Found Deceased OK - Tommy Eastep, 30, Lake Eufaula, 7 July 2013

I noticed that NamUs lists Tommy's height at 60", which is an error. According to the flier put out by his family, he is 6'1" tall. He weighs about 170 pounds and has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Last seen wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and sandals.

I was looking for more details on Tommy's disappearance and came across a post by a friend of his older brother's, giving a timeline of events:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7667461

If the information in this post is correct, then Tommy was actually in Holdenville on July 6 or 7 where his truck was later found (and not carjacked or something in Eufaula).

It also appears that his truck was actually found by a hunter within a week after Tommy vanished and this was reported to the sheriff's office, but there was no follow-up and the truck sat there almost three more months before being found by another hunter. And then it was a game warden and not the sheriff's office who finally went and checked it out.

Oklahoma LE at its finest. :banghead:

Bumping up this post because the timeline link is really helpful. I want to know when 'lil bro' left the road trip.

I checked ODCR and OSCN and Tommy has no criminal record in Oklahoma, other than traffic tickets and a 1995 charge of Impersonating an Officer.

No records found for Tommy on the Oklahoma DOC Offender Lookup.

I'm not aware of a missing gun either. Source?

Impersonating an officer at 13yrs old? Was it Halloween? :floorlaugh:
I'm sorry...that's not funny. I wonder what was up with that though?

Based on all the sources I have seen so far, the bowhunter's post seems to be the most credible. He has presented reliable evidence that has not been seen in any other news source.

1) The bowhunter post said the truck was originally spotted shortly after Tommy's disappearance. This was later confirmed by Tommy's mother via the find Tommy facebook page.

2) The bowhunter post said he was an addict. This is the only source that references a drug problem (that I have seen) [modsnip]

This makes me wonder if his truck was actually seen on the 7th in near Lake Eufaula. I think the correct date was actually the 5th.

On his FB page he has a pic (selfie) of him and a male he is calling his little bro. He is wearing the same clothes so I assume the "little bro" probably took the pic of him you are referring to above. The comments also include the info that this pic was taken in Davis (??)

I'm going out on a ledge here....In a previous FB post, he states his friends are helping him get set up on FB because he has been out of the loop, so to speak, for a decade. (paraphrasing because we can not paste FB posts).
I think he was probably in jail (sorry if this has been brought up...I'm not that quick :facepalm: sometimes)
I also think, IMO!!!! that a lot of his pics portray him as interested in the same sex. I only bring this up because it opens up another avenue, combined with being an addict, that could provide some clues.

You can see a reflection of the person taking the picture, and to me, it looks like a guy. Maybe a boyfriend?

I think this man may have very well committed suicide. Reason being:he was an addict, rejected by his family at the 4th of July celebration and the missing gun.

How do we know he was an addict? Did I miss something?!

Hi Everyone,

I've been doing some cleanup here, so if you have any questions, please send me a p.m.

I want to explain about social media, which includes facebook, blogs, twitter, bowhunternetwork, etc.

Our rules state that you may not copy/paste, but you can paraphrase and link to social media sites. Websleuths considers all information from such sites to be rumor because there is no way to verify who is who or what is said.

So, when you refer to information obtained from such sites, you need to be very careful to include phrases such as: "if it is true," "imo" (meaning "in my opinion"), etc. Something that lets others know the information is not considered factual.

It is okay to state whether you think the site is credible, again, as long as you say imo.

I hope this helps some. If you have questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Salem

You can see a reflection of the person taking the picture, and to me, it looks like a guy. Maybe a boyfriend?

IMO it as probably the guy, 'lil bro' that was in the next picture he took at the same time (same clothing) as seen on his FB page.

I checked ODCR and OSCN and Tommy has no criminal record in Oklahoma, other than traffic tickets and a 1995 charge of Impersonating an Officer.

No records found for Tommy on the Oklahoma DOC Offender Lookup.

I'm not aware of a missing gun either. Source?

Just wondering if by chance you checked Texas?

Just wondering if by chance you checked Texas?

Nah, Texas is a godawful patchwork of online and not-online counties. There's no central website where you can access all court records across the state. I wish all states' records were as easily accessible as Oklahoma's are.

ETA: Oh, BTW, I totally misread that record on Impersonating an Officer. That guy had a different middle name, so it's not our Tommy. It was bugging me why a juvenile record would be publicly available, so I looked it up again and saw my error. Sorry about that!

TE was admitted to the Blanchard ED on July 7th 2012 (about 1 year before disappearing). He was admitted due to complications from Meth. I think it is also interesting that both this event and his disappearance occurred during the weekend following the forth of July.

Given his non-alcohol PI in April 2013 and his 'dehydration' report in Holdenville, I would say that this disappearance could be linked to Meth. I think LE could get closer to answers by reaching out to his friends who may know about his drug connections.

TE was admitted to the Blanchard ED on July 7th 2012 (about 1 year before disappearing). He was admitted due to complications from Meth. I think it is also interesting that both this event and his disappearance occurred during the weekend following the forth of July.

Given his non-alcohol PI in April 2013 and his 'dehydration' report in Holdenville, I would say that this disappearance could be linked to Meth. I think LE could get closer to answers by reaching out to his friends who may know about his drug connections.

How is it known about 7/12? I don't remember reading this. Or about the dehydration report in March. I agree that both of those would make LE want to focus in a certain area if they are true. Where can I read about them?

http://texasequusearch.org/2014/03/missing-tommy-eastep-lake-eufaula-ok-7613/
Missing: Tommy Eastep, Lake Eufaula, OK (7/6/13)

Posted on 07. Mar, 2014 by Kevin Cotter in Active Cases, Missing Persons, TXEQ In Action

31 year-old Tommy Eastep was last seen in in Lake Eufaula, Oklahoma on July 6th 2013. Tommy’s pick-up truck was found abandoned 83 days later, near another town in Oklahoma. Tommy was last known to be wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt. Tommy has the words “Carpe Diem” tattooed on his left arm, and another unknown tattoo on his right arm. If you have seen Tommy since his disappearance, if you know of his current whereabouts, or if you have any information concerning his disappearance; please contact the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation at (918) 582-9075 – or call Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

I would like to reach out and say thank you to each and every one of you who has posted on this thread, as well as those who have silently read along - any and all attention can be so important when loved ones are missing! Some of you have gone to tremendous effort and obviously invested lots of your time in this search for Tommy; please know that it is much appreciated.
:tyou:

My interest in this case is personal: one of my cousins is married to Tommy's brother Clint. Though we are (hopefully obviously) not related by blood, I consider Clint a "cousin" and Tommy and the rest of them family too - that is the kind of family people we are on both sides of the tree. I want to do anything I can to help find Tommy, and seeing this much legwork done here really warms my heart.

I will try to answer any questions I can to the best of my knowledge, and respectfully ask the family for more information when warranted. Clint and I spoke earlier this evening on the phone. In post 24 OkieGranny so helpfully transcribed an interview with Clint from BlogTalk Radio about Tommy's disappearance. Having that transcription is very useful, because unfortunately it contains virtually all the information known by the family about this case.

I apologize: I'm not entirely clear regarding the rules of this forum and what I am allowed to post here in regards to things that can not be sourced in MSM. If permitted, I can and will happily clarify the very few things that are mysterious about this case, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post on the basis of "Tommy's brother says <x>" if it hasn't been reported in MSM. Would someone more experienced in the forum mind clarifying?

Again, thank you from the bottom of my/our hearts!
:loveyou:

ETA: panini in IRC helpfully informed me about the WS "verified insider" process for such matters. I have emailed the address at the post I found regarding that with the requested info, and said that they can call whenever, so hopefully that will get sorted out if it is needed! :)

LOL, clearly I'm not used to this forum. I managed to post this in what I thought would be an edit. My apologies once more!

I would like to reach out and say thank you to each and every one of you who has posted on this thread, as well as those who have silently read along - any and all attention can be so important when loved ones are missing! Some of you have gone to tremendous effort and obviously invested lots of your time in this search for Tommy; please know that it is much appreciated.

My interest in this case is personal: one of my cousins is married to Tommy's brother Clint. Though we are (hopefully obviously) not related by blood, I consider Clint a "cousin" and Tommy and the rest of them family too - that is the kind of family people we are on both sides of the tree. I want to do anything I can to help find Tommy, and seeing this much legwork done here really warms my heart.

I will try to answer any questions I can to the best of my knowledge, and respectfully ask the family for more information when warranted. Clint and I spoke earlier this evening on the phone. In post 24 OkieGranny so helpfully transcribed an interview with Clint from BlogTalk Radio about Tommy's disappearance. Having that transcription is very useful, because unfortunately it contains virtually all the information known by the family about this case.

I apologize: I'm not entirely clear regarding the rules of this forum and what I am allowed to post here in regards to things that can not be sourced in MSM. If permitted, I can and will happily clarify the very few things that are mysterious about this case, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post on the basis of "Tommy's brother says <x>" if it hasn't been reported in MSM. Would someone more experienced in the forum mind clarifying?

:welcome:

Thank you so much for joining us! We do this because we care, so please know that our hearts are with you and all of Tommy's family.

Tommy's case is especially heart-breaking because he is obviously so loved, but there's so little information to go on that it's really frustrating to try to figure out any possibilities of what could have happened to him or where he could be. Any additional info you can offer or any clarification of the few rumors we've picked up here and there would be very much appreciated.

In order to be allowed to post inside information, the first step is to become a Verified Insider, and I see you're already working on that. Any questions about what you can and cannot post as a VI can be answered by a mod during the verification process.

Good luck! We hope to be hearing more from you soon! :seeya:

Finally! A verified source. I did a lot of research earlier and I came up with a variety of conclusions, but unfortunately, they were based on data that I could not justify. As a result, many of my posts on this forum were deleted. Hopefully, I can use you to better justify my facts so I can get my posts back on this forum!

Finally! A verified source. I did a lot of research earlier and I came up with a variety of conclusions, but unfortunately, they were based on data that I could not justify. As a result, many of my posts on this forum were deleted. Hopefully, I can use you to better justify my facts so I can get my posts back on this forum!

I'm not verified *yet* - still waiting on contact / phone call (I expect?). I don't imagine it will take too long.

For anyone joining in that's unfamiliar with the area: this is small town SE OK. That's "code" for: legally and politically things operate a little differently there from what one might expect, people talk, meth is a very widespread issue, cartels (sometimes referred to as "Mexican mafia") have a presence, there are cultural and racial barriers (being delicate here...) that despite the somewhat redneck climate can be/are superseded by drug ties, etc.

Is any of that related to this case? I wish I could say, because that would narrow it down. Unfortunately I can't, but where there's an absence of solid clues, maybe possibilities are the best starting point?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back