Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I hope a LOT of lesson are learned from this, from start to finish. I think we've all been incredulous about dozens of facts arising from this, in this day and age, after everything that has happened previously and in light the trust we put in safety and security regulations and laws of the industry

I don't know anything about planes, but I think that would be very improbable. Perhaps if there was a fire that cut out some of the electrical systems and not others? Maybe they lost some cabin pressure at the time of the failure and the pilots only had time to try and turn around? But then why no attempted communication? If the pilots were eventually disabled from lack of oxygen then autopilot would have to be functional for the plane to keep flying. It really makes no sense that all communications and the transponder were disabled, while the satcom and autopilot were working for 4+ hours. This really seems intentional to me at this point.

Thanks lilblue, ok now after reading your post I'm leaning that way too

Whatever onboard systems the plane may have automatically reported on after losing contact with ground control, the plane did not transmit data on the status of its engines after contact with ground control was lost, the Associated Press quotes and unnamed “US official” as saying.

AP quotes the official as saying a “digital datalink” sent information about the plane’s engines and “other information on the functioning of the plane” before contact was lost. But “there were no data transmitted on the status of a missing Malaysia Airlines jet’s engines after contact was lost with the plane,” the AP reports.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-source-no-data-after-contact-lost-plane

http://www.theguardian.com/world/bl...is-detected-by-chinese-satellite-live-updates

If we assumed that this was purely an accident, no terrorism or pilot suicide or anything, and they were somehow forced to keep flying till they ran out of fuel and crashed, is it technically possible for something catastrophic to happen electrically whereby no communications are possible and no way of landing the plane yet still produce the ping 4 or 5 hours later? sorry for my complete ignorance on the subject!

ETA, thanks Aviator, I have my answer
So there was power and a functioning communication link during that interval.

I am awfully bad at expressing my thought in post sometimes. This is prabably one of those post.

Say if we are going with the Decompression theroy .

There is a problem 2 hours into flight so pilots the make the turn and turns off all extra stuff. Maybe due to power supply issues over loads of circuts ,etc..

Then after the turn is complete they pass out do to the decomprssion. The plane flys on autopilot to the gas limit of 4 or 5 hours. Then it it said to be able to glide on auto pilot for another 140 miles.

Which still means the newest up to date search area of the 2,200 n/m is to short to support that the goverments involved in the search believe that is a possible.

If they were ringing they were pinging. However I havent heard anything about them releasing information about the phones and the pings.

Dont phones without service go straight to VM. Without a ring.

In previous posts there were links to experts discounting this saying phones would ring when looking for a network but I wasn't convinced that was the case for multiple phones. In my experience it rings dead or one ring and voicemail or straight to voicemail, it doesn't keep ringing. Mind you it could be different when it's a foreign phone. When my guests from the US (I manage holiday rental apartments as one of my jobs) come and I ring them they often say they never heard it ring, still I'm not sure about this whole phone thing

C&P by me:
Pretty much none of those planes on the flight tracker, are looking for this plane, though. They are busy doing their job, which is to get to their destination.

Also, the ocean is a huge, huge place. I mean, it took five days to find Air France and that was WITH the transponder working. end c&p

While pilots are flying plane there are thousand of eyes looking down. Granted a lot higher than search planes, but it only takes one sharp eye.

However the plane was tracked a lot further than was first reported. Also believe USA stated they picked up no evidence of explosion.

It may have taken days for searcher to find actual spot of AirFrance, but debris started to surface within 48 hours, bodies were found day 5 or so.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447"]Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I am awfully bad at expressing my thought in post sometimes. This is prabably one of those post.

There is a problem 2 hours into flight so pilots the make the turn and turns off all extra stuff. Maybe due to power supply issues over loads of circuts ,etc..

Then after the turn is complete they pass out do to the decomprssion. The plane flys on autopilot to the gas limit of 4 or 5 hours. Then it it said to be able to glide on auto pilot for another 140 miles.

Which still means the newest up to date search area of the 2,200 n/m is to short to support that the goverments involved in the search believe that is a possible.

If they knew there was a problem and turned around wouldn't they have put the oxygen masks on for this very purpose?

C&P by me:
Pretty much none of those planes on the flight tracker, are looking for this plane, though. They are busy doing their job, which is to get to their destination.

Also, the ocean is a huge, huge place. I mean, it took five days to find Air France and that was WITH the transponder working. end c&p

While pilots are flying plane there are thousand of eyes looking down. Granted a lot higher than search planes, but it only takes one sharp eye.

However the plane was tracked a lot further than was first reported. Also believe USA stated they picked up no evidence of explosion.

It may have taken days for searcher to find actual spot of AirFrance, but debris started to surface within 48 hours, bodies were found day 5 or so.

Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They knew where it was.And they knew it crashed .

If they knew there was a problem and turned around wouldn't they have put the oxygen masks on for this very purpose?

If they worked

My point is I dont think officals think it is possible, that the plane decompressed.

