Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9048348&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Bail Hearing Documents *No Discussion*[/ame]

Paragrah 19 - they have the data - so is anyone with an iPhone going across the bridge? Maybe just stop for a minute, and see if a wifi network is broadcasting......

SUPREME AND DISTRICT COURTS BRISBANE

LAW LIST
Thursday 13 March 2014

SUPREME COURT OF QUEENSLAND

SUPREME COURT CRIMINAL SITTINGS
BADEN-CLAY Justice Byrne Court 12 Floor 5 9:15 AM
(Review - Legal Representatives Required)

Thanks Fuskier. I expect that this review is part of the case management procedures to make sure both sides are doing what they need to do to progress towards the upcoming trial. It's before the judge that will be the trial judge.

SUPREME AND DISTRICT COURTS BRISBANE

LAW LIST
Thursday 13 March 2014

SUPREME COURT OF QUEENSLAND

SUPREME COURT CRIMINAL SITTINGS
BADEN-CLAY Justice Byrne Court 12 Floor 5 9:15 AM
(Review - Legal Representatives Required)

Gee, this date nearly slipped by us. Thanks, Fuskier. It wasn't on the list from late last year.

Review??? Maybe he is pleading guilty :floorlaugh: (as if).

When it says Legal Representatives Required, does that mean he needs a new lawyer?

Cowan gone .........next please Mr G Baden-clay.

Today, I feel very proud of our QPS.
Not only did they have to secure an arrest; They had to be prepared for smart arse lawyers who might (and did) say he, Cowan was innocent. They might (and did) say he, Cowan was coerced or forced into making a guilty plea.
They had to two separate issues that required waterproofing.
Note: Those in the Right had to do the extra miles; not those in the Wrong. (Unable to grasp that notion.)
Anyone watching the QPS video would be left with no doubt whatsoever as to his guilt.
I personally thought "Fitzy" looked a bit like a detective and acted like one too. But apparently Cowan didn't think so. The Detective did an exceptional job IMO. Including eliciting "other" information; surreptitiously, innocently and quickly; that was also relevant.
The patience, perseverance, and attention to all manner of detail on the part of the QPS team was positively Sterling!
I also feel gratitude for their (QPS's) consideration for the family of the deceased.
It may dawn on the BC family one day, that Queensland mightn't necessarily be a hick state after all. And that QPS have today been proven professional, methodical, patient, cool calm and collected. Oh, it appears with a certain flair for creative lateral thinking to boot.

Later tonight there'll possibly be a report out about today's court sitting.

All I managed to catch on ABC radio midday news was...

Trial is expected to last five weeks.

Up to 280 witnesses will be called. (Don't quote me on the 280...it could have been 80 although I think there'd be far more than that...lol.)

Jury selection begins soon & all those selected will be given a however many pages long questionnaire to answer.

(pick me :))

Allison Baden-Clay murder trial: Jurors may be polled to detect bias against accused husband Gerard Baden-Clay

JURORS in the murder trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay could be polled by lawyers to see if they are biased .

The Supreme Court in Brisbane was yesterday told the quizzing of likely jurors was one of a range of pre-trial issues that needed to be clarified before Baden-Clay’s trial started in June.

The court was told lawyers for Baden-Clay intended to oppose any media applications to access exhibits for publication

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gerard-badenclay/story-fnihsrf2-1226854192676

Today, I feel very proud of our QPS.
Not only did they have to secure an arrest; They had to be prepared for smart arse lawyers who might (and did) say he, Cowan was innocent. They might (and did) say he, Cowan was coerced or forced into making a guilty plea.
They had to two separate issues that required waterproofing.
Note: Those in the Right had to do the extra miles; not those in the Wrong. (Unable to grasp that notion.)
Anyone watching the QPS video would be left with no doubt whatsoever as to his guilt.
I personally thought "Fitzy" looked a bit like a detective and acted like one too. But apparently Cowan didn't think so. The Detective did an exceptional job IMO. Including eliciting "other" information; surreptitiously, innocently and quickly; that was also relevant.
The patience, perseverance, and attention to all manner of detail on the part of the QPS team was positively Sterling!
I also feel gratitude for their (QPS's) consideration for the family of the deceased.
It may dawn on the BC family one day, that Queensland mightn't necessarily be a hick state after all. And that QPS have today been proven professional, methodical, patient, cool calm and collected. Oh, it appears with a certain flair for creative lateral thinking to boot.

beautifully said...absolutely agree with everything you said...thankyou xxxx

Allison Baden-Clay murder trial: Jurors may be polled to detect bias against accused husband Gerard Baden-Clay

JURORS in the murder trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay could be polled by lawyers to see if they are biased .

The Supreme Court in Brisbane was yesterday told the quizzing of likely jurors was one of a range of pre-trial issues that needed to be clarified before Baden-Clay’s trial started in June.

The court was told lawyers for Baden-Clay intended to oppose any media applications to access exhibits for publication

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gerard-badenclay/story-fnihsrf2-1226854192676

Nothing surprising in any of that.

1). purchase good supply on concealer for facial scars. (Lippy optional).

2) supply of tissues for huge nicks from govt. issued substandard razors.

3) look a little bit hurt in case Toni is there. She'll wait the 40 years for me.

4) write a quick note to Jerry in next cell - 'I'll see you tonight Hun'

5) make sure pet caterpillar is safe while away.

6) tell Jerry he can have the caterpillar if I'm transferred.

7) warn Jerry caterpillar can randomly attack & it hurts a little bit.

8) ask concierge where I can get a manicure, nice nails always impress.

9) do you think Toni might bring some fresh undies & a dry-cleaned suit?

10) where can I get some foils & highlights done, gives a nice healthy look.

11) tell Jerry you'll be back-it'll be Business as usual

In the Morcombe case, the judge told the jury that the prosecution called witnesses that didn't support their case so as to be fair to the defence. The main eg of this was the numerous witnesses who say they saw a blue car and also calling Douglas Jackway. This was not part of the prosecutions case. They said Cowen was driving his white car and acted alone. It also meant that Cowen's defence case was put to the jury not by witnesses called by the defence ( they didn't call any) but by the cross examination of witnesses called by the prosecution. Many of those witnesses were only cross examined on their statements, not even asked anything substantial by the prosecution.

So some or a lot of witnesses in the BC case that are called by the prosecution may be called for the same purpose, ie to be fair and not to support the prosecutions case.

3) look a little bit hurt in case Toni is there. She'll wait the 40 years for me.

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

In the Morcombe case, the judge told the jury that the prosecution called witnesses that didn't support their case so as to be fair to the defence. The main eg of this was the numerous witnesses who say they saw a blue car and also calling Douglas Jackway. This was not part of the prosecutions case. They said Cowen was driving his white car and acted alone. It also meant that Cowen's defence case was put to the jury not by witnesses called by the defence ( they didn't call any) but by the cross examination of witnesses called by the prosecution. Many of those witnesses were only cross examined on their statements, not even asked anything substantial by the prosecution.

So some or a lot of witnesses in the BC case that are called by the prosecution may be called for the same purpose, ie to be fair and not to support the prosecutions case.

Thanks Alioop. I find this an interesting approach. By bringing forward witnesses for alternative theories, is the prosecution showing the jury that they have considered all the alternative ideas and they are not afraid to present them to the jury as they are convinced that their scenario is correct. That probably comes across more strongly than avoiding these scenarios and the defence raising these issues.

So funny, TGY.

Once he gets his mustard jacket and mobile phone back, all will be SETTLED.

Thanks, Alioop. However I don't understand this. From the outside looking in, it just seems to me that together the defence and prosecution plot the case presented to the court. What's not fair about a crook without any defence testifying themselves if they choose, and just run with that. Otherwise they could tell the truth and plead guilty without the need for expensive legal intervention.

I have been on several jury panels and when this 'fairness practice' has been shown, it just looks like total incompetence on the lawyers part. Or it is seen as the prosecutor's way of telling the jury to make a 'not guilty' charge. I cannot understand how a criminal lawyer can defend someone when s/he knows they are guilty. Maybe it should be in the defence's code of conduct that if s/he knows that the accused is guilty, they are obliged to tell that person to plead guilty.

This would unclog the expensive courts and I am sure everyone would sleep better at nights. The only losers in this would be from the lawyers.

The trial is expected to go for several weeks. I'm from NSW and I yearning to be in that court if only a couple of days. The decision is what days would be the best and where is the closest (safest) hotel to the court. Anyone know Brisbane well?
i believe court's address is 415 George St Brisbane

This is my silent support for Allison against (allegedly) domestic violence/murder and a very persistent other woman.
Allison was found and her family & friends knew her fate and had quick closure. The Morcombs had to wait years and fight exhaustingly for Daniel not to become a cold case, otherwise we know he would never ever have been found. I've wondered IF my family would fight for me so hard.

How long does Novy's family have to wait? As with Daniel, the longer it is the harder it is to find her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain