MI MI - Eric Franks, 40, Buena Vista Twp, 21 March 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the right model and color but it had different wheels - it had wheel covers, whereas this photo shows factory alloy wheels.
The color description is correct, but it was not a dark car. It was more like a deep taupe.

Yes, I can see him building himself up to her and it appears she built herself up to him. I think they both found out some of what they had told each other wasn't exactly true. I have to suppose that though on Eric's part because he isn't here to say what he told her. I think when she found out he wasn't wealthy and still had some anger issues at times, she was ready to get back with her husband. Naturally, Eric wasn't going to leave a daughter he was just getting to know. I was told there were jealousy issues with her husband altho that makes no sense in a way because of all he said against his wife and the fact that he is the one who put Eric and FG in touch with one another. If he had only ignored the FB request from Eric, there probably would never have been contact made.
Actually, the word "jealous" wasn't used. The words used were, "very, very ,very bitter".

Eric's mom...while I am no expert at this, I am a Mom. I feel your pain and heartache in every post. I wish, more than anything, that you get the answers you are entitled to and deserve.

You should know that here, you are in the company of some incredible people. Every one of them dedicated to helping you. I am honored to be in their company and yours.
Moms are usually uniquely bonded to their children and I appreciate your comment. I can feel the care of the sleuths in public and private messages. I have told family and friends that I have found friends in the websleuths even though I probably will never meet most of them. No matter the outcome, I am grateful for your help.

Tupelo, MS, was hit by a tornado today . Lots of our relatives live there including Eric's grandmother and Vee. We haven't been able to reach them. The Barnes Crossings Mall there where Eric and his wife worked for many years was hit. We hope and pray they are ok. Just got a call from my mother-in-law and she's ok. !!

Hey i was in a tornado about 3-4 hrs ago i was pretty much in the middle of it. But i am ok!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Eric's mom, this may be a silly question. Why has FG's name been a "secret"? I understand keeping a minor's name secret. I am not saying FG should be bashed or slandered, but, the fact remains that she was the last person to see Eric.
Eric's aunt spoke with news media today asking your question. She was told they wanted to do an interview with FG and would see what they could do.

Eric's aunt spoke with news media today asking your question. She was told they wanted to do an interview with FG and would see what they could do.

That's great.
I am optimistic that you will get some answers.
(What are the odds that FG will agree?)

I thought the other neighbors where she & her hub lived were questioned; or were the ones where she & Eric were moving also questioned?
It's not absolute which house Eric was painting and fixing and had the water issues FG posted about and needed the dish for reception. I think that house is the same house that FG and husband were living in when they moved to FLA. The neighbors were questioned at that house by the airport that was shown on the Saginaw news. The neighbor just next door was questioned in the early investigation. All of the neighbors were talked to by state police. Eric's family talked to some of those same neighbors.

Did anyone find out anything about the post by D1000 saying they thought they saw Eric in Lansing and called the BV police?

I hope you don't mind me asking Eric's mom, but has Eric ever disappeared without telling family where he was going before?

And could you say what the longest time is he's ever gone without communicating with you, before he disappeared?

I'm trying to get a grip on any reason police had to think he was the type of guy to just sell his only phone and up and leave without a word.
I've had some computer issues and must have missed some questions. No, he has not. He is grown of course and surely went places he didn't tell me about through the years, but he usually called when he went on trips. He may have gone a month or two or so without calling, but we always knew where he was. As for why the police would say that to me....I don't know why several things were said to me. Eric's phone and car were very important to him. Of course that's true with most everyone.

BBM

So FG girlfriend does think Eric was killed then?

Wonder why she would have told people he took off for California then?

FG's husband told police twice that he thought Eric was dead. When asked why he thought that, he said well if he had someone missing, he would think they were dead.

So far I have that Eric's former girlfriend and the mother of his child says:

1: He took off for CA, up the Dixie Highway
2: He has been killed and she can prove she had nothing to do with it ( although no body has been found, police have not said he's dead and no one knows where or when he might have been killed, if he has been)
3: He has been killed and she has implicated a person she thinks did it ( although the above also applies, plus LE don't seem to agree with her implications).

She'll probably throw her husband under the bus next. Just saying.....
He threw her under the bus when talking with my sister. He said his wife may have hurt Eric and if so, he'd better watch his back. When questioned by police about that, he said he didn't really think she did it. But had nothing good to say about her. He also told my sister that one of his wife's boyfriends might have hurt Eric.

According to this article March 21st. If you go to Eric's FB group; "he" posted they're getting situated in their new place.

April 21st that

No sign of Eric Franks, missing for more than 3 years Franks lived at Miller's Motel in Bridgeport Township. He moved up her to be close to a former girlfriend. She told police in Ohio that she saw Franks on March 21, 2011, removing his belongings out of his motel room.
The police said FG told them she helped Eric remove his things from the room and told details about getting things from under the sink and putting them in a bag. Of course, that was one of her stories. I think she may have gotten his things and took them to the house he was working on. I do have a problem though with why he paid a week's rent and only stayed about two nights. It could be they weren't able to get into the house before that. I talked to the people who rented that house out, but sometimes people aren't aware of who all lives in the house they rented. I think she told the" April in front of her house story" because she didn't want anyone to know they had rented a place together. All of those posts weren't deleted though and we can read about that house. Even if Eric and FG parted ways in March as she later changed her story to, Eric had about 5 more days paid up at the motel, why would he leave to go anywhere with little money when his room was paid for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288