Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passengers can sustain up to 2 months if plane crashed at sea, says geostrategist

http://my.news.yahoo.com/passengers-sustain-2-months-plane-crashed-sea-says-151841623.html

The Kelantan police have received four reports from members of the public in connection with the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) MH370 which went missing en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur last Saturday.

Kelantan police chief Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman said the reports were lodged from Sunday until yesterday with complainants claiming that they saw an aircraft, believed to be MH370, at several locations.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/kelantan-police-receive-four-reports-related-missing-mh370-144153642.html

A lot of these leads are not gonna pan out. This is just like 100's of people saw Caylee all over the US. When investigators ran the leads down they all were dead ends. This is what happens when the news is so big. People from all over the world are going to claim they saw this plane. I am willing to bet that a lot of these will also lead to dead ends. Not saying that these people are doing it feshisiously.

Guys as far as we can tell right now these pilots are victims. And we CANNOT sleuth victims.

This situation is just getting more and more insane!

Let's think about it....if they knew about the change in course from the start why wouldn't they tell us? They either did not know or they have a reason to lie. There was manpower, time and money wasted looking in the wrong areas. If they knew why would they do this?? Why? What's the most logical reason?

IMO someone does not want the plane found.

So basically, now we are to assume the plane lost all power and communication, and somehow glided from 35,000 ft. to the west to the Malacca Straight. :waitasec: I suppose that is possible, but the question still remains - WHY? I still suspect some sort of hijack or terrorism. I just don't believe this plane stopped mid air.

BTW - Can we please stop blowing the margins with large pictures? Makes it very difficult to read! :maddening: Resize them if they are too big, please! :tyou:

I posted an image and resized it to 500x which usually fits ok.... Sorry about that! I resized it to 400x and it looks much smaller now, and I replaced the original on photobucket, so it changed it for every image (it has been quoted, so it worked for all of them). :seeya:

Flight 93 was not shot down. It was brought down by the passengers on the plane who decided to take it down rather then risk having it crash into another landmark. This was covered by 9/11 and it was a group of passengers that overtook the plane from the high-jackers.

We know passengers called and got into the cockpit shortly before it went down because of the cell phone call. If a plane that has been hijacked does not respond to communication by military aircraft sent to intercept it...they shoot it down. (Wife of a USAF crew chief on heavy aircraft)

The transponder is one of the biggest clues for me. It was on and functioning, and then it wasnt. It HAD to be turned off since we know the plane continued to fly. This to me is the strongest evidence so far that there was some sort of nefarious and intentional act going on.

This whole transponder thing is very hard to wrap my head arround.

This one little device is the only thing on the plane that lets someone know where it is and it is completely in the control of whoever has the plane?

I understand that radar sees a plane ,but without the transponder they dont know which plane they are seing.

I guess I just dont understand why we dont have 10 planes or more a month go missing.

A lot of these leads are not gonna pan out. This is just like 100's of people saw Caylee all over the US. When investigators ran the leads down they all were dead ends. This is what happens when the news is so big. People from all over the world are going to claim they saw this plane. I am willing to bet that a lot of these will also lead to dead ends. Not saying that these people are doing it feshisiously.

My sister sent me a picture of my niece that I would have sworn on a bible was a picture of Caylee.
It was after Caylee's remains were found... (my niece was born in 2009) but it looked EXACTLY like her. :scared:

However, it is clearly understandable to mistake one human for another.
Mistaking anything for a 777 flying very low is definitely something else entirely. :twocents:

I posted an image and resized it to 500x which usually fits ok.... Sorry about that! I resized it to 400x and it looks much smaller now, and I replaced the original on photobucket, so it changed it for every image (it has been quoted, so it worked for all of them). :seeya:

Generally 700 pixels or smaller is fine. I don't believe your picture was the issue. :seeya:

We know passengers called and got into the cockpit shortly before it went down because of the cell phone call. If a plane that has been hijacked does not respond to communication by military aircraft sent to intercept it...they shoot it down. (Wife of a USAF crew chief on heavy aircraft)

Right I understand this, however I just wanted to clarify that the passengers took the plane down not the military.

When I first joined WS it boggled my mind that people could go missing and never be found. I knew people went missing but in my mind almost all of them were found (alive or deceased). Almost all of the cases I followed were not solved and it freaked me out.

NOW, a whole plane with 239 people on board is missing. How can this be?? Yes, the world is a big place but not that big!!!! After all, how many time do we say 'what a small world'!!

I know it's just a saying but I'm really freaked out now.

Right I understand this, however I just wanted to clarify that the passengers took the plane down not the military.

We do not know this for fact. We know they were planning and headed into the cockpit. We do not know what happened after that and we know jets were sent to intercept it. We have no communication verified between those jets and flight 93 by the passengers. We only have tidbits on a family members cell phone of what was planned to overthrow the hijackers.

I've changed my thoughts from double engine failure to hijack attempt and military response. They've known where it went (soon as it lost communication and radar) and when it turned. They knew with no ability to keep other planes informed of it's path, and no idea what was going on...they had to deal with the threat. I believe military responded with force. The past few days have been to make sure it's never found and the military is not attacked for killing innocent passengers. I think the same happened to Flight 93. That was daytime in America, on open farmland and nobody saw it go down, or found any big pieces of debris. Just my own opinion as always.

Ah Flight 93, shanksville iirc, hubby and I have friends from the deep creek lake area in md. That area is very country/rural, farm folk if you know what I mean, damn good people. Well the comment from them was that friends in shanksville area said there was debris found 7 miles north of the crash site. That's all I got to say about it, jmo idk

No worries! Like MsF said, I don't think it was yours that caused the issue. For future, prior to posting pictures you can "preview post" prior to actually posting to see if it is too big. HTH! :seeya: It's just a pain when the margins blow to read here. I know I'm not the only one! :)

Hopefully when the sun rises again in Malaysia everyone will be on the same page as far as the search is concerned.

bbm

I posted an article earlier how it only goes into automatic mode once you hit 29,000 ft. I'll have to go back find the link - it explained it really well, how it could drop off the radar and keep flying.

ETA: Here it is:

No, the transponder will continuously work at all altitudes. The higher the plane is, the larger the range of signal reception (called squawk).
As soon as the switch is placed 'on' it squawks continuously until turned off.

For instance a pilot on final approach for a landing will be squawking a transponder code all the way through the landing and during taxi (in case of fog) all the way to the parking gate under positive radar contact.

Civilian radar sees airplanes really well when they're high in the sky. When they drop lower, they lose the ability to see the airplane.

The transponder is a beacon saying, 'here I am, here I am and you know my number'.

The transponder will not turn off or squawk slower because of the aircraft's lower altitude but the range of the squawk signal diminishes the lower the altitude.

Maybe we're discussing two different angles?

We do not know this for fact. We know they were planning and headed into the cockpit. We do not know what happened after that and we know jets were sent to intercept it. We have no communication verified between those jets and flight 93 by the passengers. We only have tidbits on a family members cell phone of what was planned to overthrow the hijackers.

Not gonna argue but I believe that we had information proving that they passengers took down the plane in Shanksville PA. But I guess its a moot point right now.

It crashed into a field near the Diamond T. Mine in Stonycreek Township, Pennsylvania near Indian Lake and Shanksville, during an attempt by some of the passengers to regain control, killing all 44 people aboard including the four hijackers

Subsequent analysis of the Flight Recorder recovered from the crash site revealed how the actions taken by the passengers prevented the aircraft from reaching the hijackers' intended target.

Two F-16fighter jets from the 121st Fighter Squadron of the DC Air National Guard were scrambled and ordered to intercept Flight 93; the pilots intended to ram it since they did not have time to arm the jets.[104] They never reached Flight 93 and did not learn of its crash until hours afterwards

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93"]United Airlines Flight 93 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I don't believe that the air force jets even got anywehre close to 93. And I believe the cockpit voice recorder picked up the sound of the passengers trying to get in and the hijackers saying that they were just going to put the plane into the ground. Thats good enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid