Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
cnn again, it only has 5 mile radius so is one of the littlest needles in the hatstack. It took 2 1/2 years to find air frances

No, they found debris in less than a week, verifying it had crashed.
It is understandable to take years to recover all plane parts and victims.
It should not take years to find any TRACE of the missing plane. :twocents:

This story is at the back of my mind all the time, I find it insanely unsettling that a plane could just vanish in such a mysterious way and that so many people right now are in agonising limbo not knowing what happened to their loved ones. My boyfriend thinks I'm getting a little obsessed and it's "just a plane crash" but this is just so mystifying -it's nice to be on here with all of you who feel the same way!

No, the transponder will continuously work at all altitudes. The higher the plane is, the larger the range of signal reception (called squawk).
As soon as the switch is placed 'on' it squawks continuously until turned off.

For instance a pilot on final approach for a landing will be squawking a transponder code all the way through the landing and during taxi (in case of fog) all the way to the parking gate under positive radar contact.

Civilian radar sees airplanes really well when they're high in the sky. When they drop lower, they lose the ability to see the airplane.

The transponder is a beacon saying, 'here I am, here I am and you know my number'.

The transponder will not turn off or squawk slower because of the aircraft's lower altitude but the range of the squawk signal diminishes the lower the altitude.

Maybe we're discussing two different angles?

bbm

Oh I agree about the transponder. From reading the article it seems like two radar systems, with one that tracks automatically after 29,000 ft. So that's what I was referring to. And, I know nothing of his stuff - just quoting from the article. It's an excellent read. :)

I don't know what to think about the whole phone thing. :waitasec:

Mr. ST travels a lot. He now can text me while in mid air, which was never allowed before. Times are changing. I know I read a few things, that said this plane did not have the ability for that.... But there is still the phone network which has nothing to do with the plane. Especially at low altitude. I would think at a low altitude, SOMEONE would have been able to use their phone. :twocents:

exactly!

How does everyone feel about the possibility that the plane was taken down by military based on the combination of losing contact, plane changing direction and then 2 people with fake passports being on board.

They said that because of where they are, That the extra rings are the phones and networks all trying to find each other??? Something like that.

IT makes sense. When I have bad service I can hear the rings kind of skip and re ring if that makes sense?

Then your phone is poorly pinging a tower or bouncing off of two towers .

Some phones hit the GPS via satelite . Really one would think the pilot would carry a satelite phone or any person who works a goverment job . Also any person would wanted to stick a GPS unit operated on the free satelite service anyone can use without wifi.

I just cannot buy this story that they do not have a clue what happen to this plane.

Then your phone is poorly pinging a tower or bouncing off of two towers .

Some phones hit the GPS via satelite . Really one would think the pilot would carry a satelite phone or any person who works a goverment job . Also any person would wanted to stick a GPS unit operated on the free satelite service anyone can use without wifi.

I just cannot buy this story that they do not have a clue what happen to this plane.

I'm beginning to slowly lean toward conspiracy theories myself, at least with the information being released. SOMEONE knows SOMETHING and is controlling release of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does everyone feel about the possibility that the plane was taken down by military based on the combination of losing contact, plane changing direction and then 2 people with fake passports being on board.

It's a possibility, except they didn't know about the fake passports at that time, that only got discovered when the passenger list was issued and Luigi (forget surname) contacted the police.

Which military would you suspect? It was in Malay waters, surely they wouldn't shoot down their own plane? It was heading towards Indonesia, do they have the capability?

I'm beginning to slowly lean toward conspiracy theories myself, at least with the information being released. SOMEONE knows SOMETHING and is controlling release of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is, whatever happens, whatever is proven, there are always gonna be conspiracy theorists who will not believe the reported result.

Not sure, but I so appreciate being here with folks who will (hopefully) intelligently and rationally discuss this possibility. You put it very simply and as much as I want to disregard this idea oputright, I find that I am struggling to do that. Thank you for your simplicity in asking this tough question without frills or sentiment.

In regards to people not using their phones, I think we have to remember this was a red eye flight and most of the plane was probably asleep. I know when I fly red eye it's usually just me and the flight attendants awake the entire flight because I'm paranoid and can't sleep on any form on transportation (even with sleeping pills:floorlaugh:.)

No, they found debris in less than a week, verifying it had crashed.
It is understandable to take years to recover all plane parts and victims.
It should not take years to find any TRACE of the missing plane. :twocents:

I meant to find the black boxes. They had subs out there looking and finally found it 2 1/2 years later, imo because fining links on my puter is so difficult

The thing is, whatever happens, whatever is proven, there are always gonna be conspiracy theorists who will not believe the reported result.

I think at this point, this is the only thing that is for sure.... There will be conspiracy theories until forever! :twocents:

Hi guys...morning here, just got the kids of to school and I think I have become obsessed with this plane!!!

So now the plot thickens and I hear on the news that the military had this on radar....and that it has gone totally of course and could have flown for about 1 hr 10 mins or similar..

One thing is obvious, we were not being told the full story from the beginning.....I wonder when the military actually told the airline officials etc??? as they have had everyone searching in one area, when the whole time the military knew they were in another area.

Or do I have that wrong?????

I find that suspicious alone that they were sitting on that info for a couple of days.

and Softail and Waddles, I'm with you re the phones.....I know its been explained, but I still think it very odd that those phones rang, and that no one got any texts etc out at a lower altitude!

And re everyone being asleep....nah I am another one that sleeps in 10 min burst or similar.....everytime turbulence is hit I am awake with a bang and cant sleep again....and when you look around the plane you are never the only one....

If it was being hijacked maybe they took all the phones and tech devices from everyone.... just thinking aloud..

very very odd case. And today I had a little glimmer of hope that maybe these people are alive on land somewhere......but it is only a little glimmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo