SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think so. I think she is only about things that make her look like she is this great person who has all these ties to the Rock Music industry. Who her friends are, how much money she and they have. All those things she thinks everyone else wants to be. Who wants to be a murderer? That surely doesn't give anyone brownie points.

I don't think she will ever tell anything or admit anything. IMHO

SM is the weak link IMHO

Kelly

I have been hoping that SM will finally break and talk.
I just can't get past him not talking, I mean him as a father he must have thought of what this is like for TE.

I totally agree and mentioned this a few days ago. It also screams of a defense strategy that puts all the blame on TM. I hope TM was pissed off. Hopefully the beginning of them turning on each other.

I will be honest and say it concerns me a great deal that possibly SM will do all he can to put TM in that moment and he knew nothing until later when he feared for his safety or that of his children.

IDK how that will play for a jury, with SC only having a murder charge..guilty or not guilty. Can he put enough blame? Will the trials be separated instead of together so that his attorney can throw doubt out there regarding SM culpability? Its a scary thought.

Nothing seems like a slam dunk anymore to me after the CA trial.

Kelly

The preliminary hearing is on the 28th.

We should be getting lots of more info then.

I sure hope the media gets its act together and petitions the court to allow a live stream! :gavel:

Across from the Kangaroo is a Sonic, also around that area within a 2 block radius is a Jiffy Lube, a shopping center with a Staples, a toys r us and several industrial businesses. I am wondering what the significance of this particular gas station is? Is this where Heather bought gas? This gas station is about a 3 minute drive from Heathers apartment.

Maybe they were waiting for her to make it home after date ... Watching apartment. And then went to nearby gas station to call her. The timing of her getting home and the payphone call seem too close for it to be a coincident ... IMO

ETA sorry I see now several others have stated this ... Lol I had to post while it was on my mind ... Before reading ahead ... :blushing:

I will be honest and say it concerns me a great deal that possibly SM will do all he can to put TM in that moment and he knew nothing until later when he feared for his safety or that of his children.

IDK how that will play for a jury, with SC only having a murder charge..guilty or not guilty. Can he put enough blame? Will the trials be separated instead of together so that his attorney can throw doubt out there regarding SM culpability? Its a scary thought.

Nothing seems like a slam dunk anymore to me after the CA trial.

Kelly

But he could plea out and avoid the trial.

I have one question maybe someone can answer. Could a dead body be kidnapped? Is it possible the M's killed Heather at PTL and then took her body elsewhere, hence being kidnapped from PTL? Does that make sense what I'm saying? JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An interesting observation! I think growing up with a land line I tend to get off the cell before I leave the house. I use the cell in the car but hardly ever do I walking TO my car. May be an age thing. Or like suggested, urgency.
Another thing I was puzzled about: why would Heather wait that amount of time after the pay phone call then call it back knowing it was a payphone? Or for that matter why meet sm after those I.e. pics? I feel sm blamed tm and begged Heather (please I've got to get out of here)
I think sm said pack a bag and let's get away together. That would explain the time lapse (her packing a bag) sm not coming to her apartment and her leaving her car locked up and whisking away. A hurried departure and rash decisions were made imo.
I'm sure sm assured her that the car would be alright for a night. I feel the 66 days was in reference to them whisking away to Florida for WDW walk-a-thon. I think Heather was 100% on sm's side. Imo she saw him as a victim wanting to escape the evil queen.

IF this were the scenario, she could have spent that time weighing her options, that situation would surely be upsetting to anyone.

I totally agree and mentioned this a few days ago. It also screams of a defense strategy that puts all the blame on TM. I hope TM was pissed off. Hopefully the beginning of them turning on each other.

Definitely a defense strategy but I think it was the prosecutor who brought this out at the bond hearing. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was SM's atty. Either way it is strategic I'm just hoping that the strategy was played by the prosecutor. Lol

An interesting observation! I think growing up with a land line I tend to get off the cell before I leave the house. I use the cell in the car but hardly ever do I walking TO my car. May be an age thing. Or like suggested, urgency.
Another thing I was puzzled about: why would Heather wait that amount of time after the pay phone call then call it back knowing it was a payphone? Or for that matter why meet sm after those I.e. pics? I feel sm blamed tm and begged Heather (please I've got to get out of here)
I think sm said pack a bag and let's get away together. That would explain the time lapse (her packing a bag) sm not coming to her apartment and her leaving her car locked up and whisking away. A hurried departure and rash decisions were made imo.
I'm sure sm assured her that the car would be alright for a night. I feel the 66 days was in reference to them whisking away to Florida for WDW walk-a-thon. I think Heather was 100% on sm's side. Imo she saw him as a victim wanting to escape the evil queen.

I think IIRC the 66 days was regarding something with Heather's sister.

I think at the bond hearing LE/State was just giving enough information to prove that SM/TM were the last people to have any contact with Heather. They also brought in enough information to show that they were dangerous the Elvis family as well (journals etc).

I do wonder if the pay phone issue is not just a one time thing. We know from the bond hearing that SM was no longer allowed to have a cell phone and TM even monitored his SM. So, I think the pay phone was something Heather and SM had done before. Maybe not this particular pay phone but I am sure that there are plenty of pay phones near the TK he could have had contact with her. When relationships end, it is not uncommon for some contact to happen a few times after to make sure that it is the best decision. They couldn't speak to each other on his cell, so he went to a pay phone. Honestly, calling her using his cell was probably a stupid thing to do anyway. Usually affairs are 'fun' because of the duplicity and the risks involved of having someone find out. People usually go to great lengths to hide them. So a pay phone seems to me something that they would have used more than once as a form of communication to meet.

I also am not 100% on board that they were not 'together' after Oct when they supposedly broke it off. Just seems hard for me to believe that one day they were together and the next they weren't. IMHO

Kelly

The prosecution brought out just enough details at the bond hearing to keep the Ms locked up, so the information they disclosed was strategic. All info they disclosed needed to be just enough to show a danger to society or a flight risk.
With that in mind I'm wondering why the 6 month probation details were disclosed at the bond hearing. The details of such don't really point toward a danger to society or a flight risk.
I'm thinking those details came out to maybe let someone know that someone else has shared some information with LE. This leads me to believe TM probably did not know that SM had given these details to LE.

I've been thinking about this too. All of the info was given by the prosecution. Why would they even mention that? Was it SM's lawyer that said SM had no motive because he liked Heather. How could TM show zero reaction to that statement.

I need to go back and see what the prosecution revealed, and what each of the lawyers revealed.

I have one question maybe someone can answer. Could a dead body be kidnapped? Is it possible the M's killed Heather at PTL and then took her body elsewhere, hence being kidnapped from PTL? Does that make sense what I'm saying? JMO

No, kidnapping involves holding someone against their will and if one is dead then they cannot object.

I've been thinking about this too. All of the info was given by the prosecution. Why would they even mention that? Was it SM's lawyer that said SM had no motive because he liked Heather. How could TM show zero reaction to that statement.

I need to go back and see what the prosecution revealed, and what each of the lawyers revealed.

See, I think this is the part that broke TM. Not only did SM have an affair and with a much younger person, but he actually liked her. It wasn't a 'fling'. It had the potential to be a lot more.

Kelly

I don't think so. I think the kidnapping charge would be from SM and TM preventing Heather to leave and be out of harms way.

If you break it down, please post. Reading the articles I've seen both the prosecutor and SM atty being quoted, at different times, as saying SM liked Heather.
And I'd really like to clarify who brought out those 6 month probation terms.

BBM, I dont believe that to be the case - we havent heard anything said by LE or family that they found a packed bag, or the signs of Heather packing a bag. In my past experience following cases, IF there is something to make LE or family think she may have been going somewhere, they would have said as much. Ie, there was a partially packedbag on the bed or a packed bag left in the car. Of course, LE really hasnt said much outside of the hearings.

Of course, I could be wrong. But I dont think thats what happen.

I just wish we could fast forward to the trial already - the more time that lapses, the more time the theories will grow into something WAY bigger than they really are. :scared:

But then again, I guess thats half the process :blushing:

SC explanation of Kidnapping

Universal Citation: SC Code § 16-3-910 (2012)
Whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

This is the most up to date code I can find.

SC explanation of Kidnapping

Universal Citation: SC Code § 16-3-910 (2012)
Whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

This is the most up to date code I can find.

Thank you very much. Makes sense now!

Maybe I missed it but how did TM even find out that SM was having an affair with Heather in the first place? Does anyone have that information?

When the Fb drama started I left the threads until there was an arrest, so I missed a good portion of the comments. I have been trying to diligently go back but its hard to glean fact from fiction from some of the earlier information..

Thanks!

Kelly

JMO and speculation of course: What if he said he was going for a run and was heading to the landing to see Heather, TM sees his phone records and jumps in the truck, SM on foot, TM in the truck?

I think this is unlikely but I do think he would have took at jog to the PTG payphone for sure.

What? The PTG payphone is not the phone. This is part of the confusion. We have some facts. I very humbly say we should stick to them... not trying to be mean. Why would him jogging to that payphone have anything to do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member