I saw a pilot on TV a few days ago talking about transponders. He said it would be one of, if not the, last things either a pilot would turn off, or that would go off in a power loss, because it draws so little power.

Wow, I hope a LOT of lesson are learned from this, from start to finish. I think we've all been incredulous about dozens of facts arising from this, in this day and age, after everything that has happened previously and in light the trust we put in safety and security regulations and laws of the industry

I am 100% confident in the safety, security regulations and laws of the industry. I'm not confident in the safety, security regulations and laws of governments within the "developing world" (Third World), however. Which I think is the problem here.

The aviation industry is safe. I will keep repeating that because it is fact. It is the best run industry in the world. Flying is safe. Again, there is VASTLY more risk to any given human, standing on their porch, than flying. The chances of whatever happened to this flight happening again to another for the same reasons are almost non-existent. Infinitesimally microscopic.

C&P by me:

Air France Flight 447 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You;re right (BTW, you can use the "quote" function to quote posters so everyone knows who is saying what!!!!).

It took two days for the debris to be spotted. I stand corrected. But that was with a transponder. And it still took two days. Again, the ocean is vast. I get the sense that the size and scope of it is not understood by many of us.

If something g like that had happened the captain would be in contact throughout. (Loss of pressure).

Whatever occurred was sudden BUT apparently did not include pilot impairment.

As I said earlier, the plane isn't lost - its been HIDDEN.

Its unusual we still don't know why but I can guarantee the Terror watch has been intensified around the world.

The plane and its passengers could easily be sitting in a field somewhere.

I saw a pilot on TV a few days ago talking about transponders. He said it would be one of, if not the, last things either a pilot would turn off, or that would go off in a power loss, because it draws so little power.

And I read elsewhere an expert explain there are TWO transponders in a plane.
And there is often more than one. "Boeing would have at least two transponders," he said. "What happens is sometimes you're flying along and, say, your transponder breaks and reports the wrong code or wrong altitude, air traffic control will go, 'You need to turn it off because we're getting erroneous readings,'" he said. http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/12/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-transponder/

Has the new World Trade Center in New York opened?

It hasn't opened yet construction is still going on internally. It's not much comfort but if a plane goes anywhere near it it will most likely be shot down. I think I am more concerned about a plane being used to drop a dirty bomb somewhere than crashing into a building.

I am 100% confident in the safety, security regulations and laws of the industry. I'm not confident in the safety, security regulations and laws of governments outside of the "developing world (Third World), however. Which I think is the problem here.

The aviation industry is safe. I will keep repeating that because it is fact. It is the best run industry in the world. Flying is safe. Again, there is VASTLY more risk to any given human, standing on their porch, than flying. The chances of whatever happened to this flight happening again to another for the same reasons are almost non-existent. Infinitesimally microscopic.

You;re right (BTW, you can use the "quote" function to quote posters so everyone knows who is saying what!!!!).

It took two days for the debris to be spotted. I stand corrected. But that was with a transponder. And it still took two days. Again, the ocean is vast. I get the sense that the size and scope of it is not understood by many of us.

True, thank you, and as to flying being safe I 100% agree with you and this will not in the least change my habits, the likelihood of an accident like this is extremely extremely low to almost impossible. It's that, as you say, in this country they allowed stolen passport holders to get on the plane and a lot more. There should be an international convention that you must scan passports through the interpol database, that's just one of dozens of things coming out of this

CNN reporting Malaysian officials have asked the people of Malaysia to "keep your mouths shut"!

Malaysia ----> :scared: "Yep, nothing to see here folks. Please if you would just look the other way..."

http://www.euronews.com/2014/03/12/...-malaysias-missing-plane-expanded-to-se-asia/
During a new press conference on Thursday, the Malaysian transport minister denied all the latest reports on the missing plane’s possible location, including the Chinese satellite photos. The minister said they had been “released by accident”. He also denied a Wall Street Journal report that the aircraft could have flown for several hours after disappearing from radars on Saturday.

The official assured reporters that “Malaysia has nothing to hide” and the search efforts will continue to be focused on the South China Sea.

Whatever onboard systems the plane may have automatically reported on after losing contact with ground control, the plane did not transmit data on the status of its engines after contact with ground control was lost, the Associated Press quotes and unnamed “US official” as saying.

AP quotes the official as saying a “digital datalink” sent information about the plane’s engines and “other information on the functioning of the plane” before contact was lost. But “there were no data transmitted on the status of a missing Malaysia Airlines jet’s engines after contact was lost with the plane,” the AP reports.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-source-no-data-after-contact-lost-plane

http://www.theguardian.com/world/bl...is-detected-by-chinese-satellite-live-updates

I'm not sure I believe this unnamed and unauthorized US official. Something has made the US believe the plane could be in the Indian Ocean. Unless Hercules came down from Mount Olympus and carried it there, I think it had to have flown.

It could have gone down way out at sea away from land. There are areas that are not covered by regular flight paths and out of shipping lanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member