Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were wanting to bring up all of ZA's friends? I may have read that wrong. If they are named in MSM, it's okay to discuss what was reported. Hope that helps! :hug:

I'll be more specific, and if I'm out of line let me know, I'm new here. I'm more curious of his immediate family members with the same last name who have been named and are O.k. to discuss on her by initial.

How's that?

It could have been as easy as seeing them in a convenience store and following them home prior to the attempted and subsequent abductions. The common denominator is they were targeted and not random acts.

Well yeah that is my point. Somehow the two of them crossed paths with ZA. Did anyone else? And how? Just wondering. These things dont happen randomly as you pointed out.

Was it confirmed the perp in HS attempted abduction is indeed ZA? Anybody have a link ? Thanks

Yes HS identified HS as the man who tried to nab her. Google HS abduction and it pops up. Not hard to find.

I don't know... I don't see ZA as any backwoods version of Blofeld. He still had to find Sullivan/her house somehow. Unless he just came across it 100% randomly. That is my question. If he was stalking Holly and her property and Sullivan and her house, how did he find them?

Guess, that I'm just one of those folks that learned early in life to never judge a book by its cover, Carla Lashelle.. and then a few decades later in life, I learned to never ever under estimate a psychopath..

Not sure how he found them, Carla Lashelle... Both HB & HS lived adjacent to woods. HB was a nursing student & HS worked in the medical transportation industry. It was rumored that ZA worked for the utility service at one time. ZA was a hunter. Hunters hunt different counties and often on many different tracts of land..

Much attention has been spent speculating on how ZA picked Holly as a target. But, what about Heather Sullivan?

Most criminals are creatures of habit. Many repeat offenders (killers, burglars, rapists) are caught because their crimes fit a pattern. Their MO is always the same. They chose their victims from the same area (like hookers working the same strip in town), etc. Since it is doubtful that ZA would be lucky enough to randomly be outside Heather's and Holly's houses at exactly the same time they were leaving for work/school... how did he pick them both? Are there other victims or potential victims? There has to be some sort of common denominator that would link ZA to Heather and Holly and, ultimately Zach.

On the suface his crime scene MO here seems strikingly the same... waiting by Heather's/Holly's car in the dawn or pre dawn hours, grabs them. Heather dropped a lamp, Holly dropped a soda. Both ladies made some noise. I would assume ZA had the same MO leading up to the abduction or attempted abduction, but what is it?

Personally, I do think he is the one that attempted to kidnap Heather Sullivan. And it makes sense because I am sure all of us have read or seen stories where a perp was finally caught and it was learned that he also had tried to abduct others and failed. Didn't LE find out that Torres had tried to abduct others before he finally kidnapped Sierra Lamar?

Did Heather live in town with neighbors very close by? Its hard to understand why one ended in being successful and the other did not.

We have to remember though that when he came to abduct Holly he had a weapon of some sort with him because he made her bleed before leaving with her. He did not do that in HSs case. This criminal seems to easily pull out a knife or a gun. He may have had both on him that day and even showed Holly but only used the knife because it would be a silent weapon where a gun wouldn't be.

I certainly feel Holly was his target and he came there specifically for her. Being that they lived in such a small community he had to see Holly out and about. He had to notice how exceptionally beautiful she was. Maybe after his failed attempt to abduct Heather in another town he decided to go where he felt was more in his comfort zone. He may have hunted behind their place and rode 4-wheelers back there before. It was more isolated. Less chance of anyone seeing him.

The only difference I can see is we know he had a weapon or weapons when he came to get Holly. He meant business that day and imo had planned this all out. While Heather's case may have been a spur of the moment thing and a crime of opportunity.

It does show he is out early since both of them were very close in time. It does show he picks females who he knows are alone. He does come up to the victim while on foot. He has to have his transportation parked close by, imo. In Holly's case I think it was parked on the old logging road right behind the woods he took her through.

And I bet he has gone to other counties to steal things or make deals with other meth cookers in order to cook the meth. That could be the reason he was in Heather's town that morning.

IMO

I know she did but wondered if LE confirmed it

I think just like any case LE is not going to confirm or deny.

They will make no comment either way. I do think they are investigating it though and trying to track down if he could have been in Centerville (iirc) that day and if he was known to frequent that county and if he may have meth contacts there.

imo

Guess, that I'm just one of those folks that learned early in life to never judge a book by its cover, Carla Lashelle.. and then a few decades later in life, I learned to never ever under estimate a psychopath..

Not sure how he found them, Carla Lashelle... Both HB & HS lived adjacent to woods. HB was a nursing student & HS worked in the medical transportation industry. It was rumored that ZA worked for the utility service at one time. ZA was a hunter. Hunters hunt different counties and often on many different tracts of land..

No one knows the woods in a county any better than a hunter.

That is why so many hunters are the ones to discover discarded bodies when murderers think no one will ever find the body.

They go where usually no one else goes.

He knew those woods all around the Bobo place imo and had long known the layout and how to come through the backwoods to get on their place.

IMO

Was the perp in HS attempted kidnapping wearing camo?

Quote:

'Times, they are-a-changin, Carla Lashelle'.. As jurors and the general law abiding public are becoming more familiar with criminal investigations, etc., due to the CSI effect. Criminals are also becoming more educated and informed in strategies and tactics to evade investigators. Elusive predators have learned to vary their MOs and avoid patterns that can identify them, imo. Many predators are also forensically aware and very intelligent, as was ZRA, imo. Imo, ZRA was a thinker and an avid reader.

HS has been a FB friend since 2012. She worked for a Hickman co., TN transportation co., that shuttled folks to Dr appointments and hospitals for therapy, etc. She had a toothache that morning and went to her car to get something for the pain. HS's neighbor had witnessed the hooded perp peeping in her window the evening before the attempted abduction.

When the perp grabbed HS, she screamed and dropped the lantern that she was carrying. Her bf heard her scream and the breaking glass and asked if anything was wrong. Startled, the perp ran into the adjacent woods. 911 was called and LE responded and completed an incident report, but did not search the woods or conduct an investigation, according to HS.
The sketch was completed over 20 months later on 09/2012 by a forensics sketch artist and paid for with donated funds. The TBI was contacted according to HS, but the TBI forensic sketch artist had retired and the position vacant. In July 2011 HS's house burned. The ignition source was unknown to HS..

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/holly-bobos-alleged-killer-tied-to-previous-abduction-try/

What the heck?????????? They didn't even search the woods for the suspect????? That's just plain crazy.

A guy here last year tried to break into a woman's home, and when she opened the door with a glock .40 in her hand, he ran into some woods nearby. With in five minutes there were so many cop cars that surrounded the area you couldn't count them all, and after a couple of hours the dogs sniffed him out where he was hiding in the woods in a tree. They found his pickup truck too and he had stolen items from several break ins.

And that wasn't even an attempted kidnapping of a young woman. That suspect never touched the woman. I don't think he wanted anything to do with someone that had a gun pointed right at him.:floorlaugh:

I just cant believe that the cops did nothing and didn't even search for the attempted kidnapper.:banghead: No wonder criminals get away with a lot. The police are too lazy or incompetent to even try and catch them.

IMO

I think just like any case LE is not going to confirm or deny.

They will make no comment either way. I do think they are investigating it though and trying to track down if he could have been in Centerville (iirc) that day and if he was known to frequent that county and if he may have meth contacts there.

imo

In a lineup? Why wouldn't they? If she's absolutely certain he's the guy, why not? She could be a witness for the prosecution.

I don't think that was ever mentioned.

But if she didn't live far back in the woods like Holly did or it wasn't hunting season, I wouldn't think he would be wearing camo the day he tried to abduct HS.

He wore the camo when he abducted Holly because he knew it was turkey season, and he would blend in, and look just like any other hunter who was in the woods.

IMO

In a lineup? Why wouldn't they? If she's absolutely certain he's the guy, why not? She could be a witness for the prosecution.

Maybe she has already done a lineup although she could identify him when she finally saw him on tv concerning the murder of Holly. She may have contacted LE the day she saw him on tv.

Who knows........she may become a witness for the prosecution or the defense may fight to keep that out.

I know she did but wondered if LE confirmed it

How can LE "confirm" what the witness/victim says? Heather Sullivan said it was the guy... She identified him. LE was not present at the time. They would have no say so in confirming anything unless ZA admitted he did it.

Not really... You cant generally lump all sorts of stuff together. Even if he tried to grab HS, that would probably be inadmissible in court because, to the best of my knowledge, no charges were ever filed in that incident, it was just a report. Nothing ever came of it. Legally it would be easy to defeat in court anyway. Oh yeah you see this guy on TV three years later and now suddenly that is the guy?... That kind of thing.

Its the same with the guy we have here Dontae Morris who has been convicted of 3 murders (individually) and is up for trial in a few more. The juror can't be told about his prior convictions. He has to be tried on ONLY the evidence related to the case in question.

Not sure if it was mentioned but since camo clothing is so common it would not be a huge deal. Half the people in the searches for Holly wore camo. Clint thought the suspect was Drew because of the camo. It really would not be much of an identifying feature in this case. Actually, the opposite would be more useful... if the suspect had something very distinctive like an obscure concert tee shirt that would not be worn by everyone else in town.

I read that the suspect in the HS incident was wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt.
I will find link for you all.

Personally, I do think he is the one that attempted to kidnap Heather Sullivan. And it makes sense because I am sure all of us have read or seen stories where a perp was finally caught and it was learned that he also had tried to abduct others and failed. Didn't LE find out that Torres had tried to abduct others before he finally kidnapped Sierra Lamar?

Did Heather live in town with neighbors very close by? Its hard to understand why one ended in being successful and the other did not.

We have to remember though that when he came to abduct Holly he had a weapon of some sort with him because he made her bleed before leaving with her. He did not do that in HSs case. This criminal seems to easily pull out a knife or a gun. He may have had both on him that day and even showed Holly but only used the knife because it would be a silent weapon where a gun wouldn't be.

I certainly feel Holly was his target and he came there specifically for her. Being that they lived in such a small community he had to see Holly out and about. He had to notice how exceptionally beautiful she was. Maybe after his failed attempt to abduct Heather in another town he decided to go where he felt was more in his comfort zone. He may have hunted behind their place and rode 4-wheelers back there before. It was more isolated. Less chance of anyone seeing him.

The only difference I can see is we know he had a weapon or weapons when he came to get Holly. He meant business that day and imo had planned this all out. While Heather's case may have been a spur of the moment thing and a crime of opportunity.

It does show he is out early since both of them were very close in time. It does show he picks females who he knows are alone. He does come up to the victim while on foot. He has to have his transportation parked close by, imo. In Holly's case I think it was parked on the old logging road right behind the woods he took her through.

And I bet he has gone to other counties to steal things or make deals with other meth cookers in order to cook the meth. That could be the reason he was in Heather's town that morning.

IMO
Emphasis on above BBM..
ITA, and there is Austin Sigg who murdered little Jessica Ridgeway. His prior unsuccessful attempts of abduction were found via DNA match.

I don't think that was ever mentioned.

But if she didn't live far back in the woods like Holly did or it wasn't hunting season, I wouldn't think he would be wearing camo the day he tried to abduct HS.

He wore the camo when he abducted Holly primarily because he knew it was turkey season, and he would blend in, and look just like any other hunter who was in the woods.

IMO

Deer Season in TN had ended on Jan 5, 2011. The attempted abduction of HS in Centerville,(Hickman co., TN, wasn't until January 23rd, 2011.
The non insulated camo coveralls that CB described HB's abductor wearing is one of the indicators, imo, that the perp was an experienced predator.
The coveralls are usually worn over other clothing and are easily put on or removed in a matter of seconds. The coveralls can also cause deception as to a person's weight.
As you stated above, oceanblueeyes, they were likely worn due to the common attire worn during turkey hunting season in HB's abduction.. An experienced predator would unlikely wear clothes of the same description in subsequent abductions to prevent being patterned by investigators..

A very important indicator of an experienced organized predator is when several police jurisdictions are utilized during an abduction. In HB's abduction and HS's attempted abduction there were two or more jurisdictions involved.

Imo the Natchez Trace State Park was ZA's safe haven in HB's abduction and is located in Carroll, Henderson, and Benton counties, as well as patrolled by DNR park rangers.. This would cause severe communication issues by LE, which would be favorable to the perp; caused by jurisdictional linkage blindness..

http://prtl.uhcl.edu/portal/page/pct/USN/TheSignal/Life?articleId=402
Steven Egger, associate professor of criminology at the University of Houston

Not only is it difficult to figure out why serial killers continue to kill, it is also hard for law enforcement agencies to identify a serial killer due to "linkage blindness," another term coined by Egger in the 1970s. "Police don't share information across jurisdictional boundaries," Egger said. "There's always some friction there." Agencies prefer to worry only about their own jurisdiction, instead of sharing information to work together to solve a murder.

Egger says a serial murder investigation may, but not always, have as many as seven different crime scenes: the place the victim was initially lured, transportation to a different location, the place the victim was kept, transportation to another location, where the victim was killed, where the body was dumped, and where the weapon was dumped.

"In most instances all the police have is the dumpsite," Egger said. Egger says the other crime scenes are never investigated because of linkage blindness and the fact that law enforcement officials usually treat serial murder as a single homicide.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24917906/tbi-looking-to-possible-adams-connection-to-attempted-kidnapping
TBI looking into possible Adams connection to attempted kidnapping
Posted: Mar 07, 2014

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and Centerville police are looking into whether Zachary Adams, the man suspected in the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo, may have been connected to an attempted kidnapping of a woman just three months before Bobo disappeared.

The TBI now tells us it is looking into whether Adams was connected to Sullivan's attempted abduction but says it has not launched a formal investigation.

http://www.eregulations.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/13TNHD_LR.pdf
White-Tailed Deer Hunting Units, Seasons, & Bag Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members