*Arrest* Holly Bobo investigation- TBI press conference 5 March 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on his 14 page rap sheet, one question.......why the heck was he not in prison? It's very scary to think that the court system has failed us and because of their failure, Holly was taken from her family. And how many other innocent victims must pay the price for the court's failure? (okay, that is 2 questions)

SMH.

BBM: EXACTLY! And I'm sure this has much to do with the "enabling" that his family has been doing. ZA's family has been in denial about his character, attributing it all to his "addiction"...At some point, that same addiction will change his character forever...There are many that struggle with addictions. Meth addiction is not the same. I've seen this drugs destruction first hand countless times. It's not to be taken lightly at all! The judge, or judges in his past arrests, should have of course mandated rehab, however a court appointed 30, 60 even 90 day stint in a rehab is not going to keep him clean. He does not know how to live life like a normal functioning member of society. I also am wondering what on God's green earth it takes to be listed on the Tennessee meth offender registry??.

I think the infuriating part about it is they were in denial publicly but not in real life when being around him. His mom and stepdad took out a RSO on him and his father wrote a letter saying he was scared of him, iirc.

His mom knew he didn't shoot her accidentally but she probably told the court he did and that is why he got 6 months in rehab instead of jail time like he deserved. He shot her in the knee and could have crippled her for life but still she makes excuses for him.

Was his family so afraid if they did not make excuses for him it would be hell to pay? I think probably so.

It also takes bleeding heart judges to accept such ridiculous (non)punishment for violent crimes. So I think a lot of people let him get away with many things.

Also I think even the police department there looked the other way because his family was prominent in the community. I read he beat a woman senseless in the head on an asphalt pavement and served no time for it.

This creep shouldn't have ever been allowed to roam free. Even in February of this year he was still at his violent game against women.

There are a lot of people to blame for it but it is Holly who has suffered the most and her loving family who have been torn apart... never to be the same again.

IMO

In the past 3 years we have read many msm investigations of corruption and incompetency in the TN justice system. I could literally fill the page up with examples. Here is only one;

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wsmv/AdamsCH.pdf

District attorney, sheriff cited for misuse of confiscated items
Posted: Aug 17, 2011 10:32 AM EDT
Updated: Sep 14, 2011 10:45 AM EDT

BMW Z-3 improperly used by officials, said the report
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The state of Tennessee's Comptroller's office released a report Wednesday morning citing that a District Attorney General, who serves five western Middle Tennessee counties, misused several items confiscated during drug cases.

Officials who were supposed to oversee drugs, cash, weapons and other items confiscated during drug cases in Benton, Carroll, Decatur, Hardin and Henry Counties, failed to provide adequate oversight.

The report says this led to some of the items being stolen or misused, according to the Comptroller's Division of County Audit. The report was released following a review conducted with assistance from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

The report says the local drug task force staff did not follow adequate record-keeping or inventory management practices.
<sniped - read more>

I'm pretty sure that you won't find ANY state that doesn't have corruption and incompetency at some level or another. Just sayin....

Just finished catching up...

I feel such a mix of emotions right now. I'm saddened that Holly is no longer with us anymore, even though I'm sure it was the outcome we were all expecting. Hearing the suspicions confirmed just makes it all the more real. My heart is with all those that loved Holly, today is a difficult day, but at least now we can move closer towards getting justice.

I can't believe this monster was free to walk our streets, to take this beautiful girl from all those that loved her so much. So many signs leading up to this, and yet, apparently not enough to have him locked away where he couldn't hurt anyone else. At least now there will be no more victims, one small fact that gives me some relief. I hope this is thoroughly investigated, this poor girls death could have been so easily avoided.

I feel so numb after reading through all of this. Holly's was one of the cases I always hung on to here at WS, and it was one of the reasons I stayed. I almost expected this case to remain unsolved, but I'm so thankful that LE have been able to crack it and put this SOB in jail - where he belongs. It gives me hope that other cases will be solved too, there is always hope.

A sad day for all. I'm fighting back tears at work.

Rest in peace, beautiful Holly. Justice will be served. :rose:

7 charges on April 4, 2011, 9 days before Holly went missing.

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/wsmv/AdamsCH.pdf

Well, we can add cocaine to his list of drugs. On that day He was apparently selling it, along with a couple of other illegal substances not identified, "tampered with evidence" seems maybe he tried to toss his substances, "open container," and he was driving on a revoked/suspended license. Oh, he resisted arrest/assaulted an officer as well. Loose Canon, anyone?

Up thread it was mentioned that people were afraid to talk to the police until ZA was safely behind bars, and now that he is people "are talking."

Heck, the rap sheet doesn't go back to when he shot his own mother in the leg. Kid's been quite messed up for a very long time.

This is the first case ever for me that LE refuses to answer if they found a body or not.

I'm pretty sure that you won't find ANY state that doesn't have corruption and incompetency at some level or another. Just sayin....

From my research of investigation strategies of many agencies from various states. The LE agencies that utilize the antiquated silence strategy have the most to loose from transparency...
(LUV this Quote)
Criminal Profiler Pat Brown said…

We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled.

It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn’t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetance, and error? We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens.

Somehow “the interest of the state” seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state is the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution.

Yeah but I wonder how much he weighed back in 2011.

IMO

If my memory serves me right, I think it was reported that the abductor was around 6' and 200 lbs.......but since he was dressed in hunting clothes, he probably did appear to weigh more

Strange all the way through and liable to get stranger now proofs must be proffered.

Anybody remember the very first day and the bogus "Amber Alert" issued by some media (with TBI endorsement?? who knows now) in Tennessee, seeking a "20-year-old child" (max Amber age: 17) kidnapped near Darden? We were all trying to find if Tennessee's Amber guidelines differed from other states. No they didn't. TBI insisted they'd released only a "media alert." First inclination the case might follow an odd path....

