SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST**

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 2:29 a.m. , she called the payphone back, but no one answered. Elvis, who was still at her home, then called Sidney Moorer’s cell phone at 3:16 a.m. and again a minute later

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...imony-weaves-tale-of-lives.html#storylink=cpy

What did HRE do for 45 minutes? This time span is important. What if she wasn't alone during that time? And what if the next call to SM's phone wasn't from HRE at all?
You know, I can come up with 10 scenarios just off the top of my head where yes, Heather drove herself to PTL and 10 more where no, Heather didn't drive herself to PTL. Or even BY herself to PTL. Any single item taken alone can be theorized in many different ways. I'm hoping Heather gets her own forum, so we can break things down by Theories where TM murdered Heather; theories where SM murdered Heather; theories where SM AND TM murdered Heather; theories where Heather is living in Thailand; etc.

I agree with your definition. I think of smart phones needing a data plan (internet, some apps, email etc) And the simple phones (before the advent of smart phones) that just make calls and text do not need a data plan. No data activity on simple phones -- they just call and text.
So for them to say no phone data I equate that to the capabilities of a simple phone. Although you can turn off data activity on smart phones. I do not think HE's data was turned off just that it wasn't used. I'm hoping it was still pinging.
I agree that it makes more sense to say no phone activity if the phone is dead or disabled.

So, no data activity for a simple phones does not mean it is dead or disabled?

But does LE really have HRE at that location with her phone and car?

Without a witness saying that they saw her there at that time, LE is using circumstantial evidence to find that she was. That's good enough for me. In fact I like the circumstantial evidence better than eyewitness or direct evidence.

MOO.

First you have to find out the model of the tool box- some float due to being surprisingly light weight, and some are sealed- so they float too- also some are bolted in- some are set in. Some are so heavy those 2 could not lift it out of the bed empty.

ITA and I researched brite-tread crossover toolboxes (like the one SM had) before proposing my theory. The lightest one was 35 lbs. and it was a smaller narrow model. I made the assumption that his was bolted down, that's more or less necessary when you are carrying valuable tools in your truck bed. I also considered that, if this was a planned murder, the box would have been intentionally unbolted. HE weighed less than 100 lbs. so even a much heavier box could be dragged to the end of the bed by 2 people and shoved out. The boxes are water tight if they are carefully sealed and have not had holes for lower bolts drilled through them. The water tight aspect can also be altered by loosening the lid slightly. I'm not sold on the idea of the IE reenactment, but I do think the quickest method of disposal, leaving the least evidence, could be the tool box.

Even if LE can't prove who was in the vehicle and/or who was driving, etc., wouldn't the M's still more or less be held responsible due to the fact the vehicle is registered to them? Just wondering how this would work. Any ideas any one?

If someone drives my car and commits a crime, I am not charged. Now, it depends on the circumstances here. The prosecution has the burden of proof. They have to prove the Moorer's committed murder. They have stated that they drove to PTL and kidnapped and murdered her. Now the details of where may change, but they have to prove to a jury that they were in the vehicle and they did it. Not someone else, unless they hired someone, then it's a different situation. But, if say a family member drove her car and did it, they can't charge them because it's their car. That's not how it works. They would figure I out if they hired or arranged someone to do it, then they could charge them.

vu5aqegu.jpg
anu6a8eh.jpg
eru2utap.jpg
3ude6umy.jpg
udepe4y9.jpg

These are from google earth using the little man in the corner. Walking down by PTL, I didn't see any skid marks. Not sure when these were taken but worth a shot. Sorry if this isn't allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the M's vehicle chosen to match via tires or wheels, special type lights on it, tool box (obvious out of 81 that were inspected) on video to and from PTL, backed up with phone messages that coincide with the last time Heather had contact with anyone, her phone last pinged at that almost exact time, plus DNA, I can see the charges. Top it off with a picture of the M's holding a gun in a photo posted not long after those times, plus death revealed in hair band or blood etc...that is heavy circumstantial and direct evidence but the most damaging hasn't even been revealed. Not counting the handcuffed SM and all. jmo
Something just jumped out at me. The video, from the business close to the landing, may explain the time difference in MPH between the residential and the business videos. If either video shows that they lingered by the side of the road, waiting to see Heather's arrival, then sped off as soon as they saw headlights and heard/saw an incoming call ...if the phone went with the driver in the truck to PTL...one of those videos may have much more detail. Some of those rural businesses also have flood lights.

