GUILTY MI - Arthur Rathburn charged w/ dealing in diseased body parts, Warren, March 2014

I wonder if this is related to the body parts that were turning up in the sewer over the past year.

I thought about that, too. The location of the skull found in Warren is reasonably close to where body parts were found in parts of Macomb County. This makes more sense to me than the skull, lab coat, I.D. badge being somehow related to missing Dr. Teleka Patrick who disappeared from Kalamazoo in southwestern Michigan. :moo:

On the blue bag: American Academy of Family Physicians

http://www.aafp.org/home.html

AAFP Headquarters - Leawood, Kansas
American Academy of Family Physicians
11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
Leawood, KS 66211-2680

Mailing Address
American Academy of Family Physicians
P.O. Box 11210
Shawnee Mission, KS 66207-1210

AAFP Washington Office
1133 Connecticut Ave., NW
Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20036

Skull found in Warren dumpster - YouTube

I very much doubt it would be Taleka. She was wearing street clothes when she disappeared, and IIRC she left her ID at work when she took off.
I am wondering if this is just a case of someone getting rid of something they have had for years ( and not supposed to!) such as a skull 'borrowed' when a medical student.. or maybe just a joke ( halloween costume?) I know when I was in training ( NOT a doctor) they gave us a box of human bones that we needed to study for Gross Anatomy... so it is possible way back in the day, a med student could have been given a skull to use for their anatomy class, and never gave back.
I doubt if the skull belongs to the lab coat and ID (ie the bones of a doctor) who ever did it would have kept them together. Or carried a skull around. The question I would have is how 'clean' the skull is.. as far as flesh, etc. If it were someone who is the victim of foul play I would assume it would show evidence of decomposition...

Well, what if it is Kahlil Malik Tatum's lab coat? He was posing as a doctor (albeit on the phone) in the missing person's case of Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8 yrs. old missing out of Washington, D.C.

I know, I know. Way too far a stretch, but this is really, really strange. I just do not think it is an innocent thing. Wasn't there an Amber Alert out of Kansas a few days ago? Was it an older teen and her little sister? I believe there was a note in her vehicle when it was found with something like 'I'm sorry'?

I'm old, I'm tired, and my memory is shot because I've been upset about Teghan, Relisha, and too many others to count!

MOO's

Mary Lands disappeared in 2004 from Marshall.

Lands was a nurse and was still in her uniform (blue scrub shirt and dark blue scrub pants) when she disappeared. Her profile doesn't mention a doctor's coat, but she may have owned one since she did work in a hospital ...

However, the distance between Marshall and Warren is 112 miles. That's a pretty long commute to work; I think the distance makes it less likely she worked in a Warren hospital. But it's not long enough to rule her out, I think.

This is getting to be ridiculous.

March 27, 2014, skull: Human skull found in Warren trash
A human skull was found in an apartment complex trash container in southwest Warren on Wednesday, according to a television news report.

A woman searching for recyclables at the Warren Manor Apartments on Dequindre Road near Eight Mile Road made the gruesome discovery, WXYZ-TV (Channel 7) reported.

Police Commissioner Jere Green said police also recovered a laboratory coat and a doctor’s identification in the trash near the skull. He said investigators don’t expect to retrieve fingerprints from the skull but may be able to determine who the remains were through DNA analysis.
Feb 3, 2014: St. Clair Shores mom arraigned in dismemberment of mentally ill son
His mother, Donna Scrivo, a registered nurse, was granted guardianship of Ramsay, who a doctor listed as paranoid, delusional and suicidal. Today, she was arraigned on charges of disinterment and mutilation of a body in the death of her 32-year-old son, whose body parts were found Thursday in bags that had been left in rural parts of China and St. Clair townships. Investigators believe his death occurred in St. Clair Shores, ...
Jan 31, 2014, Ramsay Scrivo, white man, head and torso: Michigan body parts found in snow
Body parts were discovered along a snowy road in rural Michigan late Thursday afternoon, in four different locations. Some remains were in garbage bags, some were not. Authorities believe the remains are those of a white man. Early Friday, a bag of clothes and burned papers was found near the Interstate 94 ramp.

The St. Clair County Sheriff’s Department is in charge of the investigation, which began Thursday after a female witness notified the sheriff’s department that she saw a middle-aged woman dumping the garbage bags off a snowy road in the small community of China Township. Another witness saw the garbage bags being dumped, also. The body parts include a head and torso, which were strewn in the snow. It is not known how many bags were found, or any specific details about the remains.
Dec 13, 2013: Grosse Pointe man who sold human heads accused in body-brokering case
Arthur Rathburn, a former morgue attendant suspected of illegally selling body parts from a Detroit industrial site, sold human heads and cadaver parts since at least 1995, the Motor City Muckraker has learned. The Grosse Pointe Park businessman, who has a sketchy past, is under investigation by the FBI. Agents spent another day in HAZMAT suits today, searching for bone fragments and human remains at his company, International Biological, near the Coleman A. Young International Airport.
Sept 29, 2013: Body parts found in sewer might be medical waste
For a third time in a little over a year, body parts have been found in the sewers surrounding Detroit.

On Wednesday, workers found human remains while working in the sewer system in Sterling Heights, Mich. They were found at about 8:15 a.m. Wednesday on a grate in the sewer line in a Sterling Heights power line corridor by workers making repairs to the sewer system, Sterling Heights police said Thursday.

The body parts could be medical waste improperly disposed of via the sewer system at an unknown location, police said.
Dec 2012, white woman without tattoos: No ID on body parts found in Michigan sewer, police say
WARREN, Mich. – Body parts found in a Detroit-area sewer in December came from a woman, but not the same woman whose partial remains were discovered in a nearby community's sewer line during the summer, police said Friday.

A DNA analysis of the two fleshy pieces found Dec. 20 by sewer contractors in Warren determined they belonged to a white woman, Police Commissioner Jere Green said at a news conference. However, he said, the woman's identity is not known.
Aug 2012, white woman with tattoos: A dozen body parts discovered in Detroit area sewer
A construction crew in suburban Detroit on Wednesday morning found around a dozen body parts 50 feet deep in the city's sewer.
"There were maybe a dozen softball-sized pieces of a body," he said. "No arms or leg or torso -- nothing like that. Definitely a Caucasian. We're not sure if it's male or female."

"At least six or eight of these pieces had part of a tattoo on them," Riley said. "Once the medical examiner collected them he was able to clean things up and take a look at them and with photographs of these pieces we can tell it's a tattoo. We can't tell what it's a tattoo of, but there are two pieces that match up – it's like a puzzle and we don't have all the pieces to it."
July 11, 2012: More body parts found in Detroit park
Cadaver dogs discover a human leg and arm scattered in the grass at Eliza Howell Park on the city's west side.

Attachments

• ht_body_parts_found_1_nt_120815_wn.jpg
    ht_body_parts_found_1_nt_120815_wn.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 37
  • ht_body_parts_found_2_nt_120815_wn.jpg
    ht_body_parts_found_2_nt_120815_wn.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 35
Well, we do know that Ramsay was killed by his mother for whatever reason. She's in jail. She was also a nurse so she is well schooled in medical. I have to wonder if all her son's parts/organs were recovered.

What if all of this is happening for organ procurement? There is an underworld market for organs. I simply do not buy that this is medical waste of any sort improperly disposed of.

Something very evil is going on here. I do not believe in this sort of coincidence of body parts being located in areas of the same state.

Wasn't there a doctor from New York caught and convicted for actually selling organs? Those victims were alive when those organs were harvested.

MOO

Serial killer much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the cases are all related, it would have to be Donna Scrivo, because there seems to be very little doubt she was responsible for her son's death.

Well, we do know that Ramsay was killed by his mother for whatever reason. She's in jail. She was also a nurse so she is well schooled in medical. I have to wonder if all her son's parts/organs were recovered.

What if all of this is happening for organ procurement? There is an underworld market for organs. I simply do not buy that this is medical waste of any sort improperly disposed of.

Something very evil is going on here. I do not believe in this sort of coincidence of body parts being located in areas of the same state.

Wasn't there a doctor from New York caught and convicted for actually selling organs? Those victims were alive when those organs were harvested.

MOO
We know Ramsay Scrivo's head was recovered because it was seen by whomever reported those garbage bags to the cops.

This is the first I've heard of two decapitated bodies being found along with those tattooed bits in the sewer though. What? Last I checked, LE was saying those parts could be offcuts from a back-alley plastic surgeon. Kind of a big difference there!

The decapitated bodies weren't found in the sewer with the tattooed skin. (Can't believe I just wrote that!) It was a separate location. They were found in the detroit river. Looks like it was just worded kinda funny.

It is not the first discovery of body parts in the Detroit metropolitan area this summer. The decapitated bodies of a man and a woman were found in July in the Detroit River and a canal.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dozen-body-parts-discovered-detroit-area-sewer/story?id=17015465

More detailed info: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/1...r-body-parts-found-floating-in-detroit-river/

An arrest in that case in July 2012: http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/07/20/arrest-in-case-of-dismembered-bodies-found-in-river/

I didn't know about the bodies in the river. That's another incident to add to the list.

BTW, I didn't mean to give the impression there's a connection between all of these findings. The fact that presumably they are NOT related is what I find uncanny.

I used to live in Michigan. It was such a pretty state. Sounds horrible now!:hills:

I didn't know about the bodies in the river. That's another incident to add to the list.

BTW, I didn't mean to give the impression there's a connection between all of these findings. The fact that presumably they are NOT related is what I find uncanny.

Yeah, that is weird.

And several of them seem to have some sort of medical connection.

I wish we could get an update on the skull. I read about so many things in the news and sometimes never see an update.

*Michigan is absolutely beautiful! I've been there on vacation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99
Back