BBM If we were to list all the odd twists and turns of this case, I think we'd be here all night. The only thing that will avert future oddness is perhaps a confession along with the location of Holly's body.

And on another note:
One reason Clint's version of events was so scrutinized is because very early on in the case someone asked LE if Clint or Drew were suspects. LE responded by saying "no one has been cleared." LE never returned to the public in print or presser to state that anyone had been cleared. This left Clint open, as well as Drew, to much speculation. I don't blame any sleuthers for looking through suspicious eyes at Clint.

Those were just my opinions on how I think it all happened.

Nothing more than that. That is why I said "I think' and "IMO.":)

I never once said they were facts.

Sorry for the confusion.

Not to worry. I was just looking for a link if they had said something like that.

This is the first case ever for me that LE refuses to answer if they found a body or not.

I don't think they found a body, so they couldn't answer that question. But I do think they found evidence that a crime had been committed, which means possibly hair, dna, bodily fluids, personal items. And maybe now that ZA is in jail without bond people will come forward without being afraid of him.

Clearly he was a scary sociopath-type guy who didn't understand limits and I can see why people might hesitate to run to the police and rat him out.

As it stands right now it's a test question to anyone that wants to offer information in exchange for the deal at door #3.

OK, I'll jump here. Latest mug shot of ZA, and Suspect

chilling, really.

Would Clint be able to identify ZA or any physical characteristics? I can't remember if he saw his face or not that morning.

Wow! Am I reading this correctly? I'll admit, I haven't had much experience in reviewing arrest records, however it sure seems like many of his arrests had sentences that reflect reduced charges, dismissals, etc.

One in particular, labeled on arrest record as "cycle 12", reflects an event date of 11/9/2009, and appears to reflect that he should have served 3 years in the W. TN state prison. Had he been incarcerated, he wouldn't have been roaming free on the day Holly disappeared...

Just an amazing turn of events that all seemed to happen in a blink of an eye once it got started. Thoughts and prayers out to the Bobo family first and foremost.

Having just caught up yet again, I have to say, LE must have some really solid evidence that establishes death and ties it to ZA. The DA's job is not going to be an easy one in this case. So many people pointing the fingers at so many other people for so many years have done half of the job for any defense lawyer. Just pick the best one or two options and run with them. That's one reason why dealing in rumors and gossip does no good. At some point the stories legitimize themselves and give ammunition to poke holes at the prosecution's case. The GJ decision doesn't give me the confidence because that is expected. The DA making the decision to take it to the GJ gives me the confidence that they have a whole heck of a lot more than we can imagine.

Regarding other arrests, the other thing to consider that I don't think was mentioned is they may be trying to sift through whether or not any persons are accessories after the fact or helped cover the crime up. Maybe not involved in the actual taking and killing, but knew and took steps to help conceal the crime afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised if others are arrested as active participants, but I would be even less surprised if others aren't charged with covering up the crime after the fact.

If HS truly believes ZA matches her attacker, I truly worry that there are others out there. If he was involved in the HS attack, it obviously wasn't a case of Holly knowing something that could be used against ZA. It's a case of ZA being yet another sick you know what that gets his "excitement" from controlling, dominating and exerting the ultimate power over a helpless victim. What a coward.

Some full blown narcissists do cop pleas. The Mickey Shunick case is an example. The difficulty will be, though, that the state will have to put a full blown press on still, keep the pressure up, make it appear that more and more is coming out and that the death penalty is inevitable. At that point, he will believe saving his own *advertiser censored* is the most important thing and that somehow, not allowing the state to kill him is a victory for him in some warped way.

I would be surprised, though, if he gave a full confession. I could see him spouting his mouth to others though. He appears to be smug and arrogant and the longer this case seemed to go no where and the more of a cluster frick it became, I can see him getting cockier and cockier that he beat the system yet again and made the mistake of making some comment to someone who wouldn't keep his secret.

At this point, I really hope that the DA and LE take a page out of the Shunick book. It seemed like as soon as the buzz of one piece of new information came out, another fact was being disclosed. It kept the pressure cooker boiling and I think played a large part in the ultimate plea and confession. If they simply allow things to go quiet, yeah, I'd be surprised if he pleads out.

Another thing to consider, if they haven't actually found Holly, would you offer a plea agreement that gives him life without parole in exchange for not only a full confession obviously but also in return for him taking LE to Holly so her family can bring her home.
I expressed feelings similar to this earlier, thought I admit I didn't have much time to lay some ideas out, but I am very much in line with your thinking. The part the defenses job having been started already is an interesting point IMO. I'm not sure how many witnesses are going to stand up to a thorough cross (I shiver thinking about this part). I'm not sure how any of the early evidence collected is going to play out considering how chaotic the scene was and HB's family mentioning they were the ones out there moving people away from potential evidence and putting up their own tape (lawn chairs was it?) around the blood.
We have the possibility of evidence being corroborated by people with similar backgrounds to ZA, with access to his property. I could go on but I'll stop there for now.
I truly hope that the more recent evidence is iron clad and doesn't need very much explanation to put this all together.
Also, the death penalty is very tricky in TN right now, next month they will be attempting their first execution in nearly five years and have executed only 6 people since 1960. - http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2013/10/23/tennessees-death-penalty-is-back-on-track/3168925/

As it stands right now it's a test question to anyone that wants to offer information in exchange for the deal at door #3.

And I wonder if the rewards are still in play? They barely touched on that during the press conference, and with feelings running high there it's probably best that no one knows who actually started this new series of events.

While this guy seems like a lone-wolf, he also clearly could involved others in the crime or the cover-up, and they would be afraid to cross him. So I hope those people start talking soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr