Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that the air force jets even got anywehre close to 93. And I believe the cockpit voice recorder picked up the sound of the passengers trying to get in and the hijackers saying that they were just going to put the plane into the ground. Thats good enough for me.

I agree with you. But also it does not matter to me. Our country was under attack, that plane was headed to Washington,and our military had permission to blow it out of the sky. JMO

I think no matter what happen with the plane at this point I would like to see and audit of the whole Airlines fuel usage. I would like to see the measurement of the fuel usage ,then I would want to see an audit done on the the next airline.

Can one change the transponder code ? If they did would that then change the radar signal?

Well, Back to today..

So why did the malaysian govt keep information secret? Why would they not tell the world and the searchers? What would be to be gained?

We do not know this for fact. We know they were planning and headed into the cockpit. We do not know what happened after that and we know jets were sent to intercept it. We have no communication verified between those jets and flight 93 by the passengers. We only have tidbits on a family members cell phone of what was planned to overthrow the hijackers.

We also have the cockpit voice recorders and the official report on Flight 93. :twocents:

It's bad enough that 3,000 people died on 9/11.
Do we really need to try and diminish the bravery of the people on Flight 93 too?
:twocents:

I don't believe that the air force jets even got anywehre close to 93. And I believe the cockpit voice recorder picked up the sound of the passengers trying to get in and the hijackers saying that they were just going to put the plane into the ground. Thats good enough for me.

I agree. :seeya:
Flight 93 is one crash where we have more than enough information to determine what happened.
Unfortunately we do not have that information on MH370, so let's focus on that. :twocents:

Report from BBC webpage:

Jonathan Head

BBC News, Kuala Lumpur

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dreary brown shopping centre in the Kuala Lumpur suburb of Bukit Jalil offers a window into Malaysia's diverse immigrant communities. Africans, South Asians and Arabs mix with the local Chinese and Malay residents.

That's where I met Mohammad, a young Iranian student with a penchant for Gothic jewellery and fast cars. He knew the two men who boarded flight MH370; he went to school with one of them, Pouria Nour Mohammad Mehrdad, and they both stayed the night with him before the flight. He helped print out their emailed tickets, and spotted the different names on them from the stolen Italian and Austrian passports. He then took them to the airport.

<modsnip>

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26527439

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a possibility.

The plane depressurized for some reason, the pilot/copilot tried to take the plane to lower altitude and became incapacitated due to hypoxia. The plane continued to fly until it ran out of gas. This is what happened to Payne Stewart's (golfer) plane.

1999 South Dakota Learjet crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My partner thinks it was a fire in the electrical chute/hatch where all the electrics are side by side. It destroyed all the communications and navigational aids. Something about only one electrical "bus'

Now I have to shake off my headache from my lesson (still confused). lol!
Plus I'm further behind than ever.
But before I didn't even know what a transponder is exactly.
I guess a pilot can put/enter a code into one too (an emergency code) but that wouldn't apply in this case. Please, no more lessons today!

I keep going back to the phones ringing, I realise there are explanations as explained in previous posts for phones ringing but in my experience with phones they don't ring unless they have network - and it wouldn't explain so many of them doing this. By now they must have found at least a last trace of last whereabouts on at least one of these phones - I'm not buying that multiple phones are ringing or have rung if they were at the bottom of the ocean.
Why don't we have any info on these phones? someone must have at least texted or tweeted as they were on the ascent. I know the plane was not equipped with the system MA has but still, 239 passengers, that has to be at least 150 phones.
Surely if all these phones were at the bottom of the ocean, switched off or broken the phone lines would be going straight to voicemail?

I keep going back to the phones ringing, I realise there are explanations as explained in previous posts for phones ringing but in my experience with phones they don't ring unless they have network - and it wouldn't explain so many of them doing this. By now they must have found at least a last trace of last whereabouts on at least one of these phones - I'm not buying that multiple phones are ringing or have rung if they were at the bottom of the ocean.
Why don't we have any info on these phones? someone must have at least texted or tweeted as they were on the ascent. I know the plane was not equipped with the system MA has but still, 239 passengers, that has to be at least 150 phones.
Surely if all these phones were at the bottom of the ocean, switched off or broken the phone lines would be going straight to voicemail?
http://www./1167633/malaysia-airlines-cell-phones/

They said that because of where they are, That the extra rings are the phones and networks all trying to find each other??? Something like that.

IT makes sense. When I have bad service I can hear the rings kind of skip and re ring if that makes sense?

Think China search ships are moving to the correct search area?

Why would a plane want to turn off their tracking signal? Why is the signal not buried in a place that it can not be turned off?

That map just appears to show the known flight path of the plane up until it disappeared. I was wondering how far the plane could have flown on for before running out of fuel and if anyone could give a location based on the fuel load and the last known direction of the plane. :)

Acooding to oine of th e better aviation experts on cnn, it could fly an hour to an hour and a half after it lost contact Which would put it at about pulau perak

They said that because of where they are, That the extra rings are the phones and networks all trying to find each other??? Something like that.

IT makes sense. When I have bad service I can hear the rings kind of skip and re ring if that makes sense?

Yes, true I accept that, I still find it puzzling there is no info gleaned from any phone at all

Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
Now the hub is telling me that the radar that detected the plane isn't less sophisticated (as I heard reported on TV) but more sophisticated (military radar) because it tracked the plane without the transponder for over an hour. While ATC thought the plane just vanished.

Now in regard to the information above, if the plane was hijacked in order to be prepared for another attack (what I first thought to be likely, too), it would be impossible to go off military radar, wouldn't it?

If it was total electrical failure, the lights could still be on bc the core functions of the plane are located in a different place than the entertainment and lights apparently. think swissair

Re black box (still bothering me!)

Can they be switched off manually? My understanding was that they were bomb/sea/crash/everything proof so why on earth is it not pinging its location???

This to me seems the maddest part of this case.

cnn again, it only has 5 mile radius so is one of the littlest needles in the hatstack. It took 2 1/2 years to find air frances

I don't know what to think about the whole phone thing. :waitasec:

Mr. ST travels a lot. He now can text me while in mid air, which was never allowed before. Times are changing. I know I read a few things, that said this plane did not have the ability for that.... But there is still the phone network which has nothing to do with the plane. Especially at low altitude. I would think at a low altitude, SOMEONE would have been able to use their phone. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa