Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kaos. Didn't see this before I posted :smile:

Psychiatrists only change a medication if it is not working, no sense fixing something that isn't broken.

OP is going to use his mental status big time. The only problem with that is it is only documented after the fact, after he killed. So... It should really come at the end or before sentencing.

I've corrected the spellings now. Couldn't find a supramol so figured as there's a cipralex, the correct one might also have began with cip.

I was wondering what the relevance was as to his friends dating other people etc but think that may be for Roux to make out that the PT's 'friend' witnesses had ulterior motives for their testimony.

Cipralex is an anti-depressant

Normocin, wait for it... is a prevention against mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi (that can't be right!!) :floorlaugh: - It must be Normison! (sleeping pill)

Molipaxin is another anti-depressant

Dormonoct is what's more commonly known in the UK as Loprazolam (for insomnia)

Cipramil, another anti-depressant.

I wonder when he was first prescribed all this stuff, and how much he took of it. I hope Nel asks to see his prescriptions with all the dates on!

He had detailed in the UK Mirror article how he did not sleep much and would read? Or go to the gun practice range at night. He may have already been taking some? But its a complex concoction he's on...no wonder he's a zombie on the stand...blathering away....and Dormonoct is aslo anti psychotic too.

Off to work.....today is another day...with the red carpet Oscar event of the decade! Cross examination...well maybe...I bet he's too tired again today after Roux beating him with a feather. :)

Cipralex is an anti-depressant

Normocin, wait for it... is a prevention against mycoplasma, bacteria and fungi (that can't be right!!) :floorlaugh: - It must be Normison! (sleeping pill)

Molipaxin is another anti-depressant

Dormonoct is what's more commonly known in the UK as Loprazolam (for insomnia)

Cipramil, another anti-depressant.

I wonder when he was first prescribed all this stuff, and how much he took of it. I hope Nel asks to see his prescriptions with all the dates on!

He said he'd been on them since the 3rd week of Feb last year and has changed his medication over the course of 14 months.

Yes but not until after his expert had been demolished. That's why Nel wanted to question Botha further.
Be that as it may, it exposes the DT as willing to take up the court's time with flimsy conjectures - even one that is so dumba**ed that they then have to come back and say "oops ... sorry about that". That doesn't look good for the DT.

And what if, just what if, he is telling the truth??

Then he shouldn't need to worry whatever Nel throws at him.

It's only him that actually knows what happened that night and if he's telling the truth Nel won't be able to twist his words.

He said he'd been on them since the 3rd week of Feb last year and has changed his medication over the course of 14 months.
Anti-depressants and sleeping pills aren't ideal to take long term. But he should definitely stick with the sleeping pills the nights before he's on the stand, or the trial will still be going at Christmas if they have to adjourn just because he's tired.

Possibly. However it is equally possible her instinct would be to hide and not draw attention to herself. I think that would certainly be mine.

This is really starting to sound like the old blame the victim game. Apparently it's now her fault for supposedly not asking permission or announcing that she was going to the toilet and once there it's now also her fault for not knowing that OP was coming towards her with a loaded gun and not screaming out to him she was the one in there....

bbm - or was she?

Nel thought it was relevant because Nel wanted to mislead and create the wrong impression in people's minds. And look how well it worked!

What impression did you get?
I got the impression that on the night OP killed Reeva there was a broken window downstairs that had not yet been fixed. :confused:
Have I been misled?

Anti-depressants and sleeping pills aren't ideal to take long term. But he should definitely stick with the sleeping pills the nights before he's on the stand, or the trial will still be going at Christmas if they have to adjourn just because he's tired.

Dunno about sleeping pills, but I have taken medication for depression for years and -that I can recall- neither nightmares or shooting people through closed doors have been a problem. :blushing:

Then he shouldn't need to worry whatever Nel throws at him.

It's only him that actually knows what happened that night and if he's telling the truth Nel won't be able to twist his words.
Really? You don't think there are plenty of counterexamples to what you are saying in the history of murder cases?

Dunno about sleeping pills, but I have taken medication for depression for years and -that I can recall- neither nightmares or shooting people through closed doors have been a problem. :blushing:

Ah.. but you probably fit into the 'reasonable person' category whereas the DT may have dragged up all his childhood experience, burglary paranoia etc to present that OP was anything but the average reasonable person.

He wasn't prescribed the anti depressants until after the shooting though but he said he'd been taking sleeping tablets at the "beginning of last year" which may mean he could have been taking them at the time of the shooting.

Really? You don't think there are plenty of counterexamples to what you are saying in the history of murder cases?

I don't recall stating that?

He was there, he knows how it happened and if his explanation is believable on the stand then that should come across.

This is really starting to sound like the old blame the victim game. Apparently it's now her fault for supposedly not asking permission or announcing that she was going to the toilet and once there it's now also her fault for not knowing that OP was coming towards her with a loaded gun and not screaming out to him she was the one in there....

bbm - or was she?
Wow. That's really a stretch IMO. Someone has a different theory - that Reeva was quiet in the toilet because she heard OP's shouts, took them seriously, and either froze or thought silence was the best course of action - and therefore that theory blames the victim, implies it's all Reeva's fault. etc? Really?

Psychiatrists only change a medication if it is not working, no sense fixing something that isn't broken.

Meds that are working might also be changed if there are undesirable side effects or if another (seemingly unrelated) med is changed or added that might cause a drug interaction or counter indication.

I haven't watched the whole thing yet so will reserve further comment - you may be right. I will comment further after I've watched it. :D

I gotta say, it was pretty riveting. Nel is quick! I think you will appreciate the exchange whether you ultimately agree with the content or not. It's good viewing and I think we are in for more!

I have vivid dreams.......not nightmares.....more of an adventure type dream.
Paxil......for IBS.....c........fyi.......it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23