Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trial is expected to go for several weeks. I'm from NSW and I yearning to be in that court if only a couple of days. The decision is what days would be the best and where is the closest (safest) hotel to the court. Anyone know Brisbane well?
i believe court's address is 415 George St Brisbane
The Mercure brisbane King George Square hotel is very close, one block away by the Roma street entrance to the court or Traders Hotel in Roma street next to Roma st train station is one block the other way. They are the closest I can think of and are good safe options. There are lots more options within a few blocks of the court. There are also backpackers not too far away and also some B&B's. Check out prices and look on google maps for where they are in relation to the court.

An aside
When Allison passed I was about on holidays criss crossing Queensland. I am just getting organised to go away again and cleaning out the bag I took with me back then. Finding receipts for very ordinary things I bought in the week before she went, and in the days after.
:candle:

The trial is expected to go for several weeks. I'm from NSW and I yearning to be in that court if only a couple of days. The decision is what days would be the best and where is the closest (safest) hotel to the court. Anyone know Brisbane well?
i believe court's address is 415 George St Brisbane

This is my silent support for Allison against (allegedly) domestic violence/murder and a very persistent other woman.
Allison was found and her family & friends knew her fate and had quick closure. The Morcombs had to wait years and fight exhaustingly for Daniel not to become a cold case, otherwise we know he would never ever have been found. I've wondered IF my family would fight for me so hard.

How long does Novy's family have to wait? As with Daniel, the longer it is the harder it is to find her body.

OHHH Darling TGY if you went missing all of us on WS would find you
8...)

An aside
When Allison passed I was about on holidays criss crossing Queensland. I am just getting organised to go away again and cleaning out the bag I took with me back then. Finding receipts for very ordinary things I bought in the week before she went, and in the days after.
:candle:

Possum life just goes on doesn't it....please do not pick up
any hitch hikers and don't talk to strangers lol xxxxxxx

Lawyer Doug Winning vows to fight professional charges

THE shoe is on the other foot for prominent Rockhampton criminal lawyer Doug Winning as he fights professional charges against him that threaten the closure of his legal practice. And, the Rockhampton lawyer typically is not backing down as he vows to tackle the charges.
The prosecutor in question was Daniel Boyle, the Crown representative in the case against accused murderer Gerard Baden-Clay. Mr Britton alleged in his statement of claim that during the course of the 2012 trial of The Crown against a former Rockhampton police officer on trial for sex offences, Mr Winning made a number of comments about Mr Boyle.
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/doug-winning-vows-to-fight-on/2212891/

Mr Britton alleged in his statement of claim that during the course of the 2012 trial of The Crown against a former Rockhampton police officer on trial for sex offences, Mr Winning made a number of comments about Mr Boyle.
http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/news/doug-winning-vows-to-fight-on/2212891/

Some of the comments Commissioner Britton claimed Mr Winning made were: "I take exception to this unethical creature", "Yes. I regard my learned friend as a dishonest barrister", "I'm about to retire from the law anyway, so I'm not worried about what this fellow says. He's a light weight", and, "Is he either a fool, or can't he read the judgment".

Just wondering if any Websleuthers are going to the High Tea at Ipswich Girls Grammar on the 4th May in honour of Allison.

Just wondering if any Websleuthers are going to the High Tea at Ipswich Girls Grammar on the 4th May in honour of Allison.

IN2ITION thanks for letting us know about the High Tea in honour of Allison.
It's reassuring, reaffirming of life and love, to know that Allison's Ipswich Grammar peers & friends are uniting to remember her. This will become a kind of gift 'of love' to her three girls as they grow up to reflect that their precious mother was 'valued' by her peers & friends, unlike their father and his family.

All in my opinion only.

I went to Kholo today. The cross has gone. There are signs at the eastern end of the bridge on both sides asking that flowers are left only at the memorial site.
I got photos.
Regards,
Poss

I went to Kholo today. The cross has gone. There are signs at the eastern end of the bridge on both sides asking that flowers are left only at the memorial site.
I got photos.
Regards,
Poss

Thanks Possumheart for checking it out for us. Look forward to those photos if you could post them.

Thanks Possumheart for checking it out for us. Look forward to those photos if you could post them.

Hopefully I have a picture of the sign attached now. This is right next to where you can scramble to down under the bridge.

attachment 2.jpg

Hopefully I have a picture of the sign attached now. This is right next to where you can scramble to down under the bridge.

Might be sideways, but shouldn't be.

I have even turned it and reattached but it is determined to be sideways .

Wow! I wonder if the family or the local council organised this? Or maybe in conjunction? I'm thinking that maybe the family had a voice in this given that the white painted bike and flowers are still there for the poor bike rider that got struck by a car on Moggill Rd?

Wow! I wonder if the family or the local council organised this? Or maybe in conjunction? I'm thinking that maybe the family had a voice in this given that the white painted bike and flowers are still there for the poor bike rider that got struck by a car on Moggill Rd?

What an official looking sign! Yes, Council have provided a memorial site, but the bridge itself has meaning for many people. Some may still want to place flowers on the bridge as a symbol of support for justice for Allison as we draw closer to the Trial. IMO grief is not neat and tidy, controlled and contained, but a haphazard expression of people's emotions. This will be a very significant Trial for the family and local community members. People may still need to speak and place flowers in their own way - maybe even around that pole itself. It's not a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288