Trial Discussion Thread #19 - 14.04.07, Day 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet according to OP he was putting his house up for sale so that he could be closer to Reeva, she was his "beloved" and knew that she was loved.

Reeva asked him what he could eat the night of Valentine's day, that she wanted to cook for him. She bought him a gift and the heart shaped candies.

IMO OP would (should) have something for Reeva as well.

Too right he should have had something for her - BUT as it wasn't actually Valentines Day yet, he can say he was planning a surprise gift. The car idea is perfect. No one can prove otherwise. He doesn't have to have bought the car - just say he was going to take her to a showroom and let her choose one.

With OP shouting that there was and intruder, I think she may well have been "primed" to keep very, very quiet and stand by the door.

Besides I don't think the concept of being "primed to scream" was explored or shown to be true. It sounds nuts to me. "Primed" or not, the fact remains that with the shock of being shot she may not have had time to react and scream within 4 seconds or so.
Any sound would be VERY brief and cut off by the shot to the head, and perhaps masked by the 4 loud bangs.

...so you are still open to the idea that it was Oscar screaming...the blood curdling, scared for their life screaming?

Just checking :)

With OP shouting that there was and intruder, I think she may well have been "primed" to keep very, very quiet and stand by the door.

Besides I don't think the concept of being "primed to scream" was explored or shown to be true. It sounds nuts to me. "Primed" or not, the fact remains that with the shock of being shot she may not have had time to react and scream within 4 seconds or so.
Any sound would be VERY brief and cut off by the shot to the head, and perhaps masked by the 4 loud bangs.

And that scenario also takes OP' account as true - that he thought there was an intruder and that he yelled out to Reeva to call the police.

I don't know anything about schizophrenia so I can't speak to that.

He seems to have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome to me.

Either way, he sure does not seem the same emotionally now as he was before the murder.

Oh he's just sad because he threw away his charmed life and he is going to spend a few decades in a SA prison. But he will get over it in 6-7 years, they all do.

I don't know anything about schizophrenia so I can't speak to that.

He seems to have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome to me.

Either way, he sure does not seem the same emotionally now as he was before the murder.

Def.

He is working it ... hard. Such a tear-jerker, an appeal for sympathy, the huggable OP strikes again. I can't believe how thick he is applying it so far..

It may sound nuts to you, and while some people would indeed take the cue to keep quiet, others might feel instant terror and start screaming at once.

Perhaps because he is on trial for the murder of Reeva instead of being patted on the head/back with police, Reeva's family and friends, and the rest of the world saying "Oh poor boy, what a horribly tragic accident that you went through!"

I doubt that OP really thought that this "incident" would go this far. He more than likely thought that like his brother, he too would walk away with no punishment for killing a woman.

MOO

Or maybe because he was very attached to Reeva and didn't meant to kill her and misses her and is very depressed.

Why would he intentionally murder someone and think it would just go away? That makes no sense at all.

None of this has the elements of a planned killing.

It wasn't Valentine's Day yet ..and they had only been dating for 3 or 4 months.

Oscar proclaimed his love in the affi pretty clearly: "We were deeply in love and I could not be happier. I know she felt the same way."

And even though OP and Reeva "had only been dating for 3 or 4 months" OP claimed that they were deeply in love and he could not be happier and that he knew Reeva felt the same.

I do believe that was the point of Kittychi's post.

And even though OP and Reeva "had only been dating for 3 or 4 months" OP claimed that they were deeply in love and he could not be happier and that he knew Reeva felt the same.

I do believe that was the point of Kittychi's post.

Oh, I see. I thought it was about what he didn't do for her for Valentine's Day

And that scenario also takes OP' account as true - that he thought there was an intruder and that he yelled out to Reeva to call the police.
It put it to you.......
..... it was OP's warning that caused her to turn the key and lock the door, and then stand very quiet close to the door.

Or maybe because he was very attached to Reeva and didn't meant to kill her and misses her and is very depressed.

Why would he intentionally murder someone and think it would just go away? That makes no sense at all.

Has anyone suggested that it was planned? I don't think so.

It put it to you.......
..... it was OP's warning that caused her to turn the key and lock the door, and then stand very quiet close to the door.

That seems as likely as Reeva screaming - in fact, it seems much more likely.

Oh, yes, many have. In this thread alone I believe there are such suggestions. I think most people discussing this case here believe that it was a premeditated murder. If not most, than certainly many.

That is what he's charged with, after all.

The post I was responding to suggested that it was a planned killing that he thought he'd get away with.

It may sound nuts to you, and while some people would indeed take the cue to keep quiet, others might feel instant terror and start screaming at once.

OK... so there is doubt about what Reeva would do. I think staying very very quiet would be what most people would do.

BBM

In your opinion none of this has elements of a planned killing. However, OP fully intended to kill whomever was behind that toilet room door. IMO OP knew full well that it was Reeva behind that door. Waiting for even 2 seconds after firing the first shot points to "premeditated".

Why would OP intentionally murder someone and think it would just go away? How many things has he done (illegal) now that he has gotten away with? Let's count them......
1. Firing a gun in a crowded restaurant
2. Firing a gun out of the sunroof of a car while going down the road
3. Holding onto "dads" bullets in his safe

What else have I missed in that list?

OP has a sense of entitlement. He gets what he wants, when he wants it. He does what he wants, when he wants to. Rules and laws be damned.

MOO

Could very well be - as he planted the tweet about the intruder to cover him indefinitely.

I can't believe he has the judge melting in his hand.

"I'm tired. I have a lot of things on my mind," Oscar says

"Okay, let's break," she responds.

This could get bent...

BBM

In your opinion none of this has elements of a planned killing. However, OP fully intended to kill whomever was behind that toilet room door. IMO OP knew full well that it was Reeva behind that door. Waiting for even 2 seconds after firing the first shot points to "premeditated".

Why would OP intentionally murder someone and think it would just go away? How many things has he done (illegal) now that he has gotten away with? Let's count them......
1. Firing a gun in a crowded restaurant
2. Firing a gun out of the sunroof of a car while going down the road
3. Holding onto "dads" bullets in his safe

What else have I missed in that list?

OP has a sense of entitlement. He gets what he wants, when he wants it. He does what he wants, when he wants to. Rules and laws be damned.

MOO

Just to be clear, do you think OP planned to kill Reeva or not?

I did, relentlessly! Four bullets fired at a person, three hit his victim, and he admits that he intended his shots to kill or cause GBH to a person. Yup, premeditated (planned) murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998