SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Juanalicious has arrived in a smoky gray suit and black tie. We are still locked out!"

Doesn't sound good:

"The Judge has locked the media lawyers out of the hearing on their motion! They are very upset."

"One media attorney has been let in but the other is sitting out here not happy at all..."

:getwell: Hope your knee feels better soon Spellbound

----------
Me too Spellbound.I have the same problem wth both knees. I think I have siatica(sp)..so painful. Just dont feel good at all. Really hope you're doing better.:loveyou:

:banghead::banghead:

"May 16th at 10am there will another hearing regarding the media. Nothing got accomplished.The hearing is still going on "

I can't understand all the baloney about having cameras in the court for missy's :jail: retrial. The jurors are not suppose to look, read, tweet, etc anything about the trial when they are jurors, so what's the problem??? I just can't take this anymore. :banghead:

""The trial court has gone from transparency to blackout and bewilderment," said attorney David Bodney, who represents several media outlets, including the Arizona Republic, fighting for transparency. "There have been repeated flagrant violations of the public's constitutional right to attend proceedings."
Stephens allowed virtually unfettered access to the first trial, which was broadcast live and became to fans like a real-life soap opera as they traveled from around the country to get in the courtroom.

She now says the hearing closures are intended to protect Arias' right to an impartial jury, but Bondey says the judge has gone to the extreme, often simply locking the courtroom doors without issuing an order as to why, in violation of the U.S. Constitution.

"The public is deprived of its First Amendment right to attend criminal proceedings," Bodney said. "The public has a right to be heard before they're just locked out." The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution guarantees such basic rights as freedom of speech and the press.

Even arguments by attorneys over media access to proceedings in the case have been closed to the media."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/01/jodi-arias-trial-media-death-penalty/3797175/

---------------
Rule 122. Electronic and Photographic Coverage of Public Judicial Proceedings
Electronic and still photographic coverage of public judicial proceedings conducted by a judicial officer during sessions of court may be permitted in accordance with the following guidelines:

(b) Electronic and still photographic coverage of public judicial proceedings other than the proceedings specified in paragraph (a) above may be permitted in the discretion of the judge giving due consideration to the following factors:

(i) The impact of coverage upon the right of any party to a fair trial;
(ii) The impact of coverage upon the right of privacy of any party or witness;
(iii) The impact of coverage upon the safety and well-being of any party, witness or juror;
(iv) The likelihood that coverage would distract participants or would detract from the dignity of the proceedings;
(v) The adequacy of the physical facilities of the court for coverage;
(vi) The timeliness of the request pursuant to subsection (f) of this Rule; and
(vii) Any other factor affecting the fair administration of justice.

(c) The judge may limit or prohibit electronic or still photographic coverage only after making specific, on-the-record findings that there is a likelihood of harm arising from one or more of the above factors that outweighs the benefit to the public of camera coverage. "

http://www.azcourts.gov/mediaroom/camerasincourt.aspx

Blah. :banghead: I wanna see the retrial.

----------
Me too Spellbound.I have the same problem wth both knees. I think I have siatica(sp)..so painful. Just dont feel good at all. Really hope you're doing better.:loveyou:

Oh no, Nore. I am so sorry to hear that. I am feeling better today, just a touch of discomfort. I have been more careful to not overdo. Wish you could feel better, too!

(((Nore)))

Funny, but after I posted the video was there, Yes or No.

HOW do you get the video to show in the post? Maybe I just can't do it on the ipad.... ?

"May 16th at 10am there will another hearing regarding the media. Nothing got accomplished.The hearing is still going on "

I guess that is what we expect now. Nothing seems to be the norm with this case.

Funny, but after I posted the video was there, Yes or No.

HOW do you get the video to show in the post? Maybe I just can't do it on the ipad.... ?

I don't know about ipads, but just right click on the address bar in YTube (address bar will turn blue) and "copy" and then "paste" on your post.
Sometimes it doesn't work and I have to go back and do it again (and again) 'til it does work.

Sorry you and Nore are feeling under the weather. I have achy joints 'cause it's been raining for the past 2 days (rheumatism). :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson