Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA!

I don't think it was a coincidence that it happened like it did. They knew something when he threatened his girlfriend's sister with a gun and a knife, imo.

Now wouldn't it be something if during that case they obtained a SW and confiscated the gun and knife he used in the threat and they still had evidence on them of Holly's?

I'm not convinced that the threats did anything at all for information about Holly, other than open the door to his property. When you have suspicions, once you're in the door "looking for what you are there to search for," you can follow up on ANYTHING you "accidentally" come across in the execution of that search. And the evidence from one search can lead to permission for another.

Given his profession, this creep's pseudo-mentor was probably Walter White on Breaking Bad, and that show may have also been his textbook in how to dispose of bodies where they won't be found. In one search or another, LE could have found "tools" used in the implementation of such methods.

I dont think that 20 minute estimate is anywhere near correct. All of the time lines are just GUESStimates not absolute fact. I noticed 3 different time lines had Holly on the phone with 3 different people all at exactly the same time. If Holly really made all 3 of those calls they couldn't have been at the same time, and all 3 projected timelines could be wrong.

Many cases are tried without ANY witnesses. Same with bodies.

You may think it unimportant but the jury will. If I was a juror, I'd want to know. The last timeline was posted numerous times. It was indeed a 20 minute gap from when the scream occurred to when Clint said he was awakened by the dog. The timeline was from the family. Ref. Jackson Sun article.

I don't see how they can avoid it.

I'm not convinced that the threats did anything at all for information about Holly, other than open the door to his property. When you have suspicions, once you're in the door "looking for what you are there to search for," you can follow up on ANYTHING you "accidentally" come across in the execution of that search. And the evidence from one search can lead to permission for another.

Given his profession, this creep's pseudo-mentor was probably Walter White on Breaking Bad, and that show may have also been his textbook in how to dispose of bodies where they won't be found. In one search or another, LE could have found "tools" used in the implementation of such methods.

Horrific images in my head now. :(

If you look at his long arrest record which is now common knowledge, the first time out of over 20 arrests this one was by TBI. That was the one resulting in his incarceration for the $1M bond.

And I think we can all agree $1M bond for an assault even shocked MSM at the time.

I think the "increase" in bond from 250K to 1M was a mistake in reporting on the assault, not a response to the things pertaining to Holly.

I didn't see anything startling or revealing in the $1M bond. This was not a case of some sort of simple assault where you get in a fight or something.

It was aggravated assault, where he held a gun to one person's head, and threatened to kill ("gut") another. When there is violence, or the threat of it, the community needs to see the perp stay behind bars for the safety of EVERYONE, and the bond goes way up (if's it's even offered at all).

In addition, I believe that when they discovered what they found regarding Holly, and knew they were going to charge him with murder, that's when his bail bond situation effectively changed, and I believe it went from 1M to "N/A."

You may think it unimportant but the jury will. If I was a juror, I'd want to know. The last timeline was posted numerous times. It was indeed a 20 minute gap from when the scream occurred to when Clint said he was awakened by the dog. The timeline was from the family. Ref. Jackson Sun article.

i agree with you on this i remember being sooooooo confused when i was hearing the reports of this that i know if i was on the jury i would want more explanation of this and why it was so confusing.. ALSO i do have a question and if this has been answered before my apologize i only pop in and out on this thread so haven't been on it the entire time but it's been said that holly's mother (who wasnt at home during her disappearance) told clint that it wasn't the bf? has it ever been explained how she knew this?

i agree with you on this i remember being sooooooo confused when i was hearing the reports of this that i know if i was on the jury i would want more explanation of this and why it was so confusing.. ALSO i do have a question and if this has been answered before my apologize i only pop in and out on this thread so haven't been on it the entire time but it's been said that holly's mother (who wasnt at home during her disappearance) told clint that it wasn't the bf? has it ever been explained how she knew this?

Drew (bf) was hunting on Holly's grandma's property in another county Assumption is Clint wasn't aware.

The neighbor was outside where sound is much easier to hear than in an enclosed space. I think everyone is fully aware of that by their own personal life experiences.

The scream mostly likely occured when she was being led into the woods and at that time she would be closer to the neighbor's place than to her own home.

