Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand your post as it doesn't seem to be related to what I was saying, responding to, or quoting.

My post wasn't about what LE can prove or not prove. LE only needed probable cause for affidavits, not proof.

I have never said what Hailey told her grandma was true or untrue. How would I know?

Now that you mention it, there was no other person to back that assertion up. Odd isn't it? And I don't think that between Hailey's friends and her closeness to her mother, she would have told only her grandmother, if she had been afraid of SA, while living in a house with her mother and brother, and father right across a field. kwim?

I think you assume a lot by saying "she only felt safe sharing with Connie J, very likely."

Everyone who knew Hailey said she was very outspoken, blunt and tough.

You're right about that!!!!! Family, friends, teachers, coaches and anyone that knew Hailey said outspoken was an understatement. In fact Clint and David have said multiple times, if you don't like Billie Jean you wouldn't have liked Hailey they were just alike. Clint referred to Hailey as Billie times 2 lol

You're right about that!!!!! Family, friends, teachers, coaches and anyone that knew Hailey said outspoken was an understatement. In fact Clint and David have said multiple times, if you don't like Billie Jean you wouldn't have liked Hailey they were just alike. Clint referred to Hailey as Billie times 2 lol

Sometimes the strongest appearing and most vocal try to keep up the appearance when someone else scares the crap out of them. IMO she could be all those things and still scared and confide in her grandmother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand your post as it doesn't seem to be related to what I was saying, responding to, or quoting.

My post wasn't about what LE can prove or not prove. LE only needed probable cause for affidavits, not proof.

I have never said what Hailey told her grandma was true or untrue. How would I know?

Now that you mention it, there was no other person to back that assertion up. Odd isn't it? And I don't think that between Hailey's friends and her closeness to her mother, she would have told only her grandmother, if she had been afraid of SA, while living in a house with her mother and brother, and father right across a field. kwim?

I think you assume a lot by saying "she only felt safe sharing with Connie J, very likely."

Everyone who knew Hailey said she was very outspoken, blunt and tough.

Yes, forgive me. I should have said I was using your post as a jumping off point. I wanted to express a possibility as to why this issue was not raised in the affidavits, or thought of within the context of probable cause.

In response to the fact you think it is odd that Hailey would only confide in Connie J. Respectfully, I think you are assuming quite a bit about Hailey yourself. If you find it unbelievable that Hailey wouldn't have shared her feelings and concerns about Shawn Adkins with her Mother, Father or friends, I don't know how to respond to that. After three years of watching the conduct of the adults in her life, I can clearly see how/why Connie Jones would be Hailey's safe person. MOO

We can't know now but, perhaps Hailey did say something to her mother, with no results. What did Hailey say to her friends about it?

[/B]

Wrong

And you've spent time with this family as I have? You've heard differently with your own ears? I'm sorry, but I have met and been in close contact as well as become friends with or at least friendly with all of them. There is not one person that I have ever spoken to that has not described Hailey exactly as that. This includes her father and brother plus both paternal and maternal aunts, uncles and grandmothers. She was a prize child, so adored by her family and they loved her spunkiness.

And you've spent time with this family as I have? You've heard differently with your own ears? I'm sorry, but I have met and been in close contact as well as become friends with or at least friendly with all of them. There is not one person that I have ever spoken to that has not described Hailey exactly as that. This includes her father and brother plus both paternal and maternal aunts, uncles and grandmothers. She was a prize child, so adored by her family and they loved her spunkiness.

Even spunky children can be afraid and voice those fears to a trusted confidant

I do appreciate that you bring and insde view of the family. And appreciate hearing the views as expressed to you about Hailey.

But I do believe it possible that she only expressed herself so bluntly to her grandmother about her fears.

Im sorry, I'm not going to debate this decent family any longer. Hailey is still the love of her family's life. Hate does no good and will not help bring her, her so over due justice. I have come to love Clint, Billie David and their families and through them Hailey. I'm sorry if you disagree with me that these parents have done everything they can to get justice for Hailey. I will not condemn them for not knowing what the future held for their precious baby. I know in my heart as I have held each as they mourned Hailey they are good people. They will never be complete again and my heart breaks every time I think of what their lack of future holds with no Hailey.
I stand by them in their desperate fight for JUSTICE FOR HAILEY

Im sorry, I'm not going to debate this decent family any longer. Hailey is still the love of her family's life. Hate does no good and will not help bring her, her so over due justice. I have come to love Clint, Billie David and their families and through them Hailey. I'm sorry if you disagree with me that these parents have done everything they can to get justice for Hailey. I will not condemn them for not knowing what the future held for their precious baby. I know in my heart as I have held each as they mourned Hailey they are good people. They will never be complete again and my heart breaks every time I think of what their lack of future holds with no Hailey.
I stand by them in their desperate fight for JUSTICE FOR HAILEY

I think there must be some miscommunication going on. Speaking for myself, I am in no way attempting to diminish Haileys strength or her immediate family. I do not believe her grandmother lied. I believe the child was creeped out by SA and expressed that fear to her.

Ive followed this case before the national media even got involved.
I've wanted nothing but for Hailey to be found, I was hoping it would be alive, sadly it wasn't. I want nothing but justice for Hailey.

I hope no post of mine is disrespectful of any family member. But I do feel that it is completely possible that Hailey was creeped out by SA and told ONLY, so far,her grandma so. We have no idea if this would have been revealed further in future.

I have my own theory about SA's behaviors as described by Hailey to her grandmother.

They have to do with him taking "inventory" of the household and its occupants before the *advertiser censored* watching or sex games began.

Both the adults in the household have admitted to watching *advertiser censored* and being interested in serial killers, etc.

As an adult with older kids in the house who might catch on to unusual behavior from adults in the household . . .

Many strong and outspoken people keep things to themselves. I can totally see a smart switched on girl realising that making a fuss about fears versus actual abuse would mean blowing her life up and to what avail? Without being direspectful, we have heard about the 911 calls where SA threatened harm and Billie called him MHMR. Did much change after that? Looks like life went on. We have heard about the knock down fight on the front lawn between SA and Clint. There is no denying Clint struggles to stay out of jail and sober. With that potential for violence and knowing Clint's house wasn't a real option what might Hailey think would come from it? Billie was apparently more with it even with their trips to Snyder emptying their accounts at the atm and buying pills. These are not rumours these are what the people themselves have relayed. In this atmosphere I have no doubt Hailey may voice quiet fears to a grandmother - with no dispresect again, as I personally find her quite likeable, a woman who does not seem to have a lot of agency/control over the family else, she may have acted on these concerns. Had she been the kind to, Hailey probably wouldn't have told her either.

I get so mad for poor Hailey.

It is not necessarily a case of lieing, the real world does not work like that. Things are not black and white, they are shades of grey, and over time pale grey can become dark grey (or the reverse) if you know what I mean. Mild suspicion today becomes absolute fact tomorrow. You should not forget that this allegation was not included in LE affidavits at a time when they were including such information, so why not?

Whatever happened, the GM apparently did nothing about it at the time since everyone is saying that it is the first they heard about it, so whatever it was likely was not serious. It was probably something like SA going to the washroom at night, with HD being suspicious of him, and telling the GM he was "sneaking" around at night and "probably" was checking her out. That seems like a reasonable scenario to me, one you would expect from a teenaged girl whose mother just got a new live-in boyfriend. Then "probably" became "was" after HD disappeared and the GM decided that SA was the one. In any event, whatever HD's fears were, real or imagined, nothing apparently happened in all the time SA was there.

If you want to find out what HD was really thinking during this time, go and speak to that MB girl, not the GM, not her parents, not her brother. Talk to her closest friends, not her relatives.

A couple of posts were removed because they were talking about other posters rather than this case. If you see a poster writing something that is not allowed, alert the post. Do not respond yourself. Alerts from Hailey's forum come straight to me and it doesn't usually take me very long to review the problem. :tyou:

I do not understand at all why there hasn't been an arrest. The case should be handed over to someone else if they are just going to sit on it.

I do not understand at all why there hasn't been an arrest. The case should be handed over to someone else if they are just going to sit on it.

They only get one shot at conviction. I don't believe they are just sitting on it. Maybe they're waiting on a few more pieces to come together.
I would hope the local media does a follow-up and beg for leads, witnesses to come forward. Lots of cases are eventually solved & convictions that way.

Billie would not listen to LE about SA....what makes anyone think she would listen to Hailey? How many Mothers take the side of the child in these instances? We have seen time after time boyfriends abusing the girlfriends daughter and the Mother never will believe it! I think Connie J knows exactly what Hailey thought. JMO

Billie would not listen to LE about SA....what makes anyone think she would listen to Hailey? How many Mothers take the side of the child in these instances? We have seen time after time boyfriends abusing the girlfriends daughter and the Mother never will believe it! I think Connie J knows exactly what Hailey thought. JMO

Excellent analogy. :great::great:

01/21/2011 - Hailey Dunn Case - Billie Dunn Upset Because Shawn Adkins Is Prime Suspect - YouTube

Billie Dunn Says in Last NewsWest 9 Interview That Shawn Adkins Had Something to do With Hailey's Di - YouTube

Thanks for saying exactly what I was thinking. :eek:

I will admit I'm not an sa fan, however how does Billie not ending her relationship based on what the officers told her have to do with taking her daughter's words (that were never expressed) to heart? That is very prejudice against her as parent. It took longer than I hoped, many of us hoped, but she left him years ago. The police had lied to her, which they have the legal right to do, however it does not mean you suddenly believe them. If Hailey had told either of her parents things would have been different. Clint said had he heard about it he would have beat him to (insert cussing) death. Understand please you can not compare Hailey's relationship where she herself said her momma was her hero, to Billie not leaving Shawn right away because of local le's words. There is still no evidence that they've given to the public that would gain 12 guilty votes or he would have been arrested.
One of my bff's, Carrie's live in boyfriend(now husband, beautiful wedding) failed 8 or 9 polygraphs about her daughter Amber's murder and she believed in him until a cop told her Dave had hit amber(was not true). Now Dave and Shawn are light years from being even the same type of person, but there is a reason we have a justice system. Innocent until Proven guilty.
I don't know if sa had any involvement, but I do know you can't condemn a person for not seeing a possible monster, but a loved one. How many single mothers do you know that date, live with or have married a man and moved him in with her children? Are they all hideous people too. Just to clarify, I'm not defending because my circumstances are the same. I've been married to the same man for over 23 years and we have 3 children together and yet I can sympathize as well as empathize how hard it must be to blend families. Please try to look at these people from a very normal, human side of things. If they knew what was to become of Hailey and they couldn't stop it. Clint and Billie have said they would have kept their family together while they could and savored every moment. Hindsight is 20/20 for the victim's family, outsiders always believe they've had perfect vision from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong