AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe, 15 Jun 2013 - #8

I doubt a connection with the tote found in Apache Lake, margarita25, but like you, hearing that news made me think of Adrienne. Again.

Yeh, me too. I have not given up that some day, some how, this case will get some answers. Adrienne deserves some answers, her family deserves some answers.

Jenika being found brought me back here..........sigh......

Ugh. Saw it on the first page and was hoping for good news.

In two months it will be a year since Adrienne's disappearance. This case hits close to home and will always bother me. I really wonder what leads Tempe PD have and why more hasn't come to light.

Last night I was trying to think "outside the box" about this. If this person was unknown to AS, my instinct is this person knew how to get away with it. My first thought was...police officer or someone impersonating one. Secondary thoughts.. Someone was following starting from after she left her car broken down. But if that were the case, it should be on video. I always thought if it was someone she knew it would've been an easy case. Gosh it bothers me so much!

I hate to say it but I always felt the PD was too quiet about this which made me believe they were onto someone or something. Now..I just feel discouraged.

Adrienne is always on my mind so I can imagine that I'm not the only one. Hoping her spirit weighs heavily on those with the answers to bring her justice.

Does anyone have any insight or thoughts as to why someone might've headed in the direction where she was found? I'll have yo go back and reread the threads when iM on a computer.

Does anyone have any insight or thoughts as to why someone might've headed in the direction where she was found? I'll have yo go back and reread the threads when iM on a computer.

I do know there is miles of nothing out there. My daughter and I took the drive from Tucson to AJ one day.

It could be the dump site has meaning to the perp, spent time around there in younger days, has relatives who live there, always thought it would be a great place to dump a body........things like that.

I'm just wondering how far down the wash she was dumped in relationship to where she was actually found, her body could have traveled as there had been storms in the area prior to her body being discovered. IDK. Just some random thoughts.......

It's one of many ways to get out of town quickly and into the boonies. Almost a straight shot East by freeway from where she disappeared. June is traditionally the hottest and driest time of the year in Az, bodies tend to dehydrate very quickly, and finding uninhabited desert is only about 20-30 minutes from anywhere in the general Phoenix area by using the "Loops" or freeways/express ways.
The DUI Task forces would have already packed it in at that time in the morning, and there are no toll gates anywhere in Arizona. Barring a burnt tail light or speeding, LE wouldn't have reason to stop anyone. If the perp had gone further towards the lake, he/she would have encountered the Sheriff or Lake enforcement keeping track of the lake occupancy capacity, being that it was a holiday weekend.
If the perp had gone south, he/she would have encountered Maricopa and Pinal County Sheriffs and Border Patrol, which I can tell you from experience are staggered almost every mile between Phoenix and Tucson. (Major drug and human smuggling corridor) If there had been something that weighed the vehicle down to set low on the rear tires, or it was a van type vehicle, it would have been stopped. Or if the perp and vehicle was profiled as being "suspicious" for that type of activity.
Going West or North, the perp would have gone further into the city.

I'm still pretty confident that I know who police are looking at for this. I just wish he would slip up. Daddy won't let him though.

Jenika Feuerstein's remains (20 y/o missing since 2009) were found a few days ago in a container at Apache Lake. Looks like the same general area that Adrienne's killer dumped her body. Connected? Serial killer? I wonder if Jenika caught a cab. JMO.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ce...eks-publics-help-in-case-of-jenika-feuerstein

Whats up doc? :seeya:

See my post here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10454239&postcount=43

Link to Jenika's thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10463251

Oh gosh would that be great...if it led to justice finally!

I think about Adrienne so often.

Just checking in. Thinking of Adrienne and wishing something would come to light. I wish more of the police report was releasable, or a blurb on the news about the status of the case. It just breaks my heart! I don't want to believe that the person who did this will get away with it.

In two months it will be a year since Adrienne's disappearance. This case hits close to home and will always bother me. I really wonder what leads Tempe PD have and why more hasn't come to light.

SBM

I can't believe it is almost a year since we lost dear Adrienne, it still feels like only yesterday. I still think of her often, and I pray that her loved ones eventually find out who took this sweet girl from them.

I was doing a little search on the National Missing Person's Database (I do it every so often) and was surprised to find this:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20935/1/

An entry for Adrienne.

It states that there were partial remains recovered (which means it has been updated since she went missing and isn't some kind of mistake, like they are behind in taking down located persons), but I was under the impression, due to the partial autopsy report we had access to, that her body, when recovered, was mostly intact.

Why is there still a missing poster for her? Whats missing that is important enough to have an entry on the missing persons database?

I was doing a little search on the National Missing Person's Database (I do it every so often) and was surprised to find this:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/20935/1/

An entry for Adrienne.

It states that there were partial remains recovered (which means it has been updated since she went missing and isn't some kind of mistake, like they are behind in taking down located persons), but I was under the impression, due to the partial autopsy report we had access to, that her body, when recovered, was mostly intact.

Why is there still a missing poster for her? Whats missing that is important enough to have an entry on the missing persons database?

It hasn't been blessed by the ME, most likely & remains do get scattered and sadly, some remains aren't found due to wildlife etc...? Until an offical report, I don't think sites take down their missing posters. I've heard nothing official but thank you for the update. It does appear she's been found sadly. Waiting...

I wish there were new leads/info about this case. I look at least once a week and find nothing. Its pretty crazy that her cousin was murdered also and they never found his killer either...that family has had it hard

http://ktar.com/22/1741343/One-year-later-police-still-looking-for-clues-in-Tempe-womans-death

One year later, police still looking for clues in Tempe woman's death

Tempe police are still looking for answers in the death of a Gateway Community College student who disappeared near her home one year ago Sunday.

Adrienne Salinas, 19, disappeared June 15, 2013 after she left her townhome near Fifth Street and Hardy on foot to go to her boyfriend's house. Her body was found two months later in Apache Junction, Ariz.

"We don't know exactly what happened," said Tempe Police Lt. Mike Pooley. "Our detectives have been working this case non-stop with the FBI and the Apache Junction Police Department."

I think about Adrienne all the time and pray they find who did this. This was the first case I followed on WS. I leave for work every day at the same time she went missing. 5:00 am. It's really pretty light out in this part of the world at that time. And there are others driving to work or wherever. It just seems so crazy that no one saw anything. It really baffles me. I just feel like it was someone she knew and not random. I really hope one day the family is able to get answers and justice for Adrienne.

Wow, one year ago today. :( And Father's Day too. I remember her father from the media, heartbroken.

And still no arrests.

Who killed Adrienne?

This is one of those cases where I feel as though there are many possibilities. "Friends", someone from the party, stranger abduction...

Adrienne
:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong