Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say what offends me more, the fact that the defense would use this lame strategy, or the fact that there are actually people in this world that are stupid enough to believe it.

Things of that nature play to us on a subconscious level. Oft times, we don't even realize it. Certain colors for certain emotional reactions, certain positions to help to invoke a sense of trust, certain clothes that help diminish stature, etc. etc. Every good attorney (and other marketers, heh!) know and employ these tactics, sometimes very successfully.

If I were a defense attorney, would I use them? Absolutely. And I hope ZA's attorney uses them too, along with every other trick in the book to force the prosecution to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. So much the better if and when he's convicted.

I don't know how to go about finding out, but I believe if the prosecution goes for the DP I think he has to have a DP qualified attorney on the defense. So I don't know what attorney's are DP qualified in TN.

So even if he has a regular attorney to get discovery and all that, I believe even if the state has to appoint one I think he gets a DP qualified attorney so if convicted he can't call foul. JMO

Looks like an Honor System for Capital Cases in TN courts... http://www.tncourts.gov/sites/default/files/docs/01_31_14attorneylist.pdf

And... looks like they have to have at least 12 hours 'training'...
Tennessee
Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 13-3 (2001) outlines the minimum qualifications for counsel in capital cases:

The court shall appoint at least two attorneys to represent a defendant at trial in a capital case. At least one of the attorneys appointed must maintain a law office in the state of Tennessee and have significant experience in Tennessee criminal trial practice. The counsel appointed shall be designated "lead counsel" and "co-counsel." Lead counsel must be a member in good standing of the Tennessee bar or be admitted to the practice pro hac vice; have for at least three years regularly represented defendants in criminal jury trials; have had a minimum of twelve hours of specialized training in the defense of defendants charged with a capital offense; and have at least one of the following: experience as lead counsel in the jury trial of at least one capital case; experience as co-counsel in the trial of at least two capital cases; experience as co-counsel in the trial of a capital case and experience as lead or sole counsel in the jury trial of at least one murder case; or experience as lead counsel or sole counsel in at least three murder jury trials; or one jury trial and three felony trials.

Co-counsel must: be a member in good standing of the Tennessee bar or be admitted to practice pro hac vice; have had a minimum of 12 hours of specialized training in the defense of defendants charged with a capital offense; and have at least one of the following qualifications: qualify as lead counsel, experience (sic) as sole counsel, lead council, or co-counsel in a murder jury trial.

From http://www.ncsc.org/topics/access-and-fairness/indigent-defense/state-links.aspx?cat=Capital+Case+Representation#Tennessee

During the hearing today I think Mr + Mrs Bobo and son were all present today. Im glad they are participating in seeing justice done for Holly.

One of the things about this case that first brought me to it was how strikingly pretty she was. A very beautiful girl. I try to remember that every victim is important no matter what they look like however when I first saw pictures of Holly I was mesmerized by how pretty she was. She commanded attention just based on her looks alone.

I hate to think that her looks alone may have made her a target of some creeps. If it ends up that she was being stalked at the Coon hunt then it seems that is very possible. Which also makes me think that there can be a connection to the Sullivan case. She looked very similar to her IMO.

When the Sullivan case was being talked about I always had wondered if the 2 cases could be connected.

I suppose they could but but I personally don't think so. And the fact that someone confessed and recanted is meaningless. There may be similarities in the cases due to the lifestyle of the suspects. Half of the meth heads in the court system in any given county probably have similar rap sheets. JMOO

Carla Lashelle, there are many parallels in the two cases. HB & MS were both TN nursing students.
DFJ has recanted his confession for Megan's abduction/murder and has filed an appeal.. ZA & DFJ's rap sheets are synonymous, right down to the anhydrous ammonia(meth) charges. They both began their violence against women at a very early age and have very persistent enablers..

TN - Burning Body of Erika Megan Sharpton Found Along Road, Tullahoma - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Current Events > Crimes in the News
TN - Burning Body of Erika Megan Sharpton Found Along Road, Tullahoma

Suspect seeks to change plea in death of nursing student

Posted: Nov 06, 2012
http://www.wsmv.com/story/20012882/megan-sharpton-plea-deal-donnie-jones

The female attorney is not a defense attorney tactic. There was no defense attorney to make that type of decision.

If following the news, you would know that his family hired this lady. (For how long, or how far we do not yet know.)

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The man accused of kidnapping and killing Holly Bobo will face a judge for the first time in the case Tuesday, and his family has now hired an attorney to represent him.

Search for Holly Bobo - 2/28/14
Jennifer Lynn Thompson will represent Zachary Adams. Thompson is perhaps best known for working with the defense for Torry Hansen, the Shelbyville mother who sent her adopted son back to Russia in 2010

Link:

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24936685/attorney-retained-as-search-continues-near-adams-property

If you checked today's news, you will see this indeed was his attorney today. Continuing throughout the case is yet unknown. Most likely meaning, not yet paid for to be the attorney throughout a very costly and lengthy trial. Passing the pillow case will not raise enough money for this kind of attorney fee, jmo.

Attorney Jennifer Lynn Thompson represented Adams at the arraignment. It will be determined by the April 9 hearing whether she will continue to be his attorney.

