screams became blood-curdling. Can't describe it, but she knew it was a scream that demonstrated that woman's life was in danger. (Not verbatim, fyi, but close.)

Finally got Wats to work. Pray we don't lose power now lol.

Did anyone catch what field the witness' doctorate is in?

Well, it appears that Roux is trying to assert that the witness's statement last year to the investigator is slightly different than what's she's testifying to in court today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson