Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 370 shadowed another plane...would that other plane not have noticed and said something by now?

IDK they are saying that if a plane's transponder is off, then it is silent to everyone on the flight management system, including other commercial planes.

I'm totally clear on the arcs. My question is where were the previous pings? That question has not been answered.

Thats a very good point. I am assuming those pings are what led the NTSB to tell the Australians to look in the South Indian Ocean.

It seems a very long shot that snooping on ATC communications would provide precise enough information for a jet flying one direction to find and shadow another jet flying a completely different direction.

At night.

Wouldn't MH-370 have to be tracking its 'target' on radar (using TCAS) for a shadow to be realistic?

Yes, that's how they said they would have done it - tracking the target on radar using TCAS in conjuction with snooping in on the ATC communications with that target.

The articles I read said that turning off the transponder does not turn off TCAS. So you could be "invisible" on the flight management system, but you can still see and hear other things.

So if shadowing was the original intent for MH370, surely they'd have had a specific plane picked out? How would they know that particular plane would be where they needed it to be when they were ready to "disappear?" I'm having trouble buying this theory because it seems like there are too many things needed in order for it to align. Just a short delay in takeoff could have thwarted their plan and the Singapore plane would not be in the right spot for them to shadow. Am I missing something?

It seems a very long shot that snooping on ATC communications would provide precise enough information for a jet flying one direction to find and shadow another jet flying a completely different direction.

At night.

Wouldn't MH-370 have to be tracking its 'target' on radar (using TCAS) for a shadow to be realistic?

Oh another thing is Keith Ledgerwood said that whoever was flying 370 would have had access to complete flight plan for the Singapore Air flight. (I guess just pull up on the computer?). SO I guess - this flight plan, combined with tracking on TCAS, combined with listening in on ATC comm.

So if shadowing was the original intent for MH370, surely they'd have had a specific plane picked out? How would they know that particular plane would be where they needed it to be when they were ready to "disappear?" I'm having trouble buying this theory because it seems like there are too many things needed in order for it to align. Just a short delay in takeoff could have thwarted their plan and the Singapore plane would not be in the right spot for them to shadow. Am I missing something?

Yes, that is very true.

Quoting Highflyer from the previous page:

The pilot's activities preceeding the flight, as well as the activities of everyone on board, are relevant to the investigators. However, until those activities are shown by fact, not rumor or speculation, to be nefarious, it's not fair for the media to present them as such or for the public to interpret them that way. The pilot may be an innocent victim whose grieving family doesn't deserve to see him villified in the public eye for doing such mundane and ordinary things as cleaning up his hard drive.

You say deleting game files from his computer is an oddity. How do you know that? Has information been released showing that he didn't regularly delete old game files? Has information been released showing that those files contained anything incriminating? I clean old files off my hard drive about once a week.

Is it an oddity that his family went to their 2nd home when they did? How do you know that? Maybe they had a habit of going to the second home on a certain day of the week or when the pilot's schedule called for him to be gone longer than one night. We don't know, so we certainly can't say it's an oddity. Maybe not going would have been the oddity.

IMO, it's not fair to the pilot, who by all accounts was an extremely caring and generous man, to villify him with no evidence of wrong doing. If investigators find something related to the disappearance of the plane on his computer, that's the time to release it. Not before.

BBM...

You make a very good point here (IMO)...

Release of inconsistent evidence should be made only AFTER any "wrongdoing" ..... If there is any...

JMO

Shadowing topic started for those that want to discuss. Waiting on mod approval - this is what I've included to get it started

Forbes Asia - Malaysia Airlines 370 in Central Asia?

Keith Ledgerwood
Did Malaysian Airlines 370 disappear using SIA68/SQ68 (another 777)?
Questions/Answers Follow-Up #1 - How Did Malaysian Airlines 370 disappear using SIA68/SQ68?

“I’m sure: MH370 escaped in the shadow of another plane” retired Air Force Colonel says

Blog below explains why it wouldn't work. I was also reading the game sim forum; people there said there is no way there was enough fuel.

Ask the pilot - Theories and topics discussed in these updates include: transponders, cell phones, the Singapore Airlines radar theory, onboard fire or fumes theory, hijacking and plane-as-a-weapon theories, and more… 3/18/14
THEORY OF THE DAY: The radar ruse. I’m talking about this post, by an aviation enthusiast named Keith Ledgerwood. His hypothesis is that the missing Malaysia Airlines jet had tucked up underneath a Singapore Airlines 777, causing the two planes’ radar signatures to appear as one. Thus disguised, the Malaysia jet flew on, undetected for hours before eventually breaking off and landing at an airfield in…? It fails to offer any explanation as to how, once separating from the Singapore flight, the Malaysia jet could have completed its secret diversion without being seen

I agree with the above poster who pointed out about the family members suffering from fatigue and not being in their own homes. Especially the older ones.

I wonder if something different than the current having them in a hotel couldn't be offered to them? Some means of communication for each of them - I don't know, maybe an ipad for each of them or something like that - and assist them each in returning to their own home. Perhaps assisting other friends and family members to stay with them in their home.

I have been through a couple of very stressful incidents in my life. I had a child who was critically injured and hospitalized in a foreign country. It was torture for me to get there and torture for me to stay there in a hotel - by myself - until my child was released from ICU two weeks later. I longed for the comfort of my own home when I left the hospital each evening. After ICU release, an air transport brought me and my child back to the U.S. where an ambulance met us at the airport and took us straight to a hospital here in my city.

I noted that one of the family members said that people are getting sick and they were asking what was going to be done for them to give them medical care. This is an indication, to me at least, that these poor people somehow need to be convinced that it is not "giving up" for them to return to their own homes, their own doctors, and take care of themselves so that if their loved one does return they will be able to be of assistance to them.

I also read something about if something is found that the family members would be flown to Perth? IMO that's a very bad idea.

Well written...

I wonder if the family members are being provided an option to return home... Or someplace they feel more comfortable... And having resources closer at hand... To help them regain/continue their strength as they go through this most horrible experience...

Shelter, food, etc. are crucial... But emotional needs are so very important, too...

JMO

Shadowing topic started for those that want to discuss. Waiting on mod approval

Oh another thing is Keith Ledgerwood said that whoever was flying 370 would have had access to complete flight plan for the Singapore Air flight. (I guess just pull up on the computer?). SO I guess - this flight plan, combined with tracking on TCAS, combined with listening in on ATC comm.

For aa - this reminds me of your early post re possible hi-jack as a test run. I disagreed with this on the basis that the world would then be alerted to the situation. The shadowing possibility would change my mind, as in any future action the plane would be invisible. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, scary thought. You get on a plane and you have no idea what's in the cargo area below you.

Should definitely be laws against it! I hope this isn't done on US planes.

Here is the original posts that mentioned it could be seen on Google Earth:

First:

Websleuths - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

Clarification that it was Google Earth:

Websleuths - View Single Post - Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #12

We need a SCREENSHOT if anyone is able to find it.

It apologize in advance ... Because I am behind y'all...

But IF these images can be seen on google earth by the searchers....

then... :thud:

JMO...

I'm totally clear on the arcs. My question is where were the previous pings? That question has not been answered.

Exactly. I don't think anyone is trying to rehash the arcs. We're just wondering why they haven't shown us the previous pings and why. The previous pings would help determine if the plane was going in a straight line or zig zagging around more. It wouldn't be exact, but it would be helpful. I'm quite certain this information exists and I find it suspicious that they won't show us. I think they have a much better idea of what happened then they are telling us.

Why were there no phone calls from Malaysia Airlines Flight 370?

Many recall that when United Flight 93 was hijacked on September 11, 2001, passengers were able to make two cell phone calls during the flight's final moments. Several other calls were made using airphones.

If metadata was detected from cell phones on Flight 370, surely it would shed more light on the missing plane's flight path?

The plane may have been flying too high or too fast to register with cell towers, according to telecoms experts, but careful analysis of the passengers' cell phone records will need to be completed to be certain.

"So far, we have not had any evidence of any telephone company of any member trying to contact," said Malaysia Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya at a news conference on Monday.

"But anyway, we are still checking. There are millions of records to process. It is being done as part of the investigation."

Hi, just a forum question. Can anyone tell me why my posts have 'Edit' at the bottom, instead of quote.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member