MD MD - Baltimore, WhtFem 24-30, UP5439, 'Curtis Lee' turtle tatt, scar, needle marks, clothes, Jun'87

Odyssey

Verfied Insider Diane Genice Dye
Reaction score
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5439

Found 6/16/87

Estimated Post Mortem Interval: Hours

Weight: 138

Height: 66"

Tattoo of turtle with "Curtis Lee" text.

Found with body:

Underwear, jeans with belt

1 key on ring, 1 small ring, a business card, 1 pack open cigarettes, 1 comb

According to another message board, there is a post-mortem on the Maryland Missing site, however when I tried to go there, I got an alert "This Site May Be Hacked", so I didn't want to click into the site.

Also thanks to my dad constantly educating me on doo-wop when I was a kid, I am aware of a singer named Curtis Lee. His best known hit was Pretty Little Angel Eyes.

Google does display a "This site may be hacked" warning under the link to Maryland Missing Persons Network but I was able to view the picture on the site without any warnings from my virus protection program.

**WARNING: POST-MORTEM photos at link below**
http://www.marylandmissing.com/unidentifiedpersons.html
**WARNING: POST-MORTEM**

An additional warning for those who don't wish to view post-mortem photos: if you search Google for "Curtis Lee turtle," Jane Doe's post-mortem will show up.

I wonder if Curtis Lee was a school and a turtle was a mascot... although I searched Curtis Lee High School and didn't find anything.

The University of Maryland's mascot is the terps.

terps-e1322398840111.jpg

I wish we knew what was on the business card that was found with her.

Another possibility for the turtle is it could be related to the bars The Greene Turtle, at least some of which were around in 1987. Also, there's a Greene Turtle in Westminster, MD where Curtis Lee Frisby went to HS. Not saying that he is in any way connected, but he could have been a high school boyfriend, and they could have hung out at the Greene Turtle? Or she may have worked there and met him there, or something. Just brain-storming, thinking of anything else turtle-related in Maryland.

If on some off-chance she WAS a former HS girlfriend of his, here are the senior photos of that graduating class: http://whsclassof1982.weebly.com/senior-pics.html

Could the spelling not be Curtis lee but maybe curt I slee or something?

Reconstruction and image of turtle:

Attachments

• 100_UnidWF1987 baltimore city jun 16 1987.jpg
    100_UnidWF1987 baltimore city jun 16 1987.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 87 1352 final.jpg
    87 1352 final.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 71
The turtle seems like it could be a symbol associated with a child - perhaps a son named Curtis Lee?

I can see the turtle being associated with a child but because its on her buttock I would think it was associated with an intimate partner. I'm thinking a mom would have put the tattoo someplace like her arm, leg, back, over her heart. IMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back