Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be possible.
They were flying that way on purpose as a way to attract attention to themselves so they could get help. But with it being a middle of the night flight, not many planes would have been flying and noticed MH370 acting weird.

Yes, but some radar in SE Asia/Indonesia should have noticed it! :scared:

<modsnip> If it is just a rumor about separation from his family, <modsnip> we have to face the facts about this pilot.

Well, I have never heard her own words saying she and Capt. were seperated, so to me, it's just rumor.

Yes. The plane had a broken wing tip from an accident while taxiing at Shanghai Airport in 2012 and was repaired. IIRC, it had just had a safety inspection in February. That said, something still could have gone wrong during this flight.

MOO

I think an inspection is only as good as the inspectors though. For instance, my husband just had a tire rotation and inspection done a month ago and everything was pronounced in good shape, yet the other day, while driving with our son in the truck, a tie rod and ball joint failed and they only narrowly missed a serious accident.

It&#8217;s obviously something that would have shown signs of wear and potential failure on an inspection, yet apparently the inspector saw nothing of note.

Maybe Malaysian Airlines also used Canadian Tire for their inspections. :laughitup:

<modsnip> If it is just a rumor about separation from his family, <modsnip> we have to face the facts about this pilot.

ElleElle is facing the facts as they&#8217;ve been presented. Captain Shah&#8217;s family have stated publicly that the Daily Mail flat out lied about their story stating the family was in turmoil and that Captain Shah himself was unstable.

And yes, ElleElle is also correct that Captain Shah supported the opposition party in Malaysia. The opposition leader himself has said that while he did know Shah, they were not close.

It may end up that this was politically motivated, but you are being rather condescending to ElleElle considering that she is presenting the facts as we know them at this time.

thinking as I type.
This plane should have been noticed on radar when it first went off course.
They should have tried to contact the plane and when they couldn't jets should have been scrambled.
Jets could have seen if the passengers, and crew were alive and moving around.
If they were up and moving communication should have been tried by any means. They could hold up a board with a message written on it, and so could the pilot or a passenger.
If there was a mechanical malfunction or if the pilot was dead or incapacitated there was nothing to do anyway. At that point what could be done.
If the pilot was alive and deliberately ignoring them they should shoot the plane down or as they possibly did let it crash.

i can't believe anyone in the crew was alive or aware because someone on the crew knows the code to get into the cabin.
I have no idea what happened, but I do know there were solutions to whatever did. If policies were carried out and I don't believe they were. total failure as far as the towers were concerned. The results might have been the same, but at least people would know what really occurred. jmo

Blufin 21 to be deployed.
Oil Slick found by Ocean Shield at its' current location approx. 5,000 meters down wind from ping detections.
Samples taken to lab.

Angus Houston presser at midnight per CNN. (Easter time)

Easter time?

easter-bunny.jpg

#&#8206;update&#8236;: An oil slick has been detected in the &#8234;#&#8206;MH370&#8236; search area but the source is yet to be determined, Angus Houston told the media a short time ago.

MORE to come...

I read where James Cameron, the movie director has a vessel that can go deep into the ocean with no problems. It was designed for one of his movies. Has he volunteered to loan it in this difficult task? Has anyone contacted him? It sounds like it can go faster and do a better job than what is available now. Hope the two entities get together so we can have a resolution ASAP?

"IT'S time to go underwater". Retired defence chief Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston on the next step in the hunt for missing flight MH370. http://bit.ly/1igPkGX

An unmanned submarine will be sent to try to find wreckage from Malaysia Airlines MH370 after signals suspected to be from the aeroplane's black box fell silent.

In a media briefing this afternoon, Retired Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston said no acoustic trace of the black box for six days.

"We haven't had a single detection in six days. So I guess it's time to go under water," he said.

"The experts have determined that the Australian Defence vessel Ocean Shield will cease searching with the towed pinger locator later today and deploy the autonomous underwater vehicle, Bluefin-21, as soon as possible."

Retired Air Chief Marshal Houston, charged with leading the recovery effort, says an oil slick has also been spotted in the vicinity of the search area, however it is unclear whether it is from the plane.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2263488...e-deployed-as-use-of-pinger-locator-winds-up/

"IT'S time to go underwater". Retired defence chief Air Chief Marshal Angus Houston on the next step in the hunt for missing flight MH370. http://bit.ly/1igPkGX

AMEN, Houston. We'll never find it if we don't look.

Also, how many times during this investigation (and/or his lifetime) do you think this poor guy has heard, "Houston, we have a problem..."?

Jessica Vanderende &#8207;@jvdende7 36m

Houston: bluefin 21 takes 2 hrs to reach sea floor. It will be searching 40 square km. much bigger area than they wanted #MH370 @7NewsPerth

Houston: several leads took #MH370 search down "a blind alley". Says pings last wk still beat lead yet. Now up to bluefin @7NewsPerth

Jessica Vanderende &#8207;@jvdende7 36m

Houston: bluefin 21 takes 2 hrs to reach sea floor. It will be searching 40 square km. much bigger area than they wanted #MH370 @7NewsPerth

Houston: several leads took #MH370 search down "a blind alley". Says pings last wk still beat lead yet. Now up to bluefin @7NewsPerth

well it looks like they found the haystack, now they need the needle. That is a big area, i know they were hoping for at least half that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23