Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
It made me sick to my stomach to hear him mention Reeva's blood .
Seriously inappropriate .

This is a perfect example of what comes out of the mouth of a sociopath who struggles to mimic normal emotions and normal human responses.

They are guessing what might make people feel sympathy, having never felt it themselves.

If you think of Pistorius as a sociopath, his behavior makes perfect sense. He blubbers and vomits when just hearing about Reeva's injuries but in their actual presence, and with him as the perpetrator, he is able to cover her with a trash bag and tend to securing the valuables upstairs and cleaning himself up.

Contrast this with normal people who are known to have to be pried away from the body of a loved one, people in real grief who carefully wipe the blood off the victim's beautiful face and talk to them as a goodbye.

I submit OP's apology as an example of his sociopathy. He says he apologizes to Reeva's parents and then says he wants them to know she felt loved when she went to bed. She did not feel loved cowering in the bathroom--he should have left that alone. The next sentence should have been, "Reeva was the most wonderful woman I have ever known. The world will be empty without her. She was (kind, benevolent....her virtues).

No. The next sentence was about him smelling blood and how that affected HIM. How her death has made life so diffiucult for him. Pure textbook narcissism and breath-takingly obvious.

If I were his counsel, I would have my head in my hands.

It's not exactly far fetched to think that someone is schizophrenic/paranoid schizophrenic .. it's a fairly common disorder, especially with the amount of dope smoking around these days.

Yeah, I'd say it's pretty far fetched given the complete lack of evidence

Didn't Roux stand up and disavow the double tap business today?

Yes but not until after his expert had been demolished. That's why Nel wanted to question Botha further.

P.S. Nel is just as obnoxious as Roux during cross examination lol

Nightmares can be the side effects of some sleeping pills, but not all. I thought he said he was haunted by nightmares because of the shooting? Would be interesting to know which ones he was on. Years ago I had to take Temazepam for a couple of weeks and I don't recall any bad dreams, and then last year I took Ambien (Zolpidem) for a month when I finished six years of night shifts and couldn't reset my body clock. No nightmares then either. I don't think it's a common side effect though, because it would be pointless to take sleeping pills only to be woken by nightmares.

I can assure you that even Temazepam can cause nightmares. You were lucky but some aren't. It is more of a problem with long term medication but read the Warning section on this link:-

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/temazepam.html

Some sleeping pills also cause a metallic taste in the mouth. OP describes smelling blood when he wakes. He could easily be describing this known side effect. Blood tastes of iron. One of the reasons I wanted to know the drug he was taking was to look it up in MIMS pharma guide which will tell me the side effects.

Brain screwed or not...he killed someone and the next few days will be incredibly insightful to his state of mind.

Current soft gloving by Roux has allowed him to chat incessantly and vibrantly about his prowess and achievements but at this point no remorse about anything ...it's like he is completely removed from the other Oscar they are talking about that shot a woman in a toilet.

P.S. Nel is just as obnoxious as Roux during cross examination lol

never seen an attorney that wasn't somewhat obnoxious... especially during cross. ;-) The skill comes in discrediting the witness, not having your witness discredit all the crap you spewed during your own obnoxious cross.

~snipped~

BBM - I find it as odd as him saying:"My prosthetic legs were off... we were deeply in love". He seems to insert odd phrases in between normal ones so they're quite jarring.

I'll bet those are the rehearsed phrases. His attorney had him prepare with written sentence to memorize regarding the most difficult issues of the case. And, since written by an attorney, they don't sound like the rest of OP's lingo, for example, calling his legs "prosths."

I think the defense pathologist said it was likely she would not have screamed even if he agreed on the order of the shots. That is raising reasonable doubt IMO.

In light of his glaring lack of credibility on the stand, I respectfully will disagree. That was not reasonable doubt. It was more in line with nonsense.

Excuse the spelling but the medication he mentions are antidepressant cipramil, sleeping sedative normison and then changed to cipralex, dormonoct and molipaxin.

E.T.A Think they're the correct spellings now.

In light of his glaring lack of credibility on the stand, I respectfully will disagree. That was not reasonable doubt. It was more in line with nonsense.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet so will reserve further comment - you may be right. I will comment further after I've watched it. :D

I can assure you that even Temazepam can cause nightmares. You were lucky but some aren't. It is more of a problem with long term medication but read the Warning section on this link:-

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/brain-and-nervous-system/medicines/temazepam.html

Some sleeping pills also cause a metallic taste in the mouth. OP describes smelling blood when he wakes. He could easily be describing this known side effect. Blood tastes of iron. One of the reasons I wanted to know the drug he was taking was to look it up in MIMS pharma guide which will tell me the side effects.
Ah okay, so maybe I didn't have any side effects with Temazepam because I only took them for a couple of weeks. So his smelling 'blood' could perhaps have been a side effect of the medication and nothing to do with Reeva. Shame her family had to hear that in the first place if that's the case. I've looked, but can't find a list of his medication anywhere, just that he was on sleeping pills and anti-depressants. Can't see how long he was on them for or if he's been taking them ever since.

Excuse the spelling but the medication he mentions are antidepressant suprimol, sleeping sedative normocin and then changed to cipralex, dorminoct and molypaxin.
Thanks kaos. Didn't see this before I posted :smile:

Excuse the spelling but the medication he mentions are antidepressant suprimol, sleeping sedative normocin and then changed to cipralex, dorminoct and molypaxin.

Psychiatrists only change a medication if it is not working, no sense fixing something that isn't broken.

OP is going to use his mental status big time. The only problem with that is it is only documented after the fact, after he killed. So... It should really come at the end or before sentencing.

Hi Lisa. Just wondered if today's trial is up on your blog, please.? Having trouble locating it. Thank you so much x x

Cipralex is an anti-depressant

Normocin, wait for it... is a prevention against mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi (that can't be right!!) :floorlaugh: - It must be Normison! (sleeping pill)

Molipaxin is another anti-depressant

Dormonoct is what's more commonly known in the UK as Loprazolam (for insomnia)

Cipramil, another anti-depressant.

I wonder when he was first prescribed all this stuff, and how much he took of it. I hope Nel asks to see his prescriptions with all the dates on!

I get the feeling Nel is going to make a point of highlighting Reeva's importance on this planet to counter most of OP's long yarn about his life or at least I hope he does.

I wonder if he will also bring in:

Reeva Steenkamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Steenkamp was a keen horse rider until she broke her back in a fall in her early twenties and had to learn to walk again

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/12/17280386-uncle-tells-of-pistorius-girlfriends-nightmare-during-previous-break-in
During the interview, Mike Steenkamp said his niece "must have been reliving the nightmare" of the break-in in the moments before she was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member