Found Deceased MI - Dr. Teleka Patrick, 30, Kalamazoo, 5 Dec 2013 - #14

Respectfully, you are wrong. I was out during this time ice fishing. This is why I posted what I did.
Respectfully I read asearch of the lAKE EARLY ON AND THE SEARCHERS WENT INTO THE WATER IN WET SUITS AND SEARCHED:fence::fence::fence:
pERHAPS you were fishing in a different place.

Respectfully, you are wrong. I was out during this time ice fishing. This is why I posted what I did.
The temperatures were incredibly warm the first five days of December and above freezing during the month of November according to this:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KVPZ/2013/11/5/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Are you certain you were ice fishing during that time? The deep freeze came immediately after Dr. Patrick went missing.

My post from 1-24-14

Purely hypothetical here, she exits the car, enters the woods area, sees "open ground" runs onto the pond, like a snowmobille, as she runs on the pond she is fine, but when slows down, the weight causes her to break through. I ice fish the local area and had a good eye on ice thickness during this time. The ice was 2-3 inches thick at most. However, the weather would have froze the hole over rather quickly. I would like to know if divers have entered that body of water? If we can positively clear the body of water, and local woods, I think the odds go up that she is still alive. JMO....

click

Good call, by the way.

I believe the only thing(s) she was running from were in her head & caused by her mental illness.

After having read all the tweets, You Tube comments, other fora comments, and anything else I could get my hands on that Teleka herself wrote, and spending *days* reading and re-reading (we're talking this is how I spend my spare time for part of December, January, and much of February), there is no doubt in my mind that Teleka was running from imaginary demons, Marvins, henchmen, and all sorts of things. No one was chasing her in Reality. All of this occurred in her mind; that's why everything was such a coin toss until a body was found, she came forward on her own, or was found by accident. After she stopped tweeting, I have only speculation as to what was going on in her head, because that's where all the action was — in her head. That was one big reason I was looking for the two lost Twitter accounts, hoping some clue would pop up to give further insight into what she was thinking after she shut down. Teleka was running from imaginary bogeymen, nothing real. :( That's what made trying to predict 'if-thens' so tough.

Sent from Telezonia

Some of the websleuthers were exactly right about the location of Dr. Patrick. It does make me feel bad that her personal writings and videos were posted for the world to see. Rest in Peace, Dr. Patrick.

The temperatures were incredibly warm the first five days of December and above freezing during the month of November according to this:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KVPZ/2013/11/5/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Are you certain you were ice fishing during that time? The deep freeze came immediately after Dr. Patrick went missing.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...ity=Porter&req_state=IN&req_statename=Indiana

On the day she went missing, the high temperature in Porter was 46, the low was 22.

OT/ *Note to self* Best not to challenge WS members armed with stats. ;)

I would say so!! :)

I live fairly near the area and have followed the case since day 1 first in the news, the weather was too mild for deep ice formation. All the stats now prove this.

Dec 4 Actual Temp 56° Lo 42°

Dec 5 Actual Temp 46° Lo 22°

The freeze started Dec 6 th, the day after she went missing.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/porter-in/46304/month/2124347?monyr=12/01/2013

Some of the websleuthers were exactly right about the location of Dr. Patrick. It does make me feel bad that her personal writings and videos were posted for the world to see. Rest in Peace, Dr. Patrick.

Yes, I remember early in the case when several folks said they thought she was in a lake or nearby water. I disagreed at the time because I was suspecting foul play. It seems that it was probably a dreadful accident while running from imaginary foes, as Taticat said a few posts above.

RIP, Teleka. May you now have peace...

I am so sorry for Dr. Patrick. Although I suspected she had ended up in a body of water not far from her car, I was still clinging to hope she would be found alive and could get help for MI. Not really surprised she was found after Spring thaw despite the lake and surrounding areas already being searched, but it's still heartbreaking to know that her life came to a tragic end that night. I'm glad the family can have some answers, though.

I wonder if it's common for someone in a delusional state to try to hide in water. I remember a similar discussion on Elisa Lam's thread. It's difficult for anyone to discern water from land in the dark, but in Elisa's case she had to access the roof and scale a water tank.

Condolences to Dr. Patrick's family. :grouphug: to all of you Websleuthers.

Respectfully I read asearch of the lAKE EARLY ON AND THE SEARCHERS WENT INTO THE WATER IN WET SUITS AND SEARCHED:fence::fence::fence:

respectfully no, no searchers went into the water in wet suits and searched early on.

Teleka's car which was impounded the night she went missing, Dec 5, was not even identified as her car until December 10. The bloodhound was brought out on Dec 12 which is also the day that Indiana State Police searched the immediate area of where her car was found. On foot. On the ground. No divers.

There were no divers that day or any other day until today, when her body was recovered, because by Dec 12 northern Indiana became atypically cold and snowy with record windchills, the polar vortex and its effects, which lasted well into March.

Lake Charles (the pond) froze over and you do not send divers below the ice to look on the bottom of the pond. Esp. in wetsuits. If they were attempting this at all they'd wear Mustang Survival suits or as commonly called "drysuits." Kokatat of Arcata California makes a specialized version sold to LE, the USCG, the Navy, and other governmental groups.

Those ultra wintry conditions are why the INSP and LE from Washtenaw County in MI used *sonar* and sonar only to search Lake Charles in the latter part of January by drilling 55 holes thru the ice w. an auguring tool. It was still unsafe to sent a diving team down to look for her all through the persistent winter, in wet or dry suits.

There were plans to bring divers to the lake later in spring - later when the water temps warmed up. Which never came to pass due to these recent developments.

Divers were involved in recovery today and that is the only time they were involved. Respectfully.

I feel quite differently. Dr. Teleka Patrick educated/informed many people about mental illness with the exposure of her videos and tweets. She gave us a huge peek at the chaos and turmoil she dealt with while fighting to maintain a 'normal' outward appearance. She reached and affected many more people in these few months than she may have in her entire career.

Now we know Teleka has been at rest since that night she ran from her car. May her family find comfort in knowing she is at peace with the God she loved so very much.

Thank you, Teleka.

I also feel bad her personal life was put out there like that, but on the other hand this case gave me a glimpse into the mind of a person battling severe mental illness. I will never think about mental illness the same way after following this case. I hope it raised awareness for others too.

Thanks for this. The pond/lake does not seem so large they would not be able to find her. Any idea how long it was before the ice formed? I've been googling for the answer but haven't found anything specific.

I think alot of good can come out of her tweets if used wisely. Without the tweets there would always be the question of why. I have learned alot about mental illness from her tweets. We read of a personal journey first hand to a dark place . We were all sitting here hoping that she would be found alive so she could get help. Unfortunately we sit her saddened by her death when it could possibly been avoided if she would have gotten help or someone close to her had intervened.Whether they admit it or not, there were people that knew. How could they not when she traveled thousand of miles away to go to a school that cant compare to what she could have gotten in and be close to a gospel singer that was going to be her husband in her mind. She had family on her twitter. Possibly even friends. How could anyone not notice something was very off months ago? JMO but I think her tweets could be a good teaching tool. I think it also brought awareness if you think someone is troubled dont overlook it and shove it under the rug. It doesnt matter how intelligent someone is, mental illness can strike anyone. I know they wanted to protect her image as a DR and Teleka herself feared help for that reason. I think she could have done research or something else with her degrees. Its very tragic and eye opening and I hope it helps someone of the many people that have read her tweets. Her life was more valuable that protecting her career when there were probably alternatives for her even if she couldn't work with patients.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back