Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope they have more to nail him on than footprints...but it seems that when an area has a low rate of crime, often times they are not the best at preserving a crime scene, not to speak ill of LE at all.

Actually from what I have read Dogface this small community/county does have more than its fair share of violent crimes including other murders.

Plus the TBI was called in very early on.

IMO

This case below, gives pause to think...

I'm sure many were convinced of his guilt...

http://news.yahoo.com/car-accident-killed-sd-girls-missing-since-1971-194013896.html

I haven't read the article yet although I can see its about the girls who died in a car accident in 1971 from the link title. I remember reading about that case. Isn't this the case where the jailhouse snitch said the man told him he killed two girls but after then the Prosecutor found out the snitch was lying and dropped the case against the man?

That was seven years ago. Was this the same Prosecutor in the same county that is going to try the Adams case?

I'm not so concerned about ZA being the one but I am very very worried about the evidence or lack thereof. It appears ZA was their POI but yet it took 3 years to arrest him.

I don't believe Holly's remains were found.

Respectfully, I think way too much emphasis is being put on it taking three years to arrest him.

I think most of us here read about cold cases being solved quite regularly even some that are decades old.

For instance, last year a man who had murdered his previous wife and the woman that he went on to marry had murdered her previous husband. They both were the number one suspects to begin with in the two different cases but they just didn't have the evidence to prove it so it took them decades to bring them to justice.

And a woman was just arrested a month or so ago for murdering two adults and a six year old child years ago. She had always been a POI from the beginning but it took years to finally arrest and charge her with the murders.

Don't you ever watch 'Cold Cases" or other shows like that? If you do then you will see the detectives being interviewed about the cases, and most of them said they knew all along who the suspect most likely was, but they needed more evidence to prove it BARD in a court of law. And nine times out of ten it was the one they had on the top of their list as the main suspect all along.

So I honestly don't understand why some make such an ado about it taking three years when other cases have taken much longer to bring the suspected perpetrator to justice.

I respect your opinion but imho the TBI/FBI found something that shows proof positive that Adams murdered Holly. Whatever it is was irrefutable proof to convince Holly's parents who absolutely refused to believe for three long years she was dead.

Whatever it is will be as convincing to the jury as it is to Holly's family because families demand proof be shown when it comes to the death of their child. Parents will refuse to just assume its so without facts to back it up.

IMO

I believe that the TBI and FBI have what is needed to convict at least Zach. Right about now is the time that any possible co-defendants would be pointing fingers at each other. Each giving a little more details each. But not telling the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth. But enough to take 27 volumes of pieces of the puzzle and complete that picture of Justice named Holly.

When it comes to Holly's remains. We have all seen cases, read stories, and had to envision the way criminals try to cover their tracks by disrespecting the bodies of victims in the most horrific ways. I do not believe that LE having the compassion spent on this case to return the remains of her to the family in installments or in a less than compassionate way. How could you have a press conference to explain such a thing?

There are specific reasons for LE going to the Grand Jury for the indictment and present the search warrant affidavits and return the findings from them. Only they and the Judge know those results for the same reasons. Parsons and the area is a small tight-knit community all in all. Yet having divides and challenges over this time due to this tragedy. With a little patience all the horrific details will come out in court.

Holly's picture may not be able to be shown in Court. But when the pieces of the puzzle are all put together, her picture will come out, better than Kodak.

JMO's

Speaking of disagreeing .... for some reason I don't have that good a feeling about this case being a slam-dunk. Great if I'm wrong, and that would be good; but, going pack to day-one - the way things were handled - crime scene was not protected, confusion, no road blocks, etc...

So I have a lack of confidence...
I see ZA as the perfect fall-guy for this kind of crime. True if the shoe fits, but it fits so well I wonder... I wonder about if was pressure to nail someone before the 3-year anniversary...

There has to be solid evidence...

Speculation here, no facts, but I don't think they have remains either. I think they have a story that in some respects checks out, and some sort of trophy of maybe even partial picture or video evidence taken by the perp...something like that, and are hoping for someone to break down and tell were Holly is buried. It will be interesting to hear if further excavator type searches are announced, that would be very telling. I just can't figure that this guy buries Holly in his own backyard. To many other places he would be safer to do so. That's what bothers me.

I'm in hopes that at his next court appearance he faces some facts and gets the best DP qualified attorney team the state can provide and get the process of resolving a heartbreaking tragedy. There is going to be plenty of looking back on this case. I just don't want it to be because the defendant wasn't properly represented and have to have a do over.

JMO's

I'm not so concerned about ZA being the one but I am very very worried about the evidence or lack thereof. It appears ZA was their POI but yet it took 3 years to arrest him.

It has been 3 years since Hailey Dunn disappeared. Her remains are in the possession of the great state of Texas, and have been for 1 yr. Still no arrests. Hmmm. :cool:

I agree, feel the same way. Hopefully my apprehension is wrong.
I have similar feeling concerning evidence when the Sierra Lamar case goes to trial.

They have their "man". I'd lay money on it. Now who participated is another story but oops, most of them are in jail. ZA will probably try to bring them all down with him only they talked first. You snooze, you lose. ha ha. jmo

Tlcya, I am not so sure that it is the public that investigators are keeping in the dark as to whether HB's remains were located during the search of ZA's property which began on Feb 28, 2014. Imo, it may be hold back info to decipher the truth in the continuing investigation. The following ms media report/video speaks volumes at about the 3 minute mark, imo;

TBI - Executing search warrants in the Holly Bobo Disappearance WSMV TV 4

http://www.wsmv.com/story/24851714/...arrants-in-connection-with-bobo-disappearance

I wish we knew more about how ZA "knew" HB and about the receipts found from her book bag.

I wish we knew more about how ZA "knew" HB and about the receipts found from her book bag.

Do you have a link to the receipts found in her book bag? I don't remember anything about receipts. Thanks

It has been 3 years since Hailey Dunn disappeared. Her remains are in the possession of the great state of Texas, and have been for 1 yr. Still no arrests. Hmmm. :cool:

I don't understand your reference/comparison to Hailey 's case. We know they found her remains. We have a suspect in Holly's case and no confirmation she was found. If you can elaborate, it would be appreciated.

Respectfully, I think way too much emphasis is being put on it taking three years to arrest him.

I think most of us here read about cold cases being solved quite regularly even some that are decades old.

For instance, last year a man who had murdered his previous wife and the woman that he went on to marry had murdered her previous husband. They both were the number one suspects to begin with in the two different cases but they just didn't have the evidence to prove it so it took them decades to bring them to justice.

And a woman was just arrested a month or so ago for murdering two adults and a six year old child years ago. She had always been a POI from the beginning but it took years to finally arrest and charge her with the murders.

Don't you ever watch 'Cold Cases" or other shows like that? If you do then you will see the detectives being interviewed about the cases, and most of them said they knew all along who the suspect most likely was, but they needed more evidence to prove it BARD in a court of law. And nine times out of ten it was the one they had on the top of their list as the main suspect all along.

So I honestly don't understand why some make such an ado about it taking three years when other cases have taken much longer to bring the suspected perpetrator to justice.

I respect your opinion but imho the TBI/FBI found something that shows proof positive that Adams murdered Holly. Whatever it is was irrefutable proof to convince Holly's parents who absolutely refused to believe for three long years she was dead.

Whatever it is will be as convincing to the jury as it is to Holly's family because families demand proof be shown when it comes to the death of their child. Parents will refuse to just assume its so without facts to back it up.

IMO

The issue I have is they claim to have voluminous evidence against the perp that they apparently gathered for 3 years. Yes, I agree perhaps he was their POI all along but looking back, the Bobos have spent countless days looking for a live Holly. Private searches, gliders, truck campaigns, highest reward in any missing person case that I've followed and much more without one iota of communication to the Bobos. They were basically left in the dark for 3 long years.

IIRC even when the searches were being conducted LE said they want to bring Holly home safely. What? If they had all this evidence how can they give the family such unrealistic expectations?

Yes, I have read that before n/t.

This case will not rise or fall on footprints or lack of.

Imo, the evidence is going to be what was obtained through the extensive three day search at the suspect's home and property.

I think the TBI/FBI hit the mother lode and that is why he was quickly arrested and charged.

IMO

The point is not the footprints but evidence contamination and I'm not just talking about the first day (her disappearance) but all unorganized searches. It was chaos. People riding their ATV's, trampling on potential evidence, was whatever found bagged and tagged properly?

We don't know.

Here is one photo and I don't mean any disrespect to the searchers. I'm sure they poured their blood, sweat and tears.

article-1377276-0BA4EED400000578-207_634x402.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-hampers-search-Whitney-Duncans-cousin.html

Was this article posted before?

Nashville defense attorney David Raybin, a former prosecutor, said the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation must have had some sort of break in the case, given the recent flurry of activity, including multiple search warrants.
Mr Raybin said prosecutors may have decided to charge Adams because they didn't want the case to get any colder.

Standing strong: Holly's father Dana Bobo, also seen wearing a pink bracelet, was in court but like the rest of Holly's relatives, he did not issue any statements
'They may have concluded that they will never find a body and the case is not going to get any stronger,' Mr Raybin said.
'Witnesses die and evidence evaporates. It could be that it was now or never.'

No clues: Bobo's family said in a statement after the charges were announced that their faith will give them the strength to see them through the ordeal
Residents in the town of Parsons, near where Bobo disappeared in West Tennessee, are looking for closure.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2578537/Holly-Bobo-suspect-pleads-not-guilty-court.html

Have I missed something important?

Consistently those who knew Holly said she had never associated with Adams before she was murdered by him. Now I have no doubt she knew OF him since its a small community and he was the infamous drug addict always getting out of jail.

I know OF such lowlife in my own small community but I certainly don't and never will associated with those kind of people.

What receipts find in her book bag and how does that make her know Adams?

I think it is going to turnout she never associated with him or his other buddies. Holly had other interest in life than Adams who was all about being a meth head/supplier with no goals in life.

So would you please explain what you mean by 'knew' Holly and about the receipts and what the receipts have to do with Adams.

TIA

I don't find anything odd about his statement. Maybe because I have seen the same thing said before in other cases when a search warrant has just begun and it isn't known what they will find until they go in.

He said this before the search warrant of the property was completed. Until they know proof positive that Holly or any other victim has been murdered their hope is to always find the victim alive.

He certainly wasn't going to say she was dead before they even completed the search warrant of the entire property.

The point is not the footprints but evidence contamination and I'm not just talking about the first day (her disappearance) but all unorganized searches. It was chaos. People riding their ATV's, trampling on potential evidence, was whatever found bagged and tagged properly?

We don't know.

Here is one photo and I don't mean any disrespect to the searchers. I'm sure they poured their blood, sweat and tears.

article-1377276-0BA4EED400000578-207_634x402.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-hampers-search-Whitney-Duncans-cousin.html

The evidence that Adams needs to worry about is what the TBI/FBI collected against him in the three day search of his home and property. That's what got him arrested and charged.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member