NJ NJ - West Deptford, WhtFem 34-60, UP12141, clothes, hosp shirt/socks, Sz9 New Balance 690, Jan'14

JillyNJ

Profile pic is Jamie Diane Seymour
Reaction score
I could not find a thread for this woman found in West Deptford, NJ. Her clothing is very descriptive. I am very interested in the sneakers she was wearing, New Balance size 9. Stacey Lynn Grater was known to wear New Balance sneakers. West Deptford is less than an hour from wear Stacey was last seen in Pemberton. The age range also matches as well as hair color and length. If only we knew Stacey's shoe size and if she had graying hair at the roots.

NAMUS UP12141
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12141

Stacey Lynn Grater
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grater_stacey.html
NJ NJ - Stacey Lynn Grater, 36, Pemberton Township, 18 Feb 2006 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Stacey's case sounds really sad. I'm not sure this is her because:

- Stacey went missing in either 2005 or 2006. The remains were found this January and were decomposing. She would have had to have been missing but alive for the last eight years for this to be her. Not impossible, although it sounds like her family believes she would not have just left.

- the UID is estimated to weigh 170 lbs and was wearing XL size clothes. Stacey is listed as weighing 90-100 lbs and was allegedly anorexic. She could have gained weight in the years since she disappeared, though, I suppose.

I do like the location and the sneaker connection...

Also, the UID was wearing a shirt and socks similar to hospital attire. If this is Stacey, maybe she was homeless and/or been hospitalized while she was missing?

- Stacey went missing in either 2005 or 2006. The remains were found this January and were decomposing. She would have had to have been missing but alive for the last eight years for this to be her. Not impossible, although it sounds like her family believes she would not have just left.

- the UID is estimated to weigh 170 lbs and was wearing XL size clothes. Stacey is listed as weighing 90-100 lbs and was allegedly anorexic. She could have gained weight in the years since she disappeared, though, I suppose.

Also, the UID was wearing a shirt and socks similar to hospital attire. If this is Stacey, maybe she was homeless and/or been hospitalized while she was missing?

I also do not think this is Stacey. Stacey is still in Browns Mills.
Stacey's NamUs profile has Fingerprint information available elsewhere & DNA

I have to agree with you regarding the state of decomposition and also the size of the clothing.

Just a thought regarding the clothes, they seem very young for a woman in this age range. A lot of times in my experience with drug addicts/mentally ill they will tend to dress younger if they live on the streets or bounce around from house to house. Hospital attire is common for addicts/mentally ill to have in their possession. I've known many addicts who are constantly checked into hospitals trying to get a fix by any means necessary. I can't say for sure the UI didn't take care of themselves or was on drugs but I can speak to what I have known to be common behavior/appearance from the hundreds of addicts I have known in my life.

And Roselvr deep down I also feel Stacey never left Pemberton/Browns Mills but I don't want to stop looking for her just in case.

Maybe a coincidence.....
NamUs lists her clothing as:

"Clothing on body
Black "Seventy Seven" hooded and fur-lined jacket - size XL.
Gray "ENYCE" hooded sweatshirt.
Blue "Destiny" denim jacket.
Blue "Cellucap" tyvek shirt - similar to hospital attire.
Blue "Liz Claiborne" cotton pants - size 14W.
Brown socks with rubber grips - similar to hospital attire.
Leopard bra.
Black underwear."

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/12141

It is interesting to note that from this Wikipedia article (link below), there is a connection to Liz Claiborne and Enyce. And this UID has an item from Enyce and an item from Liz Claiborne.
Liz Claiborne acquired the company in Feb. 2004, and in October 2008, Sean Combs
and the Sean John Enterprise purchased it.
It is a Hip Hop Fashion Label.
Enyce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back in the day (1997-ish?) Enyce was a big deal hip hop brand. I remember the guys that I worked with thought they were so cool with their Enyce clothes.

I was looking at the clothes the other day, too. All of the items are/were considered relatively nice (i.e. not cheap). Especially the shoes. The hospital shirt and socks are pretty out of place with the rest of the clothing.

Like JillyNJ said, this combination (along with the multiple upper layers) just really sounds like chronically/severely mentally ill or long-term substance abuse/dependence to me.

(btw - the dudes that thought they were so awesome in their Enyce clothes were all young techs on the county psych unit where I used to work - I loved those guys. kinda funny how this little post went full circle.)

works for me.
Broke it into 2 links; one for the page then another for the direct post
New Jersey for the Federal Help Find the Missing Act - Billy's Law

51 mins Unidentified Body Found in West Deptford

When I click on the first one, it comes up with log into facebook....of which I don't have,
and the second link I get this:

"Sorry, this page isn't available"

"The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed"
https://www.facebook.com/NJforBillysLaw/posts/722871984424712?stream_ref=10.

They are both Facebook links, which is why they will not work for someone without a Facebook account.

I bet it is a facebook group instead of a facebook page. I have been able to read facebook pages without an account, but a group I believe one must have an account to read, if it is set up that way, or be approved to read it with an account.
IMOO.

I bet it is a facebook group instead of a facebook page. I have been able to read facebook pages without an account, but a group I believe one must have an account to read, if it is set up that way, or be approved to read it with an account.
IMOO.

No, it is indeed a page. Most likely that's been a change within Facebook.

NamUs UP Case 12141

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/12141

Unidentified White female
* Found January 15, 2014 in West Deptford , NJ
* Estimated Year of Death:

Vital Statistics
* Estimated age: 34-60 years old
* Approximate Height: 66

* Distinguishing Characteristics: hair color gray;
Brown with gray roots. Hair is probably past shoulder length.

* Dentals:Dental information / charting is available and entered
* Clothing/Jewelry:
Black "Seventy Seven" hooded and fur-lined jacket - size XL.
Gray "ENYCE" hooded sweatshirt. Blue "Destiny" denim jacket. Blue "Cellucap" tyvek shirt - similar to hospital attire. Blue "Liz Claiborne" cotton pants - size 14W. Brown socks with rubber grips - similar to hospital attire. Leopard bra. Black underwear. New Balance 690 female sneakers, white, orange, and purple - size 9.
* DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
Body found along the shore of the Delaware River in West Deptford, New Jersey.

The clothing section made me think she was layering for the cold. This is consistent with the time she was found (January). Was she a known homeless person or?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back