SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
... hard evidence, of which, so far, I have seen or heard of none.

Respectfully snipped by me.

I don't think now is the time for an itemized laundry list of allegations, facts, and evidence from LE. If the preliminary hearing doesn't offer up more details via the media, we'll have to wait until trial.

I'm of the opinion that "no bond" is reserved for the most heinous of crimes...and, imo, perpetrators. They have not satisfied any of the ties to the community/likelihood to not flee/etc that would assuage the fears of the judge regarding jumping bond. They are a threat to the community.

In short, I'm of the opinion that the Moorers placed themselves in jail by lying to the police and admitting to indecent exposure. That led to further proof of guilt likely being obtained from their unlivable home though we've not too many details on that.

I'm confident that the direct evidence, which will come out in due time per the typical trial schedule, will be damning.

Sent from my KFTHWI

We now have 2 pictures taken on 2 different days so I'm leaning towards skid marks not wet tire marks. Hopefully LE measured the tire marks and compared them to the tires on the M's and HE autos.

I imagine that LE could also take samples of the rubber left behind in the skid marks and do forensic comparisons to the tires on the Moorer's vehicles. MOO.

Thats a great picture of the marks on the road. Multiple marks.

IMO
The bendy one looks like someone peeling out leaving the landing area because it is darker at the further point and gets lighter towards the closest point. Normally when burning out, it is darker when you first start out. So that tells me it looks like a vehicle leaving the landing area and heading towards whoever took photo. The only weird part is why on that side of road if peeling out to leave.

Also, I cant see someone burning out pointing at the water because they could fly in the water if they go too far. And I cant see it being a vehicle coming to a screeching halt going that way because it would be darker at the nearest point.

Does any of that make any sense? :)

I agree with you. The marks look to me like the ones around boat landings here when there is someone that doesn't have a lot of experience of pulling a boat out of the water. They peel out, they swerve, they get laughed at by everyone waiting for the ramp. :twocents:

It looks to me like there are three different pics on Dec 20th from three different angles and possibly different times.
Let me try to put them all together...
divesearch.JPG

3108693_G.jpg

diveseach1.JPG

The video of CarolinaAsh or LadyHawkyes look to have skid marks at the 9 second mark vearing to the left.

To travel there and back, it was said in MSM that the surveillance of the black truck showed it traveling fast. I can see skid marks, was Heather run down? I think a quick shot would do it. DNA found in SM's black truck possibly, yeah. Who drove? Was SM cuffed or go willing? TM doesn't seem to have the word vibrant in her description or posts online. Rather a drunk and possibly pill popper. jmo

It could be hair(s) with death band matching Heather's or body fluids in that truck. DNA is there.

Wasn't TM's red truck bought after Heather went missing? I'm part timing (taxes). tia

I was also wondering about the girl who also worked at TK that they found murdered under a bridge last May. I wonder if maybe SM was having an affair with her too and TM found out and went into a rage. Just a thought.

Tammy said she'd been "following" Sid since Jan. If she thought he was cheating, she may have seen him chat up this girl in the TK parking lot and just pathologically decided she was the one. Then here comes June and Heather...a Mrs. can't win

Respectfully snipped by me.

I don't think now is the time for an itemized laundry list of allegations, facts, and evidence. If the preliminary hearing doesn't offer up more details via the media, we'll have to wait until trial.

I'm of the opinion that "no bond" is reserved for the most heinous of crimes...and, imo, perpetrators. They have not satisfied any of the ties to the community/likelihood to not flee/etc that would assuage the fears of the judge regarding jumping bond. They are a threat to the community.

In short, I'm of the opinion that the Moorers placed themselves in jail by lying to the police and admitting to indecent exposure. That led to further proof of guilt likely being obtained from their unlivable home though we've not too many details on that.

I'm confident that the direct evidence, which will come out in due time per the typical trial schedule, will be damning.

Sent from my KFTHWI
BBM

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the circumstantial evidence in this case. I don't think that we will see much direct evidence in this case but I may be wrong.

MOO.

(rsbm)

Actually, I seem to recall that LE has said that they do not know how exactly Heather was killed. That being the case, they do not have any direct evidence of her murder whatsoever (or perhaps they just do not understand what 'direct evidence' means).

It looks to me like there are three different pics on Dec 20th from three different angles and possibly different times.
Let me try to put them all together...
divesearch.JPG

3108693_G.jpg

diveseach1.JPG

Gosh. These are good pics. I can see where the theory of Heather getting ran down comes from. Although, f150s have a pretty good turning radius. Pull in, do a tight turn around in the parking lot and then speed off after she gets in the truck. I just think if she was hit, there would be copious amounts of DNA in the area that she was struck.

Wonder if SM did work at the restaurant AB worked at...forgot the name but it was an upscale place and the staff did charity gigs there, too.

How does LE know Heather was at PTL during that time? Is it because her phone pinged there? And when they say all phone data stopped at 3:41, what does that mean? That someone turned her phone off, took out the battery, or she just stopped texting and calling at that time?

I believe the info provided at the recent court hearing will be sufficient for a jury to determine HE was at PTL during that time period.

JMHO
fran

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/03/19/4777318/testimony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html#.Uyo9rPldWHQ

That night

It is not clear who Sidney Moorer was with at 1:35 a.m. Dec. 18 when he made the call from a payphone on 10th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach to Elvis. The young woman was at home after having been on a date that night. Her date later cooperated with police and was cleared in the investigation, authorities said.

Sidney Moorer spoke to Elvis from the payphone for more than four minutes.

Elvis called a friend after the call and said Sidney Moorer was leaving his wife and wanted to resume their relationship, Elder said. After the phone call with Sidney Moorer, Elvis remained at home.

At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later. During that call, someone answered the phone and there was a 4:15 minute conversation.

Both Tammy and Sidney Moorer were at their home with the cell phone and Elvis was at her home, Elder said. But based on that conversation, Elvis got in her car and drove to the boat landing, Elder told the court.

At 3:38 a.m. , Elvis’ phone records show her phone was at the boat landing. From there, she called Sidney Moorer’s phone. She called it three more times a minute later, no answer.

At 3:41 a.m. Elvis’ phone stops sending data signals to cell phone towers or to a GPS backup connected to a Google account, Elder said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...tale-of-lives.html#.Uyo9rPldWHQ#storylink=cpy

It's be interesting if there were photos of this area just before 12/18. Isn't there some sort of imaging that can be pulled to look at a certain area during a certain time period? Or do old images get overwritten by newer images.

(rsbm)

Actually, I seem to recall that LE has said that they do not know how exactly Heather was killed. That being the case, they do not have any direct evidence of her murder whatsoever (or perhaps they just do not understand what 'direct evidence' means).

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

DNA in some fashion...or perhaps hair with a death band...even excessive amounts of blood...all these could confirm Heather to be deceased, although the precise manner of death wasn't confirmed.

They've stated in an article that they have direct evidence.

Sent from my KFTHWI

Gosh. These are good pics. I can see where the theory of Heather getting ran down comes from. Although, f150s have a pretty good turning radius. Pull in, do a tight turn around in the parking lot and then speed off after she gets in the truck. I just think if she was hit, there would be copious amounts of DNA in the area that she was struck.
Did it rain on the 18th, 19th or 20th? If so, it could have washed away some evidence.

DNA or perhaps hair with a death band could confirm Heather to be deceased, although the precise manner of death wasn't confirmed.

Sure, but neither of those things would qualify as direct evidence. Those both qualify as circumstantial evidence.

They said that the "phone data" ended at 3:41, not "phone activity". They could be interchangeable, but it does leave the possibility of something other than "phone data" happening after 3:41. JMO, but I cannot rule out the possibility of some activity that isn't "data" with the phone after 3:41.
Could you explain the difference a bit more? What can you do that isn't going to leave "data" on the phone?

"all phone data stopped" would literally mean the power source (battery) was removed. Even if you just turn off the phone, there are still tons of things going on with the phone in background running apps.

Whether LE knows for sure the battery was removed or they're just saying there was no further activity from cell provider records, I can't be sure, obviously.
Not all phones ping when turned off. Maybe some do. But all of them don't; turning them off turns off the ability to track them. It depends on the phone.

In this article, Google says the Droid OS does not emit a signal when turned off. This is the article that says NSA can track phones, but also explains that it was "suggested that it might be possible to place spyware on a phone that would keep some of its network functions active even after users pressed the power button to turn it off."

"When a mobile device running the Android Operating System is powered off, there is no part of the Operating System that remains on or emits a signal," Google told Privacy International."
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/nsa-track-off-mobiles,news-17851.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member