Link:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...lty-arraignment-killing-kidnapping-Holly-Bobo

A follow up on my last post on this case. Someone needs to contact a satellite imaging service to look at the area the morning Holly was kidnapped.

Right now:

Crowdsourcing volunteers comb satellite photos for Malaysia Airlines jet

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/us/ma...ourcing-search/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

I posted this suggestion a few pages ago, that with all of the hundreds of high res imaging satellites criss crossing the earth, scanning every square meter multiple times a day, this could help solve the mystery of where they took her to. In this case, only about 60 square miles needs to be looked at- if that.

Thanks Pieper. I read earlier today that there are no qualified dp lawyers but two public defenders were taking the 12 hour course. (I can't find the article now!)

In Caylee Anthony's case, Baez wasn't qualified but went from pro-bono to paid by the state, he brought in a death penalty qualified attorney. Back then iirc, you had to have been involved in 3 dp cases. That was FL though.

I'll link the article when I find it.

I don't know how to go about finding out, but I believe if the prosecution goes for the DP I think he has to have a DP qualified attorney on the defense. So I don't know what attorney's are DP qualified in TN.

So even if he has a regular attorney to get discovery and all that, I believe even if the state has to appoint one I think he gets a DP qualified attorney so if convicted he can't call foul. JMO

Death penalty case does require a death qualified attorney. A death qualified attorney has to have experience in at least one other death penalty case. Could have been lead attorney or second chair.

I suppose they could but but I personally don't think so. And the fact that someone confessed and recanted is meaningless. There may be similarities in the cases due to the lifestyle of the suspects. Half of the meth heads in the court system in any given county probably have similar rap sheets. JMOO

I agree, and Tennessee is one of the top Meth states in the country, unfortunately. Lots of places to hide labs, poor rural counties without jobs, it's easier to cook meth than grow pot.

But it's not just a southern states - the other top states are Missouri and Indiana:

Tennessee is the buckle of the Meth Belt, which stretches roughly from Oklahoma to South Carolina. For the better part of the past decade, Tennessee has been in the top three methamphetamine states in the nation, along with Missouri and Indiana.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140302/NEWS01/303020049/Meth-Tennessee-danger-next-door

Thanks Pieper. I read earlier today that there are no qualified dp lawyers but two public defenders were taking the 12 hour course. (I can't find the article now!)

In Caylee Anthony's case, Baez wasn't qualified but went from pro-bono to paid by the state, he brought in a death penalty qualified attorney. Back then iirc, you had to have been involved in 3 dp cases. That was FL though.

I'll link the article when I find it.
LOL. Not a single 'qualified' one? I missed that article. So we have this attorney whose claim to fame is the case of a mother shipping a Russian child back to an orphanage... with a "Thanks, but no thanks. He's got problems." note pinned to his shirt, so to speak. Interesting.

Did anyone get the impression that female attorney wants to be removed from this case and get someone else to take her place. There was talk about possibly changing counsel for him. I bet when she realized how many people hate her client, she wants no part of it.
No, not at all. She nodded in the affirmative when the judge mentioned the fact while she has not been officially entered as his representative he assumes she will the only who represents him, and officially be entered as his counsel at the hearing in April.

A follow up on my last post on this case. Someone needs to contact a satellite imaging service to look at the area the morning Holly was kidnapped.

Right now:

Crowdsourcing volunteers comb satellite photos for Malaysia Airlines jet

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/11/us/ma...ourcing-search/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

I posted this suggestion a few pages ago, that with all of the hundreds of high res imaging satellites criss crossing the earth, scanning every square meter multiple times a day, this could help solve the mystery of where they took her to. In this case, only about 60 square miles needs to be looked at- if that.

I like that idea and I believe it was even discussed around the time she went missing. I think the only problem is the satellite services would have to be focused on a certain area during a certain time frame and I dont think they can go back that far to get specific images of that area on that given day. Unless they are stored somewhere for that particular day. They would have to have a series of photos for a certain period of time to be able to see vehicles moving.

And I think there are limitations as far as zooming in from what I have seen in the past, it seems that type of searching would be best for larger objects like Planes or maybe even a vehicle but I dont think a person would be very easy to find if they were on foot.

Now that certain vehicles could be looked for, it would be best to look for a certain vehicle he had at the time rather than a person.

Here is another thing that was also discussed at the time was pulling all cell phone records for everybody at the time. Since the town was rather small, it seemed to a lot of us at the time that cell phone analysis could help find where they put her because certain people could have been elminated rather easily. Why this was not done at the time was confusing to a lot of us.

Hopefully, someone from Parsons, TN, area could answer this question.
Which attorneys are considered the "top gun" defense attorneys in TN?
TIA

It was said in court that this is just a temporary atty present for today's proceedings

According to what I've read from locals other places, she's one of the top defense attorneys in TN. I doubt she'd come to a 3 minute hearing in the middle of nowhere if she wasn't planning on being there for the long haul.
Then again, if the Adams can't pay her bill.......

I'm not surprised they don't have that many attorneys with capital murder experience in a rural county. This isn't the murder capital of the world. :)

And many defense attorneys probably migrate to larger cities in order to make money.

Lots of attorneys may have experience in court but in other fields, like civil cases or misdemeanors. Every time lawyers switch jobs they have to get new training every year to stay certified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23