So, no data activity for a simple phones does not mean it is dead or disabled?
Yes. I have no data activity on my phone. I don't even have a data plan. Mine makes calls, takes calls and sends and receives texts and photos.

I am already convinced Heather is dead. Just anxious to hear more evidence.

I firmly believe that heather was killed in the front seat of the truck by TM in the backseat and SM panicked and drove like a madman back to their home. I think the DNA is blood in the front seat. I thk TM threatened SM once she found out he had called her and want to believe he didn't think TM would actually kill her. Obvious TM is a sicko and SM does not have much upstairs. I do think he will eventually crack but I don't think they will ever find HE.

All of this is on video?

No! Just the M's truck heading to the landing....I just edited my hypothesis since you posted this question, to make sure everyone knows that the rest of the scenario was my idea of what happened next. sorry for the confusion.

We need a new thread lol...this one got tiny for me somehow...all other threads are ok...am typing by rote, can't even see lol

I firmly believe that heather was killed in the front seat of the truck by TM in the backseat and SM panicked and drove like a madman back to their home. I think the DNA is blood in the front seat. I thk TM threatened SM once she found out he had called her and want to believe he didn't think TM would actually kill her. Obvious TM is a sicko and SM does not have much upstairs. I do think he will eventually crack but I don't think they will ever find HE.

I think Tammy sat up behind Heather and put a gun to her head ( did Sid even know she was in the back seat of the truck? Did he know she had the gun? ) this way Tammy had the gun on both of them and told Sid to drive where ever she wanted.
Did anyone ever figure out if there was a place where the truck could turn off after the last camera but before their home?

Without a witness saying that they saw her there at that time, LE is using circumstantial evidence to find that she was. That's good enough for me. In fact I like the circumstantial evidence better than eyewitness or direct evidence.

MOO.
I would, but not with a 4 minute window for a kidnap and murder.

What about the dog? Is that allowed in court?

I assume your talking about tracking,trailing or HRD dogs used in this case. I don't see why their use would be excluded from court. The dog handlers would have to testify about their use in this case and give their expert opinions about any alerts or tracks that were followed. The dogs training and field records would probably be asked for by the defense in an attempt to find a way to counter any dog evidence.

The jury would have to decide if the dogs work is material and relevant to the case.

MOO.

But does LE really have HRE at that location with her phone and car?

They might, but from what I have read and heard, I am not convinced. I know for a fact her phone and car were at PTL, but don't know that she was there. What if she called him at the payphone got no answer and then Tammy appeared at her door. Dragged her outside with a gun or killed her there and called sidney or had heather call him saying, I am with her. And drove her in her car to ptl, if she was alive, if not, she put her in her car. Either way drove heathers car there. Sidney met her there. Went back and got her car and heather.

Or sidney goes to her house on foot, after she calls the payphone looking for him. Tammy follows him there and something bad happens, they get in heathers car and bring her car to PTL and meet someone and get out fast to get rid of heather.

I think we are, perhaps, confusing physical evidence, particularly if it's graphic or otherwise compelling, with direct evidence.

I agree that a compelling circumstantial case can be powerfully effective in court, and that appears to be the type of case LE is carefully building. But no matter how much blood, brain matter, hair strands, tire marks that match trucks, car keys/cell phones, or people driving to scenes where the victim is, it's not direct evidence.

And the media has not been all that helpful here in separating direct quotes from paraphrasing or summarizing, or often interpretation of other people's statements.

I think this is a case with a lot of info that morphs but is often the same info at its core.

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for this time-line. Only two minutes between the time the truck passes and the time Heather's phone stops sending data signals. The truck was not even at PTL at 3:39. Makes no sense at all to me.

It seems one of two things.

Either the truck was flying really fast and got there and immediately subdued Heather and the phone OR maybe Heathers phone battery died before the truck even got there.

ETA OR to throw in a 3rd option that people are now discussing. Either TM or SM was at the landing with Heathers car and her phone and they turned it off knowing their significant other is coming to pick them up.

What if one of the videos shows great detail such as the blue light of a smart phone lighting up at the exact time that Heather was calling the phone? Wouldn't that be compelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member