I have no doubt the DA will be prepared. This is a seasoned DA and this isn't his first rodeo with defense attorneys.

Clint says clearly why he didn't shoot. He still thought it was Drew when he told her "You want me to shoot Drew????' and Clint would never shoot Holly's boyfriend.

The scream was from the Bobo house and not the woods. Mom told him it wasn't Drew. Sadly it was too late. Holly was gone.

I don't know what you think I think is unimportant. I never said anything was unimportant.

I did say that, as far as I can tell, the various time lines posted here may be wrong/incorrect.

I am referring to things that are irrefutable like 911 call stamps. None of that has ever been release so ANY time line to date is an estimate. No one has, that I know of, gone on record and officially said (like LE) that the neighbor called 911 at 7:25 or that Holly's mom called 911 at 7:32. We know more or less what happened but we don't know the EXACT times. I don't necessarily view some of the various written accounts overly reliable either. Even some of the TV interviews with the family have been contradictory over time due to the way questions were asked, the way they were answered, the way things were edited, etc.

LE does know all of this, or they should. But, without having the 911 calls relased, we do not.

I think LE has plenty of proof that ZA was the one who took Holly and killed her. Otherwise, why an arrest now, after three years, when many had likely given up? Also eyewitnesses are famously unreliable...Clint's description is no worse or better than most, IMO.

I don't know what you think I think is unimportant. I never said anything was unimportant.

I did say that, as far as I can tell, the various time lines posted here may be wrong/incorrect.

I am referring to things that are irrefutable like 911 call stamps. None of that has ever been release so ANY time line to date is an estimate. No one has, that I know of, gone on record and officially said (like LE) that the neighbor called 911 at 7:25 or that Holly's mom called 911 at 7:32. We know more or less what happened but we don't know the EXACT times. I don't necessarily view some of the various written accounts overly reliable either. Even some of the TV interviews with the family have been contradictory over time due to the way questions were asked, the way they were answered, the way things were edited, etc.

LE does know all of this, or they should. But, without having the 911 calls relased, we do not.

Bingo! Re your comment about the interviews. That's why I'm so obsessed they prepare Clint.

I think LE has plenty of proof that ZA was the one who took Holly and killed her. Otherwise, why an arrest now, after three years, when many had likely given up? Also eyewitnesses are famously unreliable...Clint's description is no worse or better than most, IMO.

It's not so much the description that's a concern. I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing him because I wouldn't want to be in his shoes ever. When I've seen him in interviews, he doesn't do very well. He's very timid, shy and many times searched for words. My heart aches for him and what he will have to go through. There are no words to describe what he's feeling. :(

Exactly. They will use the gun as an example that Clint didn't feel Holly was in danger and that she willingly went with someone she knew,etc etc etc Not his/her client.

How will the defense be able to explain Holly's fresh blood being left at the abduction location?

I honestly don't see one juror believing Holly went willingly. I think it is going to come out that she did not associate with ZA. So why would she leave with him after he has injured her?

Imo, they didn't just arrest ZA to have something to do. They arrested him and charged him because they have evidence that he is the one who did this. That only makes logical sense.

So I don't see how it will help the DT to try and say it was someone else. And even if the jury doesn't believe he was the one that kidnapped her how does that help him? If she was indeed murdered in his home or property, by say his weapon, then he is still just as guilty of kidnapping her because she sure didn't stay there willingly to be brutalized and murdered.

All it shows me is Clint Bobo thought it was Drew with Holly and of course he would never shoot someone Holly knew and they all knew. He has already said he felt it was Drew so why would he think she was in any danger?

IMO

It's not so much the description that's a concern. I don't want this to sound like I'm bashing him because I wouldn't want to be in his shoes ever. When I've seen him in interviews, he doesn't do very well. He's very timid, shy and many times searched for words. My heart aches for him and what he will have to go through. There are no words to describe what he's feeling. :(

I think that will go in his favor with the jurors. When I have sat on a jury the ones that were shy, uncomfortable, nervous, and new to the court system, I thought were much more credible even if they had a hard time getting their words out.

Its the ones that get up there and act like they know all about the criminal justice system that I was wary of the most. Like career criminals who testified.

why an arrest now, after three years....

I think "now" is because before the search, they had gossip and suspicions and not a whole lot more. You certainly can't arrest on that. But once they finally found a way to get on his property and give it a thorough search, they have the benefit of everything that could be discovered from that search.

With the violence, I bet they'll start stacking sentences rather than running them concurrently. And with all the crimes they now have proof of, I suspect he'll be buried in jail, if he doesn't get fried.

Right, we do not have a good timeline with times and date stamps.

That will come out at trial. I don't think the timeline is unimportant but I think the evidence against him will be much more important than the timeline when it started.

I think "now" is because before the search, they had gossip and suspicions and not a whole lot more. You certainly can't arrest on that. But once they finally found a way to get on his property and give it a thorough search, they have the benefit of everything that could be discovered from that search.

With the violence, I bet they'll start stacking sentences rather than running them concurrently. And with all the crimes they now have proof of, I suspect he'll be buried in jail, if he doesn't get fried.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/2...ys-tennessee-can-lawfully-electrocute-inmates

Attorney General Says Tennessee Can Lawfully Electrocute Inmates

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

Tennessee's electric chair (AP Photo/FILE)

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The State Attorney General says Tennessee can lawfully use the electric chair on death row inmates if drugs used for lethal injection are not available.

Attorney General Bob Cooper's written legal opinion was issued this week as state lawmakers consider a bill that would allow condemned prisoners to be electrocuted if lethal injection is thwarted by big drug companies or the courts.

Bingo! Re your comment about the interviews. That's why I'm so obsessed they prepare Clint.

Im not too worried. After all, the truth is the truth. I guarantee Clint knows the exact story. It's not his fault that what has been relased in edited interviews, choppy written transcriptions etc. has been off. I bet too there are details not released to the public at all about what he saw/heard/did that, while useful to the prosecution would not be of any great use (aside from interest) to the public.

And hey, if ZA has some sort of corroborating alibi, etc. so be it. That is how things work, maddening as it can seem.

What may not make much sense to us now may not be an issue at all "big picture" with what LE has to work with.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/2...ys-tennessee-can-lawfully-electrocute-inmates

Attorney General Says Tennessee Can Lawfully Electrocute Inmates

Posted: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT
Updated: Mar 14, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The State Attorney General says Tennessee can lawfully use the electric chair on death row inmates if drugs used for lethal injection are not available.

Attorney General Bob Cooper's written legal opinion was issued this week as state lawmakers consider a bill that would allow condemned prisoners to be electrocuted if lethal injection is thwarted by big drug companies or the courts.

Works for me. Not that I have a problem with the needle, gas, rope, firing squad, guillotine, drawing and quartering... Even burning at the stake gets the job done, and you can make smores at the same time.

The scream was from the Bobo house and not the woods. Mom told him it wasn't Drew. Sadly it was too late. Holly was gone.

How would the neighbor know that when he lived 1/4 mile away? He wasn't even looking that way. He was out changing or putting oil in his vehicle at the time.

I don't think that will turnout to be correct.

I live in a rural area too and if our far away neighbors heard a scream they would also say they heard a scream up at our home/place. But they would just mean it came from the area where we lived not at our home exactly.

I think a lot of the true meaning may get lost if you aren't from the south and know how we speak when saying something.:D Those that don't live in the south tend to take what southerners say literally word for word when that isn't what they meant. Words have different meanings depending on what geographical area you live in.

imo

I really do hope that LE has enough evidence to where it wont matter. So long as LE can prove who committed the crime without using eyewitness testimony then hopefully the evidence will be overwhelming.

IMO, The defense will most likely call witnesses and show where certain statements were changed over time. They will most likely try to exploit this sort of thing to the fullest to try to put some sort of doubt in 1 jurors mind. The goal of the prosecution will be to have so much other evidence it hopefully will not matter as the defense goes with their tactics.

I've always wondered if a witness can just reply with "I dont remember anymore" if before they had said certain things. Cant a witness just claim they dont remember.
Ive seen so many witnesses on the stand struggle and I was answering for them. "Tell them you dont remember or dont know".

I realize most people are trying to be honest and help but if they struggle and really cant come to a solid answer then they really dont know and should just say that. So it seems anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle