Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i just say I like Brooke Baldwin (CNN), and she doesn't dress distracting-ly like so many others do. You can actually focus on her words. Rather than thinking the whole time, 'it must be so uncomfortable sitting in that position (one leg crossed over another) for so long with such a tight dress on....which is what I'm always thinking when I watch FOX). JMO.

The time different between Malaysia and Maldives is one hour. If the last ping reported to the satellite was between the Maldives and Diego Garcia that distance is approximately 500 miles. Was the last ping around 8am? If the plane was flying low couldn't that account for the time difference between Maldives and Diego Garcia. Unless it turned and flew West as their are some sparsely populated islands with small landing fields closer to Africa. Could it have turned West and still pinged off the satellite between Maldives and Diego Garcia? Very strange. jmo

BBM
What about the Russian's, no word from them..they seem to be keeping mum.
They have satellites, don't they?

They're a bit busy grabbing Crimea right now. (And laughing at Obama's threat of sanctions for their "attempted" annexation.)

The pilot with the 'startlingly simple" theory in the link a few pages back said the lack of oxygen up at 45,000 ft could have been done on purpose to put out the fire.

Wow yeah that in interesting.

I remind myself that those "pings" could continue while on the ground.
Since we don't have an exact location it is really hard to eliminate anything.

As far as the fire theory... I watched this last night... about a fire that broke out in a plane.
They flew for several minutes after they lost all communication and auto pilot.

I found some eery similarities between MH370 and Swissair 111, but also differences.
They also note that the flammable material that caused this fire is still used in other countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9Vu-i8_uE&list=PLpk2k4TVmH5jy09iZ2NQuBDiGCo0qESyW

The time different between Malaysia and Maldives is one hour. If the last ping reported to the satellite was between the Maldives and Diego Garcia that distance is approximately 500 miles. Was the last ping around 8am? If the plane was flying low couldn't that account for the time difference between Maldives and Diego Garcia. Unless it turned and flew West as their are some sparsely populated islands with small landing fields closer to Africa. Could it have turned West and still pinged off the satellite between Maldives and Diego Garcia? Very strange. jmo

I think the problem is, IIUC, the 8:11 satellite ping. So what the other poster was saying, is that the plane would have had to fly west all the way to the Maldives (to account for the sighting), and then have turned north-wards or south-wards to get to some point on the arc, from where it pinged. And time-wise, the poster was saying that's not possible. (the post upthread)

****wait, so are you saying the plane kept flying westwards after the Maldives, and then pinged off the arc?

Me thinks China is not willing to give up ANY information that will show what kind of satellite or spying capabilities they have....

I agree. Just look at thailand's antics. I've thought all along that there is information being withheld for strategic reasons.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/03/19/03/01/thailand-reveals-10-day-old-radar-data

Thailand's military says its radar detected a plane that may have been Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 just minutes after the jetliner's communications went down.

It also says it didn't share the information with Malaysia earlier because it wasn't specifically asked for it.

that rig is off the coast of vietnam, east or south east of Ho Chi Minh City, i believe)
IIRC those waters have been searched already

I was wondering from the start -not necessarily in this example but in general, what does "searched already" mean -isn't it still possible some areas searched still had the plane at the bottom of the sea and no debris or signs of it?

They're a bit busy grabbing Crimea right now. (And laughing at Obama's threat of sanctions for their "attempted" annexation.)

I'm sorry but I'm laughing. Hard. My bad. No disrespect intended.

Does anyone know if there is any map which shows the COMPLETE circle of the "arcs"? (not just north and south, but west as well)?

***would the aircraft have enough fuel to get to the west-side of the arc, in Africa? (going straight westwards past the Maldives and keep going west?)

my DH does not believe it was the Pilot's

he is still suspicious of the 2 Iranians though..

DH began taking Flying lessons 2 years ago..he said if he could he'd have a simulator in our house too just like the pilot did.

It does appear those who fly sure have a genuine love for it. And yes a simulator appears to be common. Who knew? I didn't. Much learning in the past few days for sure. I just like to ride planes and occasionally jump out of them.

Has it ever been reported exactly how much fuel the plane had?

yes, they said at PC just enough for the length of the flight with a little more as is standard

O/t Medal of Honor Awards, has me in tears

It may be just me, however, it bothers me that we had 9/11 and the last ping from this missing plane was at 8:11.

For you number people, is there any meaning there?

Video with Zaharie ahmad Shah's homemade flight simulator at 00:13:00.

What is being displayed in the photo at 00:15:00. Why are those tapes significant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK8wU8H9O1Q

TY & OMO

I don't think they're significant. That video, iirc, was a tribute video. Perhaps he just loved them.

Allegedly the pilot and co-pilot have passed inspection and had nothing to do with this. That story may change, imo, because the way all the facts have changed back and forth makes my head ache.

I remind myself that those "pings" could continue while on the ground.
Since we don't have an exact location it is really hard to eliminate anything.

As far as the fire theory... I watched this last night... about a fire that broke out in a plane.
They flew for several minutes after they lost all communication and auto pilot.

I found some eery similarities between MH370 and Swissair 111, but also differences.
They also note that the flammable material that caused this fire is still used in other countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9Vu-i8_uE&list=PLpk2k4TVmH5jy09iZ2NQuBDiGCo0qESyW

I have wondered the same thing and asked this question in either the last thread or earlier in this one but no answer. I think its possible that this plane pinged within the stated arc etc but never went anywhere after that. I'd be looking at emergency landing spots..islands etc in that area. Couldn't it have just stayed in that area until the batteries or whatever it is ran out and signal no longer worked?

I just cant buy into the fire. I do tend to believe that plane was manually shut down to avoid detection. I just don't believe a fire occurred and the plane flew for hours and hours with no auto pilot. It would have simply crashed. IMO

Does anyone know if there is any map which shows the COMPLETE circle of the "arcs"? (not just north and south, but west as well)?

***would the aircraft have enough fuel to get to the west-side of the arc, in Africa? (going straight westwards past the Maldives and keep going west?)
There have been several such maps posted in the last thread, but I can't find one to post at the moment. From memory, it extended as far as Eastern Africa on the West, but it has been stated that the plane couldn't get to the West side of the circle on the fuel that would have been on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Displaced_Fey