*Arrest* Holly Bobo investigation- TBI press conference 5 March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ribbons you saw in the photo were from today. Everyone knew about the press conference.

Gotcha! Good deal, I mean its not like it really matters, I was just curious.
I just logged on a little while ago and read there was a press conference as well as everyone's posts on what was said I the conference (thank you to those who watched or listened and posted the news for those of is who were not aware or did not have access to the internet at that time)

I Do wonder if more arrests will be made. I am on the fence if there may be or not. But I do think that LE has something really significant to hand down those charges. That was also a fast arrest after vacating the property on Adams Lane or whatever they call it.

I've traveled that area a lot over the years with my work, its so sad to know she may have been (can't say for sure because LE has not told if remains were found or not) just right down the road from where I passed so many times.

This is a good time to discuss something important ~ Do not let a person remove you from your property without a fight. If there is anyway you can stay with your house, car, etc., do it. If someone is there that could hear you or help you, fight.
IF ZA had a knife, and I suspect he did and this is how Holly's blood ended up at the scene, she might could have screamed, cried, kicked and fought in the carport/garage area. Its a tough call to decide what to do at the moment. But once a perp removes you from the scene, your chances of survival go way down.
Something to think about ahead of time...because this happened suddenly and caught Holly off-guard. She was likely startled and dropped her drink can. Maybe when Clint thought he heard Holly say, "No, why," ZA was asking is there anybody here. Maybe Holly thought she could handle the situation...and talk ZA down a bit. I might think that too.
But strictly going by statistics, do not let an abductor get you in his vehicle unless he has a gun. With a knife, you have a chance to fight and run.
Just food for thought.
I'm sick.

Doesn't automatically mean relatives...could be distant family, friends, friends of friends, co-workers, employers, etc etc.

Right, so when being selected for Grand Jury and they ask you under oath if you are at least 6 degrees away from the suspect then how can you honestly answer that? You wouldnt necessarily know.

I asked on the other thread right before it got closed. Its going to bug me all night unless I know.

Can someone explain what was meant by a grand jury member having to have 6 degrees of separation from the suspect?

Like how in the world would anyone know that? Your cousin of a cousin could be related so how would one know?

It's all about fairness and justice, and in the real world it wouldn't go out that far. If a Grand Jury member didn't know they were related, then it probably wouldn't matter. But it could be used to cast doubt on the indictment.

In the vast majority of cases someone would know immediately whether they have a connection with the person and it would be more like three degrees of separation.

Example: You couldn't be a sister-in-law or niece, but you also couldn't be a hunting buddy, own land with them, go to church with them, etc.

At any rate, we aren't here to trash the Adams family, are we? Surely we can agree to disagree on this point and move on, yes?

I asked on the other thread right before it got closed. Its going to bug me all night unless I know.

Can someone explain what was meant by a grand jury member having to have 6 degrees of separation from the suspect?

Like how in the world would anyone know that? Your cousin of a cousin could be related so how would one know?

Six degrees of separation is the theory that everyone and everything is six or fewer steps away, by way of introduction, from any other person in the world, so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people in a maximum of six steps

Six degrees of separation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At any rate, we aren't here to trash the Adams family, are we? Surely we can agree to disagree on this point and move on, yes?

Yes, All I was trying to say, is my heart goes out to ALL right now, I cannot be no other way~

This is a good time to discuss something important ~ Do not let a person remove you from your property without a fight. If there is anyway you can stay with your house, car, etc., do it. If someone is there that could hear you or help you, fight.

For a long time after my sister's death I was anti-gun and afraid of guns. Which, I think, was natural. Now, however, I am a strong proponent of self defense. I took the steps to get a concealed carry permit, train on a regular basis (was at the range today) and will never let myself be a victim again. I'd rather die trying to defend myself, or make some dirt bag die trying to hurt me, than just die by doing nothing.

I'm also feeling relieved that the TBI and FBI had a theory and somehow the "bits and pieces" clicked into place. Over time all the evidence and maybe even the motive will come out, and somehow that's strangely comforting. So much better than just trying to pull theories out of mid-air.

Really, when you get an indictment like this, the case starts all over again and we can deal more with the facts and less with speculation.

I'm really happy that people on Facebook can shut up about Clint!!! At least I hope they will.

BBM!

I couldn't agree with you more. It has upset me so badly seeing Clint crushed into the ground at the worst time of his life. I hate speculation and rank accusations based on nothings! The Bobos are real people with real hearts who hurt just like all of us when untruths are said over and over again.

Not only did the Bobos have to endure losing their precious daughter/sister but had to go through hell being falsely accused. I cant begin to imagine the pain it gave them. And they could do nothing about it but sit there and endure it for three long years.

I read they were even death threats made against Clint. What a dirty rotten shame.

I hope and pray the naysayers will think twice next time about accusing someone without a shred of evidence to back it up.:mad:

IMO

For a long time after my sister's death I was anti-gun and afraid of guns. Which, I think, was natural. Now, however, I am a strong proponent of self defense. I took the steps to get a concealed carry permit, train on a regular basis (was at the range today) and will never let myself be a victim again. I'd rather die trying to defend myself, or make some dirt bag die trying to hurt me, than just die by doing nothing.

I think you and I may have had discussions about that topic way back when. Glad to hear you have taken proactive steps for your own piece of mind. :)

You guys need to leave the Adams family alone. I know everyone is upset and wants to blame someone, but evil can come from any family. Unless they come out with some information on the mainstream media that they were at fault, we need to be respectful to them.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IF ZA had a knife, and I suspect he did and this is how Holly's blood ended up at the scene, she might could have screamed, cried, kicked and fought in the carport/garage area. Its a tough call to decide what to do at the moment. But once a perp removes you from the scene, your chances of survival go way down.
Something to think about ahead of time...because this happened suddenly and caught Holly off-guard. She was likely startled and dropped her drink can. Maybe when Clint thought he heard Holly say, "No, why," ZA was asking is there anybody here. Maybe Holly thought she could handle the situation...and talk ZA down a bit. I might think that too.
But strictly going by statistics, do not let an abductor get you in his vehicle unless he has a gun. With a knife, you have a chance to fight and run.
Just food for thought.
I'm sick.

Good advice. Only thing is, I would rather get shot on the spot then get in some idiots vehicle even if he had a gun. That way my family could find my body, and I would die quickly and not get tortured first. I probably read this forum too much.

Another example of six degrees - if your employer is related by marriage to the perpetrator, if his wife is a cousin even twice removed but they grew up together, you as a member of the Grand Jury might have some reason to vote No on the true bill (so you can keep your job and keep your boss happy). Well, they won't want you on the jury then.

You have to think of all these things under the law because it could render the whole thing shady.

Just food for thought.
I'm sick.

I hear ya. Exactly. I heard an expert years ago discuss this. If there is a knife or gun run,scream whatever. That's your only chance. Harder to shoot a running target and perp may not want to attract the attention. Once you are with them and taken to the secondary scene your toast.

Wouldn't H.Sullivan be able to identify him as her attempted kidnapper if he was involved in that situation too?

I know HS personally. She is not able to speak publicly as to whether or not he was the one who tried to abduct her. But, this is the reason that I believe that LE has had him in their sites from the beginning.

Thank you for answering that. I seen a photo and they looked brand new. It could have been a photo taken long ago and then used today I suppose. Just knowing it is a small town you cant help but wonder what kinds of things are known and settled behind closed doors.

Honesty, the pink bows were replaced by the community, as they became worn or faded due to the elements. Pink was Holly Bobo's favorite color. They were placed all over Parsons, TN only days after her abduction to keep her memory alive and for awareness. I purchased (donation only) several pink bows on 04/24/2011 at the search command center and placed them along with her flyer on every Waffle House door enroute home to north GA.
If anyone drove through Parsons, TN, the pink bows would instinctly cause them to ask 'Why'?

This bow awareness strategy has been iniated in Myrtle Beach, SC a few days ago. Heather Elvis's favorite color was Teal...

https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong
Stay Strong by Heather Cohen

Just food for thought.
I'm sick.

This is JMO and I have role played this in my mind many times to be prepared. Im not trying to convince anybody to do anything different but just sharing how I would hope to be able to handle certain things.

Like you indicated there are certain situations that if I was in them, I would throw caution to the wind and either run for it, try to fight, or die trying.

The way I think about it is if the person is likely to kill me anyway, then I would rather die trying to get away right then and there.

Each situation is different and when to make that kind of call is a tough decision and it would likely have to be a very quick decision.

I once had an old Vietnam friend who always told me about how in certain Vietnam situations they were in they assumed they were already dead. That allowed them to make bold moves to survive.

I hear ya. Exactly. I heard an expert years ago discuss this. If there is a knife or gun run,scream whatever. That's your only chance. Harder to shoot a running target and perp may not want to attract the attention. Once you are with them and taken to the secondary scene your toast.

Agreed. NEVER go quietly. And get as much DNA as you possibly can...scratch, bite, pull hair , etc.

Well, she did argue, didn't she? Clint has always said he heard an argument in the garage. She probably tried to run back into the house, but was blocked from it.

I don't care how brave someone is ordinarily, when that knife comes out fear takes over and she was probably just trying to survive. I think some things are out of a victim's control, and if we start putting it back on Holly, then it's blaming the victim for not screaming enough or running away. This guy was a LOT bigger than her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!